Plexi-glass bridge

Posted on 28/03/08 23:54:04
richard

Re: Plexi-glass bridge

Posted on 29/03/08 05:40:41
Chadly

what is the direction of travel?
even though sight may be increased, marshalability remains questionable.

Posted on 15/07/10 13:28:42
zoltechx

what a brilliant layout traveling on the over pass with nice curves would make for pretty fast decent back on to the long straight ..or into the twisty curves.. bridge with 3 underpasses..nice maximisation

Posted on 24/07/10 19:42:01
hohoho

Your track Richard?

Where's my invite?

Looks as good an excuse as any to pack up some cars , the controller and go on vacation!

Posted on 24/07/10 20:50:23
richard

Not mine, unfortunately - I was planning on making a smaller perspex bridge, but it was too cost prohibitive ... my track build is documented here: http://routedtrack.hobby-site.com/ or you can look through this forum (it was originally called Marathon Raceway - but I changed the name somewhere towards the end of the build).

So these pics were for inspiration, the guy who built this (in the USA) works in a plastics place, which is why he has the great bridge, and the custom 'bits holder' next to the controller. I seem to remember it's something like "Carter International Speedway".

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 25/07/10 22:02:41
Monaro Doorslammer

I would have said marshallability would have been no more a problem than usual. Looks like a lot of fast flowing corners that shouldn't trouble the quick cars. The chicanes and the end turns would probably have two, perhaps three. Six people to marshal, with things going right.

Posted on 26/07/10 09:22:31
soccerkiddo3

HOHOHO wrote:
Your track Richard?

Where's my invite?

Looks as good an excuse as any to pack up some cars , the controller and go on vacation!

Ed

While we can't invite you to race on this track, if you are ever heading over here to Perth make sure you do pack your cars. With a bit of notice I am sure we could arrange a chance to give them a bit of a run. I would like to see how your cars perform.

Regards Geoff

Posted on 26/07/10 14:45:42
zoltechx

lets talk NASCAR for a moment..if i use this track concept and apply my NASCAR idea'S ..WHICH are pretty boring at the best of times ,,a bit like NASCAR..oval racing dont excite most at the best of times..BUT NASCAR OVAL TRACK RACING IS VERY VERY FAST INDEED AND YOU GOTTTA LOVE THAT ...in saying that ..BATHURST IS KING ..even the yanks are adapting to circiut racing ..just ask MARCOS AMBROSE or as they call him ..MMAARCCCOSSSH..is that emalda marcccos..the lady with all the shoes or is that some other lady im thinking of hancock? if i put in few banked curves at either end and put in and oval with in oval with the sweeping S overlap.NOW YOUVE GOT A SUPER FAST TRACK i built a large oval track once and THE CARS NEVER FLEW OFF THE TRACK..not even once .. which was pretty boring BUT COOL TO GO FLAT OUT THE WHOLE TIME..just what this non compedative amatuer neeeds..PERHAPS I WAS JUST DREAMING..yea sorry ED im out near CALDER PARK..but i do spend a lot of my time out in ..the guys in WA may relate to is .KINGS PARK ..YES THERE IS 1 HERE IN MELBOURNE ..i do have an old hippie mate who volanteers his time in wa at kings park memorial park with his green thunb when hes not loafing around the uni there where he does what every uni hippies do

Posted on 26/07/10 14:56:07
Dave in Perth

Yes

What Geoff said.

Posted on 27/07/10 05:49:32
Em_the_Squirrel

this is the second..maybe 3rd coolest thing evAR. except i'm just so much cooler an ENTIRE track made from plexi (or something else similar that's also see thru)--that's what i'm thinking. with embeded LEDs. lots and lots of over and unders, ups, downs, splits, near misses, and even a couple inside outs. and don't forget the dinosaurs !

Posted on 27/07/10 10:53:50
Dave in Perth

You forgetful squirrel.. you forgot to say BRIDGE!!!!!!

Posted on 27/07/10 15:56:19
richard

And "routed" .... !

Posted on 27/07/10 18:17:28
Em_the_Squirrel

obviously routed, i only do design no actual WORK. throw in a couple barrel roll type dealios, sans magnets muuahahahaha

silly dave, the thread is about the bridge, but i think "over and unders" should cover bridges.

Posted on 28/07/10 10:46:40
Dave in Perth

it's just not the same until BRIDGE!!! is shouted countless times over a 4 hour stint in a shed..

maybe we should build a track from here to Sydney... or make a car that runs on real railway tracks.. hmmm

Posted on 28/07/10 11:49:06
richard

HO tracks? Maybe a DeLorean ... ?

Posted on 28/07/10 13:26:42
zoltechx

did richard just say "ROOTED" ? oh my goodness ! well i a got cure "if roots are getting in to your drainage system ' dont call a plumber get "ROOTOX" FOR ALL THOSE STUBBORN ROOTING PIPE BLOCKING ROOTS 1 tablet a week for 4 weeks and your pipes will thank you..NOT TO BE MISTAKEN FOR BARROCCA or other fizzy tablets.. YOULL NEED MORE THAN A PLUMBER TO FIX THAT ONE ..

Posted on 28/07/10 15:57:26
zoltechx

late breaking news ill be ROOTED....DATELINE USA .................MARCOSH AMBROSE RESIGNS FROM CURRENT NASCAR TEAM ....signed for next year ..withh.....RICHARD PETTY HOLY QUAKAMOLY way to go MARCOSH

Posted on 28/07/10 22:17:36
richard

who would have believed it ... almost like a 2 1/4 year old post generating so much interest

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 29/07/10 05:41:21
Em_the_Squirrel

Dave in Perth wrote:
it's just not the same until BRIDGE!!! is shouted countless times over a 4 hour stint in a shed..

maybe we should build a track from here to Sydney... or make a car that runs on real railway tracks.. hmmm

oh i gotcha. BRIDGE !!

i totally dig a track from here to perth. there's these cool big trees somewhere in WA, i think an elevated track (a la Ewok village) would be rad. or a complete Temple of Doom railway car chase track. cam agreed to do all the work, so we're going to make one when we have room.
page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]