{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Controller Wiring

Posted on 16/08/06 18:41:35
CamZH

Re: Controller Wiring
lol, it was only the spring that deformed !
from the outside it looks normal !

Posted on 19/08/06 19:46:33
mt mellum

so how do you wire a track for both parmas and plastic tomy's?

do you have adaptor leads?

I can't afford to have my 6yr old nephew and his 4 yr old brother holding onto $70 controllers!

like the idea of people on each side of the track for the marshalling and to eliminate crowding on the one side. Why not just have 2 stations each side? if you draw that lane then race from there?

cheers
dave in qld

Posted on 19/08/06 19:46:49
mt mellum

so how do you wire a track for both parmas and plastic tomy's?

do you have adaptor leads?

I can't afford to have my 6yr old nephew and his 4 yr old brother holding onto $70 controllers!

like the idea of people on each side of the track for the marshalling and to eliminate crowding on the one side. Why not just have 2 stations each side? if you draw that lane then race from there?

cheers
dave in qld

Posted on 19/08/06 20:44:58
Dave in Perth

can make up adapters for Tomy - Parma.

$70 controllers?? are you getting the fancy models? A basic Parma Econo can be had for around half that..

I got 2 driver stations per side, works very well when only 2 ppl racing. Just remember that in a formal race, you gotta fit marshals in with 4 drivers

Posted on 20/08/06 12:35:17
soccerkiddo3

Dave in qld

I keep Tomy controllers for the kids. They are the right size and weight.

I started with an adapter for the Parma into a Tomy power straight (Tomy plug one end, socket for the Parma on the other) but Tomy only takes 2 wires so there is no brakes on the Parma.

When I wired up the track with power taps and power supply, I added wires and plugs to the power straights that I took out of the layout so I could plug them in with a standard Tomy controller plugged into them. Or easier still replace the Tomy plug with the ones you are using on the Parma controller.

Having driver station on both sides is a real plus well when the table is too big to reach across, not needed on my little table.

Posted on 20/08/06 17:22:32
mt mellum

Dave in Perth wrote:
can make up adapters for Tomy - Parma.

$70 controllers?? are you getting the fancy models? A basic Parma Econo can be had for around half that..

I got 2 driver stations per side, works very well when only 2 ppl racing. Just remember that in a formal race, you gotta fit marshals in with 4 drivers

still wouldn't trust them with the $35 ones. I know their tendancies are That being said where are the $35 econo parmas from? I wouldn't mind one for the kit.

I scored a parma turbo in a bulk lot of track and kit I brought so hence the price reference.

Also thanks geoff, will wire the tomy controllers as per the 3 pin/jack type/ u beaut plugs once I chose which is best!

cheers

Posted on 20/08/06 20:04:17
CamZH

XLR's !
Don't consider anything else

As for the $35 Parmas I've found someone who can supply them for that !

Cam

Posted on 14/09/06 15:16:45
richard

Is this diagram correct?

Posted on 14/09/06 20:45:16
Dave in Perth

yup

double checked it against my controllers
page: 1 2 last
Back