{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » For Sale, Trade, or Wanted » Topic: For Sale: Custom Modified LED AFX Cars

Posted on 03/03/07 20:40:22
CamZH

For Sale: Custom Modified LED AFX Cars
LED AFX Cars !

These cars are available with many options and are built to order.
Options include:
Head Lights,
Tail Lights,
Under Body Lights, (Blue, Red, Green, White, UV, Orange)
Capacitor Backup (Allows lights to run when the car is off the track)
Turbo or Super G+ Chassis Available.
All cars are supplied as brand new, NO 2nd hand parts !

Active brake lights are under development !

These cars are a site to be seen !

Contact me for prices and options.
Parts can supplied in a kit form for anyone that is willing to do their own modifications.

LED fitted Skyline on the right hand side, left hand side is the standard lights.
This particular car is fitted with a power cap to allow the lights to run while the car is off the track, runs for about 1-2mins when the capacitor is fully charged.

Kodak Stock car with blue udner body lights, Head lights and Tail Lights, Tubro Chassis $50

And in Action, with a long exposure photo.

Porchse 959, Fitted with Head Lights and Tail Lights, includes Power Cap for off track lighting, Turbo Chassis A$60

R32 Calsonic Skyline, Fitted with Head Lights and Tail Lights, includes Power Cap for off track lighting, Turbo Chassis A$60

In action, Long exposure style !

Trans Am, 4x Headlights, Underbody Lights, Green, SG+ Chassis A$50

Posted on 24/03/09 08:12:56
22tall

Re: For Sale: Custom Modified LED AFX Cars
Hi Cam, are you still doing lights? For our last race of the season we run Tomy lighted Jaguars. Since the only light that is on is for the lapcounter it is easy to lose a car for awhile. I was thinking of doing bodies with leds to match the lane color.

I will check back.

Steve

Posted on 24/03/09 18:44:12
CamZH

Havent really messed with these cars for a while but can still make up what ever you'd like.

Can you give me a bit more detail ?
Do you just want it in the body so you can change the chassis ?
Do you want the LED to stay on after the car has left the track ?
Adding all of this stuff sure does add a bit of weight which makes the car a little different to drive.

And i've thought about doing this too

Posted on 25/03/09 00:46:22
Dave in Perth

Cam, if you've run the factory lighted Jags/Porsches, you'll know they're a bit different to drive too

They're the ones with the lights front n rear

What's the smallest "Super Cap", and how long might 4 lights run off one?

Posted on 25/03/09 04:51:04
22tall

Hi Cam, I have thought of you as my long lost twin ever since I saw your track. I retire in 8 months and have been planning a scenic track for years. I see many of my ideas on your track. Excellent!

The answer to both questions is yes. Everyone has their own chassis so I painted bodies to match the lane color. Lights staying on for awhile would be the great for us. Painting a dark blue wasn't the best idea.

I was thinking you could use the front part of the circuit board to hook the electronics to. The rest of the board can go away.

What I would like to do is send you a Jag, a Porsche body and the leds I would be using. The proper resisters and capacitor are up to you. The lights staying on 30 to 60 seconds would be more that adequite. I run an 18 volt 30 amp power supply if you need to know.

Once I have seen what you have done and know the parts I can do the rest of the cars.

Be more than glad to pay for the parts and your time. Let me know how to pay you. I am in the United States.

How are the winters down there? I know summer can be pretty warm down there.

Talk to you soon.

Steve

Posted on 25/03/09 20:27:54
CamZH

Hi Steve,
Biggest problem with the power cap for the led's is that you also need to add a regulator, i've been using 78L05's as they are nice and small and we're not talking about a lot of current.
I've also been using big power caps, like 1u.
the other problems you'll have are getting blue led's to run for a long time, the typically have a 4V forward voltage and the power caps drop off pretty quickly.

winters here are pretty mild really. one day i'll get my self to the mid west for winter and see what being cold is really about...

I've not got any of those bodies so its a bit hard for me to do one up for you, but if you've got one you'd like to send over i'm sure i can see what i can do with it !

