{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Photography » Topic: Riverhead Sound Research - Session Electric Guitar (Superstrat)

Posted on 06/10/11 20:18:54
Photo Adder

Riverhead Sound Research - Session Electric Guitar (Superstrat)
The Session (aka known as "Sesh", "Suzie Session" and "Suzie Sesh") is a long standing recording guitar. I don't know a lot about the history of this guitar prior to my purchasing it from a pawn shop in the mid 80's, and in fact I can't find a lot out about the company - apart from they worked out of Japan in the "Headway" factory during the 70's and 80's - the build quality is surprisingly good for a relatively unknown brand, and it was worked for many years on stage and in the studio. 22 frets on rosewood with shark fin triangle inlays, two single coils and a humbucker, which was later replaced by a Seymour Duncan SH-4B. These guitars get mixed reviews (when you can find them!), ranging from "avoid" to "best purchase" - I think mine lands in the later area of that.

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2011-10-06-Session

Posted on 07/11/11 03:03:16
jaguar

Re: Riverhead Sound Research - Session Electric Guitar (Superstrat)
Just bought one of these, and am very impressed with the weight, build quality and playability. It's identical to the one fotographed. I thin you will fine the fret board is ebony not rosewood, which makes it very top end indeed. Ebony is 30 times the cost of price of rosewood. It's very stratty in certain settings and got superb pickups. The Japanese were experts at this time and were building some of the best guitars around. This is the best Jackson/ charvel replica I've ever played. If u see one for sale... Buy it!!!!

Posted on 09/12/13 03:40:48
moose

Re: Riverhead Sound Research - Session Electric Guitar (Superstrat)
i have toured,recorder,played the HELL out of this guitar since 1990! the feedback controll and the neckbend i do ,this guitar has not warped,cracked orlet me down in anyway. i live in Thunderbay, ont. Canada and paid only $195.00 from our local music store. i have a les paul studio that cant hold a dung to the session. the feel and weight makes it a part of you.my style is very aggressive and violent and have a "take no prisoners" stage style and this sessions is the only thing i play with live! quality at a great price very rare indeed, to bad the company is not around anymore. so if you see one buy it,you wont be disappointed. HEADCRAMP, WIFE POWER,and BIZZARE COWBOYS, are my bands and i have been playing this guitar aprox. every 2nd day since 1991. keep HARDCORE alive! Moose out.

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]