{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: WA Routed - Marathon Raceway

Posted on 03/07/08 17:55:58
richard

Re: WA Routed - Marathon Raceway
This week I've been fixing some odds and ends, fixed up some of the mismatches with some caulk around the track:

Added some 'plastic' barriers around the place to catch wayward cars:

And added a small veroboard with some resistors to power the LED's around the track:

Some pics of the LED's running:

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 03/07/08 18:07:52
CamZH

Looks like a challegne !!

looks absolutly frikkin awesome

Posted on 03/07/08 22:17:29
Dave in Perth

LEDs??

look more like spotlights!

really cool, had no idea you were going to add that

Posted on 17/07/08 17:46:58
Johnny

That looks sooooooo good can't wait for next month

Posted on 20/07/08 10:23:01
richard

Doing some of the 'finishing off' with racing just three (?) weeks away, added the obligatory start/finish line - this was originally going to have the same design as the backboard, but that meant a fair bit of planning for cutting, so I went the slack way with just the checkers there:

And the backboard:

Added a place to put your controllers and cars at the drivers stations - in retrospect I probably could have added power to this for sanding wheels, that may still come in the future:

And another overall shot:

Overall shot with LED's on:

Did some other bits and pieces like swapped the switches in the controller stations around so they go the right way for a positive electronic controller (thanks Chad for testing that!), and a bit of paint fixing, touch ups, fixing that dud route on the bridge, grinding down some of the rails over the bridge, and general mish mash stuff

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 21/07/08 17:28:49
Karl

Awesome Richard. I can't wait.
Cheers
Karl

Posted on 24/07/08 14:10:37
richard

Thanks mate, as you're not too far away, you're welcome to come over one evening and run a few test laps - my tolerances arn't as tight on this track as Dave got on his (or my test track was) so some of the lower cars may have issues getting around, as both Chad and Geoff experienced. Stock cars run very well though, with T-Jets about 8 seconds, Turbos about 3.5 seconds, and SG+ in about 2 seconds (from memory) ... this will make for some tight racing and coming off and being marshalled *could* loose you a couple of laps ...

R

Posted on 24/07/08 20:18:08
soccerkiddo3

Richard,

I don't think I mentioned the words tolerances or tight but I did mention that I had problems running some on my cars (that is all except the Tjet) in my normal race set-up. I expect to have to alter the set-up of my cars to run them on your track but that is not a problem. It is just part of racing.

The questions is when do you plan to have a practice session so we can start working on the cars. Hang on, don't answer that here. Put that under your race announcement.

Posted on 25/07/08 08:55:36
richard

Erm, yea, sorry Geoff - I was going to say something then went off track and wrote something else without thinking - I've edited the post to make it read better ...

Posted on 12/09/13 14:48:58
richard

More pics:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2008-08-09-HO_Slotcar_Racing/

Cheers

Richard

page: 1 2 3 4 5 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]