It's nice to know i have some more family in the US And i think the felling is a little mutual when i saw the massive layouts you've constructed, makes me want to just go a little crazy and knock down some walls

Unfortunatly my track is pretty much dead, the frame has been eaten by white ants and i've been neglecting it. So it'll get completly torn to bits and rebuilt, might be bigger ! but will def be better

Posted on 25/03/09 21:44:37
CamZH

Dave,
Small super caps are around 0.47uF so about half the capacity of the bigger ones i've been using. Depends on what LED's and how bright you want them.
I've had the tail lights on some of the cars run for as long as 20 mins !
might be a little OTT

Posted on 26/03/09 00:16:20
22tall

Hi Cam,
If the lights stay on for only a few seconds that should be enough time for us slow pokes to find it.

What tv system are you guys on? NTSC or PAL? I have a number of tapes of slot stuff that I will be transfering to dvd. I could send you a copy.

I will supply the body and leds. I am also going to work on a "care" package for you. I have been looking around in my toy room and think I have way too much stuff that I will never need. This is the first time I have really realized how much I have picked up in 45 years.

What kind of stuff do you like to play with? I like messing with everything from Aurora tjets up to Patriot 3Es. Also lexan and resin bods. I am sure I can find some stuff you will be happy with.

Here are a few ideas I have been kicking around for my track.

Suspend an HO train track from the ceiling and hang a blimp, planes, Santa Claus or whatever off the side.

I love the Resident Evil movies and games so I got a vibrating football (not soccer) game. Took the players off the bases and mounted clix zombies and people.

I have also been picking up used electric can openers. Thy are high torque and low rpms so they should be great for animating things.

Time to check on my dog. She has been in the doggie hospital for a week.

Tak to you later.
Steve

Posted on 26/03/09 00:36:54
Dave in Perth

omg you really are Cam's long lost twin - but who is the evil one??!

Cam/22, I have one of the lighted Jag bodies, already sans lights, so can pass that on no probs (assuming you guys wanna use those ones)

Posted on 26/03/09 07:33:41
22tall

Hi Dave, Thanks for the offer but it's not necessary. Just went through my Tomy drawer and I have 22 Jags and 8 Porches. I got a deal that was too good to pass on.

Can't tell you who the evil one is but I can tell you the lazy one. That would be me. I have a list of unfinished projects and future unfinished projects longer than my arm and I am 2 meters tall.

Posted on 26/03/09 21:43:17
Em_the_Squirrel

well i'll venture a guess as to who's the evil one !

(i'm mrs. cam, and most of the extra/scenery on his track are from my noodle)

I"ve always wanted to have a bridge on the track with a guy that will randomly drop down and maybe hit the cars, maybe just fluster a driver. I'm hoping next track will have a bigger hill, people have gotten too used to the low one. We like the idea of having an underwater bit as well. we also had good idea for pyrotechnics that just never seemed to get anywhere (there was supposed to be a stage area with a monster band).

but cool, i like the idea of animatronics, esp if it's dinosaurs !! Rawr !

Posted on 27/03/09 08:51:28
22tall

Hi Em, pleased to meet you. I claim Bikini Bottom for my underwater scene.

Have you seen the Tyco/Mattel Jurasic Park set? It has a T-rex that bobs up and down. A magnet in it's mouth can pick up one of the set cars. They have metal plates in the hood. It's a dinosaur, it's motorized and it's agrivating. Who could ask for anything more!

I also got a smoke machine that I am planning on using with the Munsters and Addams Family mansions.

I hope to start building in about a year. The previous owner built an 7mX8m garage in the back yard to work on cars. I put an 8mX8m basketball in the front of that. I hurt my back and can no longer play sports so I built another garage enclosing the court and removed th front wall of the old garage. Got half insulated and drywalled. Now all I need to do is the front half, air conditioning, heating and carpet and I will be ready to start building.

It's a long way off but gives me lots of time to plan.

Time for food.

Steve

Posted on 27/03/09 18:17:11
Em_the_Squirrel

haha, you can have bikini bottom. was also thinking of using some kind of clear goo stuff instead of water. there's a cool bit to the aquarium here where you walk under/around teh tank like a doughnut-was wanting to use that as a base model

haven't seen the jurassic park dinos, but i'd rather have them eat someone's real car !

