{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » 1/32nd and 1/24th Slot Car Forum » Topic: 1/32nd racing

Posted on 30/03/08 15:46:41
helrayzer

1/32nd racing
What classes do you guys race?
When we have a race meet, we use the following:

Scalex Mustang/ Camaro, standard straight out of the box.
We find these cars to be relatively easy to get lapping quickly, and the racing is close and fairly even. Must admit that the Mustangs seem to have the edge, but its not too clear cut.

Scalex GT40/ Ferrari/ Chapparal, allowed 1 extra magnet.
The GT40 seems to be the car to use with this class. 1 extra magnet means the cars can be tweaked a little (my number 1 Gulf actually needs the second magnet, it de-slots easily). I haven't tuned my Chapparal yet.

Ninco Mosler, allowed 2 extra magnets.
Really good racing with these, plenty of liveries to choose from and the extra magnets allowed, allow the cars to be driven relatively well by the newbs we race with.

Open
Says it all...
Slot Its with monster motors, magnets, tyres. Moslers running as standard from the class above and anything else you have...

We prefer to keep the cars as close to standard as possible, means anyone can take part in our racing nights and be competitive immediately

Posted on 30/03/08 17:24:39
Chadly

Re: 1/32nd racing
does "open" mean scratch built?

Posted on 30/03/08 17:32:23
helrayzer

Open is open, whatever goes.
We dont use scratch built, but we have a couple of heavily modded slot its, and a 46,000rpm motor which was fitted to a Ninco focus...

But we do try to limit it to cars/ parts which are available, for competition purposes.

Forgot to say, the open class is usually not raced until the end of the night, so its a lot less competitive than the rest of the night

Posted on 01/04/08 10:21:24
Chadly

does "competition parts" include circuit boards?

We got one car to lap our 60ft circuit in under 2 seconds.

Posted on 01/04/08 13:43:45
helrayzer

As I previously stated, we try to enable everyone to be competitive, the cars are basically out of the box.

Posted on 02/04/08 14:53:24
helrayzer

And the Ninco Mosler class, is in fact Ninco sidewinder..
Moslers just seem to be the best
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]