{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » 1/32nd and 1/24th Slot Car Forum » Topic: US Resin Painting issues

Posted on 12/03/11 00:33:00
Monaro Doorslammer

US Resin Painting issues
I posted this originally on The Parts Box forum earlier:

"Having an issue with a Mustang Pro Mod body made of resin. Being of the slot drag racing persuasion, it was always bound to be worked hard and under some stress.

I painted it the first time (using undercoat, then Tamiya Metallic Blue with some rather dubious hand painted flames on front). Now I was rather careless and dropped the body on the floor a few months later, before it turned a wheel in anger. It chipped and cracked the paint in a big way. I was most... erm, vexed shall we say.

So anyway, I got the slot car track owner over here to repaint it, just to guarantee a good finish and something that should last a good long time. Tamiya Black with some Mustang kit grey stripes to finish it off, even better looking than the first one by miles.

So I run it tonight, second week of doing so. First qualifier I was slower than the other car and both cars ended up in the cushion at the end of the track. Normally not a worry for good old plastic kits. But on extracting the cars, I was most alarmed that the paint once again chipped and cracked (this time in various spots). So much for being a half-decent show entrant this year...

So I wonder what advice you lot would have for someone who is really ticked off about yet another Mustang PM body going wrong (I sent a 2005 Mustang Pro Mod to heaven by smashing it under an axe once, I'm rather tempted giving this one a violent end as well...).

Thread is useless without pics..."

Posted on 04/04/11 23:07:22
Monaro Doorslammer

Re: US Resin Painting issues
Problem solved.

Posted on 05/04/11 08:10:26
richard

Same ax?

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 05/04/11 11:16:01
Monaro Doorslammer

Couldn't find it. Concrete floor works just as well.

Posted on 05/04/11 12:26:31
richard

Saves an axing!~!~!

Posted on 06/01/14 17:06:40
superman7

Same ax?

Cheers ?

Richard?

Posted on 06/01/14 17:06:56
superman7