Posted on 29/03/09 20:02:35
22tall

Cool idea Em. At Sea World in Florida they have something like your aquarium. It's about 60 feet and goes through their shark enclosure.

Posted on 30/03/09 21:30:33
CamZH

Hi Steve,
Sorry for the slow reply !
But sure, if you wanna send over a Jag for me to mess with, I'll take a look at it and see what i can do.
Dont worry about sending any LED's or anything else, I'm pretty sure i've got everything i need here.

Send me a PM and i'll send over my address, Life over here is pretty hectic tho, between work and trying to get Em's visa stuff, look for a new house etc etc its busy at best !

Posted on 31/03/09 06:59:01
22tall

Hi Cam, no problem with the time delay. It took me two years to get around to contacting you.

I would like to see how to do a 3 and 4 bulb setup so I will be sending a Jag and a Porsche 959 since you have practice with that one.

How about we trade? I have quite a box for you. I hear you don't see Johnny Lightning/Auto World cars down there. Got a bunch of bodies and chassis some tjet and some xtraction in there along with some lexans, parts, resins I did long ago and some other stuff I think you will like. Ever seen a Tomy Turbo-X chassis? It is a full second faster than a SG+ on my track. I think you will be pleased.

You're lucky to have Em. I think every girl friend I have ever had said "you're wierd" and never entered my slot domain again.

Not trying to be a wise guy but it is good to hear you are working. I know too many people who have lost jobs or had hours cut back.

pm on the way

Steve

Posted on 19/11/12 10:47:05
DAVID CONTANT

For Sale: Custom Modified LED AFX Cars
I am interested in purchasing the two cars as per advertised below: Blue Calsonic Nissan and the Yellow Kodak stock car with all the options as per details below.
How do I purchase these two AFX Slot cars? Have the brake lights been modified and can that be built into it too if it's modified?

For your URGENT reply, requesting these two cars for Christmas presents.

Thanks,
David

CamZH wrote:
LED AFX Cars !

These cars are available with many options and are built to order.
Options include:
Head Lights,
Tail Lights,
Under Body Lights, (Blue, Red, Green, White, UV, Orange)
Capacitor Backup (Allows lights to run when the car is off the track)
Turbo or Super G+ Chassis Available.
All cars are supplied as brand new, NO 2nd hand parts !

Active brake lights are under development !

These cars are a site to be seen !

Contact me for prices and options.
Parts can supplied in a kit form for anyone that is willing to do their own modifications.

LED fitted Skyline on the right hand side, left hand side is the standard lights.
This particular car is fitted with a power cap to allow the lights to run while the car is off the track, runs for about 1-2mins when the capacitor is fully charged.

Kodak Stock car with blue udner body lights, Head lights and Tail Lights, Tubro Chassis $50

And in Action, with a long exposure photo.

Porchse 959, Fitted with Head Lights and Tail Lights, includes Power Cap for off track lighting, Turbo Chassis A$60

R32 Calsonic Skyline, Fitted with Head Lights and Tail Lights, includes Power Cap for off track lighting, Turbo Chassis A$60

In action, Long exposure style !

Trans Am, 4x Headlights, Underbody Lights, Green, SG+ Chassis A$50

Posted on 19/11/12 11:34:47
Dave in Perth

Hi David

Unfortunately Cam and Em no longer live here in Perth, they've moved over the other end of our country to Australia.

I'll definitely send your request to them, you'll at least get a reply and can go from there.

Tomy has produced lighted cars which should still be available if that's al you're after, not as good as Cam's though

Cheers
Dave

Posted on 19/11/12 18:17:29
richard

Oddly enough, I was visiting some bass forums the other day and saw some pics of Cam building a bass:

http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6732

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 27/11/12 19:41:28
DAVID CONTANT

Hi Dave,

I still have not received a response about the modified led AFX cars. Have you had any feedback from CAMZH?

Thanks David

Dave in Perth wrote:
Hi David

Unfortunately Cam and Em no longer live here in Perth, they've moved over the other end of our country to Australia.

I'll definitely send your request to them, you'll at least get a reply and can go from there.

Tomy has produced lighted cars which should still be available if that's al you're after, not as good as Cam's though

Cheers
Dave

page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]