{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: 2009 WA HO state titles - proposal

Posted on 12/11/08 18:27:19
CamZH

Re: 2009 WA HO state titles - proposal
If we dont have hot chicks in bikini's as marshalls who's going to bother coming along just for a look ??

I dont think anyone wants to invite strangers into their houses, but we've all done it.

I'm not so keen on the idea of paying to race...

Posted on 12/11/08 18:54:48
Em_the_Squirrel

Are you implying our HO marshalls aren't hot enough ???????

Posted on 14/11/08 00:30:37
Monaro Doorslammer

Em_the_Squirrel wrote:
Are you implying our marshalls aren't hot enough ???????

Staying out of THAT one I think...

I have no problems with the plans you have. Neutral venue? Good idea. Invites for the general public? Definitely. Pay to race? Well, it's rare not to see that happen anywhere...

I do however think that a lot more homework should be done on the venue. Why not try a church hall to start off with? I'm sure there would be much more reasonable rates. OK, maybe it's not the Hilton ballroom, but already you would have saving on entry fees and MORE people would be able to participate on a budget (that is what you want I imagine...).

Investigate the options, because I know there would be interest in a State event for a lot of folk...

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site

Posted on 14/11/08 11:49:29
Chadly

Karl and Tracey both work at ECU joondalup and we are getting staff rates, plus public liability at a small aditional fee (plus we get set up and pull down time at no charge).
The cost works out at the same or less than that of a less......flattering venue.

Posted on 14/11/08 14:49:56
Dave in Perth

better to hold it in conjunction with some other hobby/model/community show if possible.

If we had a rough date it'd be easy to find an event to tag along with.

Or just hold it at someone's house, like the other HO States/Nationals...

Posted on 14/11/08 17:27:52
Chadly

sounds like u have something in mind Dave.
wanna do some research for us?

Posted on 18/11/08 11:28:28
Chadly

are you suggesting that everyone pay for venue/ect cost?
I was expecting to be able to recover some/most costs through entry fees but not all. Left over costs shouldn't be anywhere near $200, i'm sure donations from 4 or 5 willing people (dont worry........not including you) will cover it. If not.....i'll pay it.

All up entry fees wont be more than $10-$15 (yet to be finalised..........just trying to settle the AHORA application).

Posted on 18/11/08 17:20:47
CamZH

Is that $10-$15 per class ?

and why shouldn't everyone share the cost equally ?

Who else is really going to come along ? Why not just hold it at someone's house like Dave said? I cant see that we'll be flooded by strangers.

How are we going to get the word out to all the wanna be racers ?

I've just spoken to Colin at Checkered Flag and he said he's got a party room that we can use, but depends on the track size. He also said that if the event was of 'significance' he would waive fees for booking out his room.

Seems to me to make a whole lot more sense to go racing where people already do it.

Posted on 18/11/08 21:54:46
Dave in Perth

way to go Cam

I gotta say that I for one appreciate any effort into investigating venues etc (Chad n Cam and anyone else who's tried). I haven't had a chance to do it myself.

The CF option sounds VERY promising from Cam's post, although it is a bit of travelling for the rest of you. Thoughts/opinions?

AHORA regs state that entry fees for each class are $10, of which $1 goes to AHORA (remember they provide a trophy/plaque) and the rest goes to the track owner/host. Is there any reason why we can't still send $1 to AHORA and say $4 to to the owner/host? Not sure if rules can be bent like that though. I'd be happy to pay $5 per class to contribute, I'd love to pay $10 but that'd mean I'd prob only run 2 classes. More food for thought.

While I'm at it, anyone interested in making (plastic or routed) a replica of the popular Buck Scorpion layout for the event? 6 or 4 lanes (c'mon, go 6 ) 4 x 16' .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30x1HQhz8TM

This layout has kinda become a race standard, kinda like the 1/24 Blue King tracks. Very fast layout, could crank up the volts a bit (can't remember what AHORA says re class voltages). Not sure if Tjets would be as much fun.

Happy days

Posted on 19/11/08 11:19:13
ozhoslotcars

Just to fully explain the fee's re AHORA Inc

1. The application fee to host a title per class is $25 (ie: 3 classes = $75 application fee). Fees refunded if not approved.
2. AHORA Inc provides a plaque/trophy to the winner of each class (each plaque/trophy is valued at $25 : which cancels out the application fee).
3. Entry Fee was set at $10 ($1 of each entry to AHORA Inc to cover costs etc) so as the track owner etc lodging the application can recoup there fees and make a few $$$ on the side (in the hope that the track owner may also provide some additional prizes etc etc). I personally don't think AHORA Inc would have any problem with a $5 entry fee as long as AHORA Inc is still receiving its $1 per entry.

The event application form is a guide only. It was designed to allow for different tracks, voltages etc etc

Venue for titles are up to the applicant however it should be noted that all previous AHORA Inc titles have been held at private residences. There has never been a problem with entrants (given that everyone is interested in HO Racing).

AHORA Inc does have a code of conduct : I have posted it below...

