{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Team Enduro Event

Posted on 30/07/06 20:28:44
drew & clair

Re: Team Enduro Event
one hour of driving then one hour of marshalling then one hour on my ass watching, it would be too boring.

How about we have a total of 4 hours with three members per team with one hour on each lane, one minute to change lanes then start again . then it should be up to the team who decides who drives, who does the marshalling and who sits down and has a coffee.

Spare car? i think there should be no spare car u break u fix it if u cant tough dont break it.

An Enduro Race is about being the best and dealing with what ever you come across. Also Team strategy contributes to winning.

I also have some questions ::

1. can the driver put the car on their self if he or she comes off or is the marshall the only allowed to do it??

2. is the driver allowed to have a drink (non alcholic) when driving just to refresh??

3. are we allowed to use any controller ie 60 or 45 or it doesnt matter??

4. We agree with the $11 charge - but with the Driver Trophy wouldn't we need 3 of them because their is 3 people in each team who will be drivers??

If you want to use my track then thats cool, it is 82 feet long on each lane. And it is big which will make it more of a challenging enduro race. Or we can all put our heads together and come up with a track which we all like and it doesn't have to be long, short or whatever.

Or another idea for a track is to get someone who doesn't race to design it ie. Clair or Kaye etc. Then that way no one will have an advantage on the track.

As for the food, if we all bring a plate of nibbles or something then it wouldn't be too much for one person to do. Also depending on which time of the day it happened could have a bbq lunch or dinner afterwards to celebrate the days events. This is a social event and we think it would be a good thing to do - instead of just racing then going home.

well yeah just asking and thats mine and Clairs opinion

Posted on 30/07/06 21:28:58
Dave in Perth

I liked the look of those oversize silicones that were at Cam's place (Geoff's?). Would go nicely on a Turbo, easier to drive.

Having said that, if we ran rubber tyres, occasional tyre cleaning stops would become necessary and an interesting part of team strategy. Either way I'm happy.

Just no spare cars allowed

but could replace any component, including motor OR bare chassis (not both simultaneously hehe). And must use ONE body for the entire race.

I'm still voting for half hour lane rotations btw

Posted on 30/07/06 21:56:48
CamZH

I had some silcones that came from Richo, maybe those are the ones ? On turbo rims and kinda big. They work rather well !
Makes the turbos much more friendly !

But i still think SG+ for enduro ! But i still dont like the idea of the relabilty of the SG+ out of the packet
And the stock T-Class LifeLike isnt much (if any) better than a turbo !

So what car ??
I also like the idea of no spare car, but all spare parts available.
I dont see why the driver shouldnt be able to put their own car back on !
And as for drinks, i dont see why not !
I think 30mins per lane is probably good, and driver changes within the team should be at the teams descression !
I think controller should be open to what ever you want !

Posted on 31/07/06 08:25:38
soccerkiddo3

I do agree that driver changes and order of rotation should be part of the team strategy and not part of the rules BUT I do think that each team member should have about the same time at the controller.

The team should be able to decide if they want to lead off with their fastest driver and establish a lead for the others to maintain or have their quickest driver at the end to make sure they get over the line. They should also be able to decide if they want short sharp bursts or if they want to get in the grove and stay at it for awhile.

So I say no restrictions on the number of driver changes but each change should be logged so we know how long each person gets.

Could get interesting coming into the last heat as different team strategies will dictate who has to drive for how long during that last bit.

Posted on 31/07/06 15:53:05
tracey

Nice to hear from you Drew, all the comments are coming together and when the details are worked out, we'll have a good event. I'm sure any problems we come across will be ironed out for the next time we plan one.

I like the idea of getting a trophy, after all it's not our normal points scoring event, which, at the end of the year the points tally will show winners and prizes/trophy awarded then, these one-off events should be fun and have something to look forward to at the end of the day, doesn't have to be big, but it helps the bragging a little if you have something to hold up!!!

And it's a good chance for any of the kids that get involved, Jason, Chris, maybe Sarah to have a go to and possibly take a prize home for their efforts.

I also like Drew's suggestion that everyone bring nibblies along to contribute, I think that should go for BBQ as well or if you're all getting bored with BBQ's, each driver bring a plate or dish and we'll have a buffet style dinner.

Get the details worked out you guys, you know me, I'll go along with anything that's decided, let's get this happening or it will be christmas and no endouro event !!

Thanks Cam, for Saturday night, it was fun, I like your track to drive, there are a couple of spots I really have to work on though. The only thing I see a problem with is marshalling, you're going to have to get some crates for people like me - the short ones - to stand on !!!

Posted on 31/07/06 20:11:02
CamZH

I also like the idea of each team member having equal time at the handle !
Maybe could have a 5 min timer running the whole time then it would be easy to see who is driving when, ie. break it up into 5 min segments, you dont have to change, but is easy to calculate !

As for the brink a plate idea, what do you expect me to cook ?? can I bring a frozen Pizza? How about we just get pizza delivered ?? Its different to a BBQ, cheap and easy (nasty)!

Another thing that would be interesting from the perspective of a team even would be a partners event, although it would be hard for myself i'm sure it would be a lot of fun !
Or perhaps a perant and offspring race ? Anyone got a kid i can borrow for the day ?

Posted on 31/07/06 21:45:04
Dave in Perth

parent and kid race???

Drew and Jason would whip us all....

Partners race?

Karl and Tracey no contest...

But I do like your line of thinking.....

