{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Tomy Super G+ vs BSRT chassis

Posted on 20/03/06 22:00:02
soccerkiddo3

Tomy Super G+ vs BSRT chassis
I don't know if any of you are keeping an eye on the current discussion on the Super G+ chassis problems on the OZ HO message board

http://p198.ezboard.com/fhothundadownundafrm1.showMessage?topicID=180.topic

But there seems to be real problems keeping new Super G+ chassis in one piece. The solution appears to be to allow BSRT chassis with standard Tomy bits.

Richo says he can supply bare BSRT chassis for $20.00 a piece so the question is if we should allow them to be used.

I would like to discuss this on Saturday so please post you comments (here or on the OZ HO site) before then so people can think about it.

Sorry Karl and Dave, we are only talking about the bare chassis, not the other bits you have on your BSRT cars.

Geoff

Posted on 21/03/06 22:16:58
Dave in Perth

Re: Tomy Super G+ vs BSRT chassis
all we need to do to our G3 chassis is change and shim the traction mags, shims weren't supplied but easy to make.

$20 for just a bare chassis is quite a few dollars, I can get a whole SG+ car for that. But it might break quickly. At least I'd have more spare parts!!

If ppl want to shell out for a G3 part, I don't see a problem in racing against them. The magnet clips are nice and flexi.

I am wondering if the Tomy stock we are buying has had a long shelf life, the polycarb plastic of the chassis may be brittle due to this. It could even be dehydrated, but I'm not sure on the hydroscopic properties of polycarb.

Might conduct some experiments with boiling new chassis for a while. But it's been a while since I broke one, so might need you guys to thrash it for me..

when I get time of course

Posted on 27/03/06 21:20:34
soccerkiddo3

Consensus sees BSRT chassis as legal for the Super G+ class but by no means necessary. If you are interested then Richo at Nomad is the man.

http://home.austarnet.com.au/richo99/

Make sure you tell him you are from Perth and that Geoff and Dave sent you. See what sort of deal he will do.

He carries a great range of performance cars plus a full range of bits for all types of cars.

But remember for our Super G+ class while you can use the BSRT chassis, double flanged rear hubs with Silicone slip-ons, modified front axle including independent front hubs and one of Dave’s bodies (of course), the rest must be standard Tomy parts including pinion and crown gear. Either Super G+ or Turbo crowns may be used. (I think I will go for the Turbo gear on Drew’s monster).

Personally I want to see what Dave cooks up in his pots. Is this a three minute egg or a 43 minute hard boil?

Posted on 29/03/06 08:21:26
soccerkiddo3

Buying BSRT chassis
Just to let you know. The guys over east are getting together an order of BSRT chassis. Richo thinks if he gets a big enough order he could get a discount so if you would like one, now could be a good time to buy.

I am going to get one. If anyone else is interested either let me know or go straight to Richo.

Geoff

Posted on 21/04/06 18:19:22
Dave in Perth

grabbed this from the ozhoslotcars forum, posted by Richo in QLD.

Hi All,

I got some BSRT G3 chassis in. Man, got 20 & have 5 left. Ordering another 20 this week.

$15 if you want one or if you want any particular BSRT gear I can add it into the order....

Regards, Richo

Nomadraceway@austarnet.com.au

nomadraceway@austarnet.com.au

Posted on 03/07/06 12:38:57
richard

Maybe this is what Cam needs

Posted on 08/08/06 21:01:29
drew & clair

whot about up grading super g+
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tomy-G-Upgraded-to-G3-w-Green-Arm-Silicone-tires_W0QQitemZ130013931488QQihZ003QQcategoryZ2619QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted on 08/08/06 21:23:25
drew & clair

just an idea whot if we upgrade our super g+ ? couldnt we get them to be quite quick or use bsrt ! .
yeah the storms and wizzards are quick, but whot would the price difference be or am i just dribbling on

Posted on 08/08/06 21:38:28
richard

I believe Dave said that once you add a new motor, chasis, magnets et al, the price is comparable to purchasing a Wizzard ...

Speed costs ....

Posted on 08/08/06 22:21:02
soccerkiddo3

I think our rules for the new class should allow you to upgrade a SG+/BSRT and race them against the P35.

Just need to restrict what arms you are allowed to run.

Then its your choice which way you go. Build it vs buy it.

Posted on 09/08/06 11:59:01
Chadly

yes, improved SG+'s!!!!!!
I won't be buying something else!

Posted on 19/08/06 19:23:46
mt mellum

Hi guys
I've got one of Geoff's fast SG+ and have also just scored a BSRT G3 fully spec'd. by far the BSRT fitted with SG + parts and the right arm kicks SG+ all over.

The flexibility of the chassis allows the traction mags to work their magic. Whilst I'm nowhere near the racers you guys are, on std tomy wall packs the G 3 is damn better on the handling and that makes it quicker from what I've been seeing.

Hey Dave, how do you make the shims to pack them out? and does the std SG+ mag clip fit?

cheers
dave in qld.

Posted on 19/08/06 20:28:20
Dave in Perth

I just used some scraps of clear plastic (about 3 or 4 layers) and a final 0.1mm copper shim to get it pretty good. These materials are easy to shape

Use the BSRT magnet clip to hold the entire shim/magnet assembly in place.

Posted on 20/08/06 12:20:49
soccerkiddo3

Dave in Qld.

What traction mags has that BSRT chassis got in it?

I still don't think the BSRT chassis has anything over the the Tomy Chassis or have I just got (had, it broke at Cam's disco night) a good chassis?

Geoff

Posted on 20/08/06 17:25:23
mt mellum

soccerkiddo3 wrote:
Dave in Qld.

What traction mags has that BSRT chassis got in it?

I still don't think the BSRT chassis has anything over the the Tomy Chassis or have I just got (had, it broke at Cam's disco night) a good chassis?

Geoff

Hi geoff,
it appears to have a set of grey dots if that means anything!

I think my knowledge of magnets is about to be upgraded. Perhaps it's worth another topic altogether?

cheers
dave in Qld

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]