{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Changes to SG+ class

Posted on 22/10/06 16:04:10
Chadly

Changes to SG+ class
I don't know if anyone will see the same but i would like to see a change to the SG+ class for next year so there is a more even spread over the classes.
The introduction of the new class next year will see us having one v slow class (TJ's), one medium class (turbos) and then 2 v quick classes. I would like to see 1 slow, 1 med, 1 1/2 quick and 1 v quick class.
My proposal is to change the SG+ class to basically run out-of-the box cars with full hardbodies and silicone rears.
What are other peoples thoughts on this?

Posted on 22/10/06 18:20:04
Karl

Re: Changes to SG+ class
What do I think?

I think that's crap Ray!

Seriously though, I am thinking,
1 slow (as is)
1 med (as is)
1 v quick (as is)
1 rediculously insain quick (bring it on)

The fun of the new class will be to obtain the rediculously insain status!

Posted on 22/10/06 19:06:10
CamZH

Ludicrous Speed ! GO!!!!!

I dont see any need to change what we have ! but faster is always better? Right ?

Posted on 22/10/06 23:45:33
Monaro Doorslammer

What are you Colonel Sanders? Chicken?

Sorry, couldnt resist...

All the latest results are available at XSRDragRacing.com

Posted on 23/10/06 10:21:17
Chadly

just checking. think of everyone though, not just us monster quick heads.

Posted on 23/10/06 18:31:47
CamZH

Is there anyone else ?

Posted on 23/10/06 19:08:06
drew & clair

i think leave it the way it is

Posted on 23/10/06 20:41:27
Monaro Doorslammer

SG+ racing bracket with Chad in it:

Guess where he is it?

All the latest results are available at XSRDragRacing.com

Posted on 23/10/06 23:12:25
Dave in Perth

let's have an extra Turbo race, just for Karl

Posted on 23/10/06 23:16:09
Monaro Doorslammer

Do you think that's wise?

No, that's Morecambe...

Oh...

XSRDragRacing.com: WA's premier slot car drag racing site

Posted on 24/10/06 20:31:36
soccerkiddo3

Hey, I get to agree and disagree with everyone, if that is wise.

Lets make the SG+ go faster which will slow them down but don't make them heavier.

My experience is that I have broken more Super G+ chassis with hard bodies on them than with the lightweight bodies. They seem to hit harder and break easier.

Over east they were racing SG+ with F1 bodies but had to change because they kept breaking the bodies and as they don't allow broken bodies it made it expensive racing.

So I think we should keep the soft bodies.

But as I was saying Saturday night, I think we should change our traction magnets. The 2 dot greys poly mags are getting harder to find and as Drew will tell you, without them you are not just not competitive. Going to the black ceramic traction magnets will actually allow the cars to be faster in straight line speed but will slow down lap times as they are harder to drive.

So unless someone has a supply of 2 dot grey mags that they would like to share with everyone, I think we should ban their use in our SG+ cars for next year and make the class a bit more of a test in driving skills, unless of course your chicken...

Posted on 24/10/06 20:31:58
soccerkiddo3

Hey, I get to agree and disagree with everyone, if that is wise.

Lets make the SG+ go faster which will slow them down but don't make them heavier.

My experience is that I have broken more Super G+ chassis with hard bodies on them than with the lightweight bodies. They seem to hit harder and break easier.

Over east they were racing SG+ with F1 bodies but had to change because they kept breaking the bodies and as they don't allow broken bodies it made it expensive racing.

So I think we should keep the soft bodies.

But as I was saying Saturday night, I think we should change our traction magnets. The 2 dot greys poly mags are getting harder to find and as Drew will tell you, without them you are not just not competitive. Going to the black ceramic traction magnets will actually allow the cars to be faster in straight line speed but will slow down lap times as they are harder to drive.

So unless someone has a supply of 2 dot grey mags that they would like to share with everyone, I think we should ban their use in our SG+ cars for next year and make the class a bit more of a test in driving skills, unless of course your chicken...

Posted on 24/10/06 20:32:19
soccerkiddo3

I seem to be repeating myself here.

Posted on 24/10/06 20:33:30
soccerkiddo3

I seem to be repeating myself here

Posted on 25/10/06 12:06:39
Karl

What will be more difficult?

Everyone in our group sourcing and changing to black magnets

or

One newcomer buying an old SG+ off ebay (if they don't already own some 2 dot mags)

As Cam was the last person to join our group (from memory), there seems to be very little reason to warrant any full scale changes.

From my perspective there has been a lot of talk recently about changing rules and classes to fix problems that just don't seem to exist! Please don't make the cars slower! Lets make them faster!

Posted on 25/10/06 14:10:57
richard

soccerkiddo3 wrote:

huh??

The 2 dot greys poly mags are getting harder to find and as Drew will tell you, without them you are not just not competitive.

Where can I get these ...

Posted on 25/10/06 16:16:18
Karl

You probably already have them without knowing considering your collection.
Look for two faint dots or rings on each traction magnet.

Posted on 25/10/06 17:27:15
drew & clair

What about tomy turbo!!!!!!! Can't we put a light weight body(like the minis) on them and and them tazzy slicks then they go faster.

AND whot about the volts we run them on 14 where a standard power pack is 16 (i think .im sure one of u will tell me if im wrong)

Posted on 25/10/06 19:35:49
Karl

The Tomy Turbo is different in that the intent is to have an entry level class car bought straight off the shelf and raced.

I won't be running the Turbos next year as I agree with someone else in the group about this and that is this class should not be dominated by 1 or 2 people who are winning every other event.

Any comments on this last point Dave???????

Posted on 25/10/06 20:10:11
drew & clair

modified super g+ MODIFIED mmm i wonder what that means

thats all im going to say

he he he

Ps I am only stirring the pot
page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]