Rod Thurgood

AHORA Inc Code Of Conduct

1. Abusive Language, Profanity, and/or Misconduct: The use of abusive language, profanity, and/or misconduct by competitors towards race officials, track marshals, other competitors, or members of the public, shall not be tolerated at an AHORA Inc sanctioned race event or its immediate surrounds. A verbal warning shall be issued to the offending competitor, or competitors, by the AHORA Inc appointed Race Director as penalty for a first offence. Should an offending competitor, or competitors, be issued with a second warning from the AHORA Inc appointed Race Director than such competitor, or competitors, shall be disqualified from the AHORA Inc sanctioned race event. Any act of violence, be it initiated, or retaliated (other than in self defence), involving any persons attending an AHORA Inc sanctioned race event shall be grounds for immediate disqualification and removal of the offender(s) from the AHORA Inc sanctioned race event and its immediate surrounds. The AHORA Inc appointed Race Director, and AHORA Inc appointed Assistant Race Director(s), officiating at such AHORA Inc sanctioned race event shall have the final judgement in how such disqualification and removal shall take effect.

2. Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of any competitor, track marshal, race official, or member of the public attending an AHORA Inc sanctioned race event shall result in lap penalities, and/or disqualification, and/or removal from the AHORA Inc sanctioned race event as determined by the AHORA Inc appointed Race Director, and AHORA Inc appointed Assistant Race Director(s), officiating at such AHORA Inc sanctioned race event. The AHORA Inc appointed Race Director, and AHORA Inc appointed Assistant Race Director(s), officiating at such AHORA Inc sanctioned race event shall have the final judgement in how such lap penalties, and/or disqualification, and/or removal shall take effect. Serious or repeated unsportsmanlike conduct shall result in the offender(s) being prohibited from competing in or attending future AHORA Inc sanctioned race events for such period of time as determined by a vote of the AHORA Inc Committee at an AHORA Inc Committee Meeting.

3. Track Marshal Duties: All competitors shall take turns serving as a track marshal unless otherwise authorised by the AHORA Inc appointed Race Director. Substitute track marshals shall only be permitted in exceptional circumstances and shall be approved by the AHORA Inc appointed Race Director prior to commencing said track marshal duties. Failure to fulfill track marshal duties shall result in lap penalties and/or disqualification as determined by the AHORA Inc appointed Race Director. The sole duty of the track marshal is to replace de-slotted cars in the fastest time possible, and in the safest method so as to not hinder or obstruct other cars in the race. Track marshals shall adopt the ‘first car off, first car back on’ principle other than in cases where the track marshals actions have resulted in a rival car being de-slotted, in which case that car must be replaced first. Track marshals shall not repair cars, but shall return the car together with any parts (if available) to the competitor.

4. Protests: Protests shall be made in writing, by the protesting competitor, to the AHORA Inc appointed Race Director within one hour of the perceived offence having occurred. A Protest Fee equal to the protesting competitors entry fee for that race event shall be lodged with the Protest. The Protest shall be immediately acted upon by the AHORA Inc appointed Race Director, and AHORA Inc appointed Assistant Race Director(s), and their decision shall be final. Should the Protest be upheld, the protesting competitor shall have the Protest Fee refunded. Should the Protest be lost, the Protest Fee shall be forfeited to AHORA Inc. A Protest shall follow these guidelines to be considered valid. Should AHORA Inc approve a race event that contains the rule and/or term “no protests shall be entered into” in its rules and regulations submitted to AHORA Inc than that rule shall be deemed final.

Posted on 19/11/08 12:36:11
Dave in Perth

cheers Rod

Posted on 19/11/08 13:57:55
Chadly

I dont like the idea of a Scorpian at CF (personal), but it is up to the vote.

.....Anyone

Posted on 19/11/08 22:38:28
CamZH

The scorpion track looks suitable for RO only. And seeing as this is looking to be t-jet, turbo, SG and maybe RO i dont see the point in having a track thats good for only 1 class and the one that is most likly to be ditched.

Posted on 19/11/08 22:59:52
Dave in Perth

fair call

Posted on 20/11/08 17:12:48
Chadly

Cam, have you driven any of those cars on a scorpian?

Posted on 20/11/08 20:37:09
CamZH

no, i havent, have you ?

Posted on 21/11/08 17:20:26
Chadly

Cam a big "fast" track doesnt mean "slower" cars arent as fun/challenging to drive, infact i think people would find it better.

Posted on 23/11/08 21:28:58
soccerkiddo3

I followed up on some of the suggestions made while you were on subject and found out a couple of things about hall hire in my area.

Unless you qualify as a community group hall hire is expensive. You pay by the hour. To set up the night before you have to hire the night before. You do get time the following morning to clear and clean. If you do a good enough job you may even get the cleaning deposit back. As a private hire you also have to be able to show council that you have adequate security in place to ensure that their property is not damaged. They do give you the name of companies who can provide security for you.

I also asked about a couple of churches, one has a church functions only policy while the other was willing to consider any application made by their own church members for use of their facilities. Can any of you lot make the application?

So it looks like we have two viable options: ECU or Checkered Flag. With ECU we would be running our own thing. At CF I am not sure what the arrangement would be. Would we be running it or should we let Colin collect entry fees passing onto Rod his bit. Maybe Colin could even organise the Race Director bit allowing us to concentrate on racing.

Lots of work still needed get this off the ground. Where to now? (constructive comments only please)

Posted on 23/11/08 22:42:37
CamZH

Good work on looking into other options Geoff.

The impression i got from Colin is that he was willing to let us use his space, I'm sure we could probably get him to do race directing duties, but why not just do it the way we do it ? I didnt mention to Colin anything about fees for AHORA and that might have had something to do with him saying it was cool for us to use the venue for nix. I'm sure he'd agree to use paying for it tho, seeing as the money is meant to go to the host.

Posted on 24/11/08 09:47:17
Chadly

vote 1 - ECU
page: 1 2 3 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]