{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Keeping ThunderJets Running

Posted on 11/04/06 20:21:14
soccerkiddo3

Keeping ThunderJets Running
There seems to be a bit of it going around, ThunderJets not running.

I have had a problem with my ThunderJets in the last week or so with 3 out of the 4 having slowed to a crawl. The 4th one stopped all together. I have started pulling them to bits one at a time. Two down, Two to go.

Followed these instructions: http://www.rockislandracing.com./tuneup.pdf but didn’t worry about pulling axles and armature out.

The first one was an oil problem, too much. Just all seems to sit in there and get onto the brushes and generally makes a mess. Took my time and cleaned it up properly. Was very selective what I oiled as I put it back together. And away it goes BETTER than new.

The second one didn't seem to have the oil problem but I went through the same drill. Made sure I cleaned the brushes, commutator and other electric bits. Same result. Two cars running better than they ever have.

The trick in the instructions about rubbing the brushes on cardboard to clean them works really well.

Looks like this is a job that has to be done regularly and from now on I will be careful what I oil.

Lets us know if you are having problems or have found some good fixes.

Geoff

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]