Posted on 01/08/06 09:05:37
Karl

1. can the driver put the car on their self if he or she comes off or is the marshall the only allowed to do it??

Probably not an issue either way so to minimise the rules (Why Not)?

2. is the driver allowed to have a drink (non alcholic) when driving just to refresh??

YES - as they would have a straw through their car helmet anyway. The driver will loose time though. I won't be taking a drink!

3. are we allowed to use any controller ie 60 or 45 or it doesnt matter??

YES - As this would be similar to a driver change where they adjust seat belts etc to suit each driver. I've had second thoughts on compulsory controller changes and this is probably not required by drivers can if they wish.

4) As for the food, if we all bring a plate of nibbles or something then it wouldn't be too much for one person to do. Also depending on which time of the day it happened could have a bbq lunch or dinner afterwards to celebrate the days events. This is a social event and we think it would be a good thing to do - instead of just racing then going home.

I totally agree. Probably best to have a BBQ afterwards.

5) If you want to use my track then thats cool,

It would be good to use your track Drew. I think the others will agree. I think for an informal but fun social gathering to have someone design a track and build it just for the ocassion may be a bit too serious. (Only my view)

6) Comment from others re the same time for each driver at the controller.

Mmmmm! I think it's getting too serious again. I don't believe in logging times - Sounds too administrative for a fun event. Not sure I like the 5 min timer idea as it takes away from any team strategy.
If I was going poorly on a particular lane, I would like to think I could ask one of my team mates to drive. If I was watching my team slowly catching up from being a few laps down, I would like to think our driver could stay there a bit longer and maybe a driver change would take place a bit further down the track when the pressure is back on the other teams. (Food for thought).

Maybe we should have the event 2 weeks after the race at Dave's.

Remember guys, all rules are still very much up in the air. I may write things in a way that implies I have made my mind up but this not the intent.

Soon however, I will do another draft set of rules which will be fairly set based upon the general concensus on this forum. If someone expresses their opinion outside the formum, then tuff! as they have not been contributing to the progression of ideas over the past few weeks.

Drew - How long will it take to get your 82 footer out? (Up and running I mean).

Geoff, if we use the LL T-Chassis, we really need some lowered fronts or the Super G+ is probably the go. If we went with the Super G+ cars, at lease parts are already a plenty and most of us already know how they go together which will be handy for quick repairs. Maybe for the very reason the Super G+ cars are likely to break easier should be the reason we use them. Imagine a 4 hour race with no car troubles. (What! No panic, or adrenalyn) Mmm!

Posted on 01/08/06 19:00:14
soccerkiddo3

Hey I agree with a lot of what you said and as for the rest, I will leave those agruements for later.

On the important bits, where and when.

Drew, I enjoyed racing at your place and as for layout the I think that is up to the host but the one question I have is do you still have the table for your track, I am not sure my poor old back could take an hour odd of marshalling on the ground?

And as for when.

Cam when are you taking off and returning?

As for practice as how a SG+ goes together, that is 2 chassis in the last 3 weeks but not sure I would want to do it in the middle of a race. I need a strong magnifying glass and the old "nerve tonic" to calm those shaking hands. I guess that is what team mates are for. While I drink the tonic, they can do the work.

Posted on 01/08/06 19:11:39
drew & clair

the new table will be built next weekend . so should be done in 3 weeks thats up and running. then the track will be up for sale but not the board .

Posted on 01/08/06 21:46:52
CamZH

I'm leaving on the 2nd of Sept, and wont return til the 25th of Sept

mmm, track for sale

Posted on 02/08/06 20:39:19
drew & clair

theres a small problem i got about the table!! the prob is i got 2 cars and no tow bar and i need to get 5 sheets of mdf home and thats my prob any one got a tow bar or van or sumthing which we could put 5 sheets in it would be appreciated. then i will hav a table . clairs mum and dad are going away so they cant help now . If you can if you cant thats kwel with me ill find a way

Posted on 02/08/06 20:41:54
richard

CamZH wrote:
I'm leaving on the 2nd of Sept, and wont return til the 25th of Sept

Should we be placing our orders now

Posted on 02/08/06 21:15:15
Dave in Perth

hey hey the Skyline has a towbar with towball (50mm)..

Posted on 02/08/06 22:13:43
CamZH

I have 3 cars, all with towbars !
and 1 is a van !!

Cam

Posted on 02/08/06 22:42:40
drew & clair

kwel dave has cum to the party .

so wen you lot going to comment on whot karl saying so far i like eveying so far

Posted on 09/08/06 18:06:00
drew & clair

the marshalls. Are they aloud to put any car on whot comes off or we only aloud to put our teams car on . Just asking for example if my car comes off at one end of the track and then it comes off at the other end does my team member have to 'run' to the other end just to put it on ?? Or can whoever is down there put it on ie marshalling together is one. buy the way i got a new super g+ aswell just letting someone no

Posted on 09/08/06 22:06:48
Karl

Hi Drew.
Will pass on your message!
Hang on to that question for the day and we'll ask the racers. Good question.

Posted on 10/08/06 19:09:13
drew & clair

okay ill just sit a wait

Posted on 27/08/06 20:13:35
drew & clair

there we go, i got an answer from Karl we had a discussion on the weekend at daves . We all are going to marshall each other which is a good idea ,cause how big the table is . remember its 4.8 long

Could we please get a head count started to see how many people are going to race. I am a definite Jason is still a maybe - won't know about him till closer to the date (whenever it is !).

No date yet but when we work it out ,Trust me you will be told
page: 1 2 3 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]