{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Die Cast Body Conversion and Racing

Posted on 17/03/09 18:47:55
soccerkiddo3

Die Cast Body Conversion and Racing
OK guys, you talk about having a special event for converted Die Cast cars. Let get it started.

Who has one that they have done? Gives us a couple of pictures of the car showing us what it looks like (right way up) and what you had to do (show us the underside).

If you have one in the planning stages then a picture of the car and the chassis that you are planning to use.

Barry showed me a body on Saturday that he is planning to use. Me, I am going visit a few toy shops and see what I can find.

If there is enough interest then we will plan an event. No replies no event.

Posted on 18/03/09 00:19:55
Dave in Perth

Re: Die Cast Body Conversion and Racing
ok people, the most important thing to check is the wheelbase.

most die cast cars are too long.

Our AFX cars are also very wide, so if we go with a Turbo/SG chassis, get the widest bodies you can find.

Posted on 18/03/09 14:05:21
Chadly

I have some hot wheels cars, that i am planning to convert, that have the exact w/b of a SG+.

Didn't you use a Tjet base Dave?

If we had handicapped software for a dragstrip (hint, hint) we could race all die cast cars, mag, non mag, pancake, etc.

Posted on 06/04/09 22:31:22
Monaro Doorslammer

Still have a drawerful waiting for careful analysis of dimensions...

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site

Posted on 29/05/09 23:31:42
Dave in Perth

I now have 4 HotWheels conversions running, and by "accident" they match our 4 standard lane colours

As seen at the last drag meet, using the HotWheels chassis, Turbo can motor, axle, pickups and springs.

Awaiting parts to build more....

Posted on 07/12/09 11:06:14
slawson64

i ONLY NEW TO THIS SIGHT BUT GOOD TO SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE TO CONVERT MATCHBOX CARS TO RACE CARS.I HAVE GOT UTES TRUCKS AND RACE CARS ALL CONVERTED.I ALWAYS CHECK THE WHEEL BASE REMEMBER THE G+ FRONT AXLE CAN BE CHANGED.TAKE THE BASE OFF THE MB CAR.YOU CAN SOMETIMES STILL USE THE INTERNAL SEATS ETC.I USE A BODY RETAINER TO LOCATE THE CHASIS INTO PLACE BY USING NO MORE NAILS GLUE.THIS CAN TAKE A LONG TIME AS THE RETAINER MAY HAVE TO BE BIULT UP.TAKE YOUR TIME AND YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT VARIETY OF CARS TO RACE.IF YOU NEED MORE INF JUST ASK.

GOOD BIULDING ,HAVE FUN

STEVE

Posted on 07/12/09 21:10:16
Dave in Perth

Welcome to the forum Steve

There used to be some HO action in Toowoomba, but having just Googled both there and Hervey Bay, I see it aint that close!

Still closer than us here in Perth lol

I've had a go at converting all sorts of things to HO slot cars, but I've been outdone by Cam and Em with their Ninja Turtle slots..

Have you seen the HOMTPA HO slot site?

Cheers
Dave

Posted on 08/12/09 07:32:38
richard

Ninja Turtle slots?? I don't think I saw them ... post some pics people!!

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 08/12/09 21:54:22
Em_the_Squirrel

they're not really that complex, it was the cheaper alternative to actually buying the ones geoff has...

Posted on 08/06/10 09:29:15
jwl_slot_cars

Here's one I doing on a JJslots chassis. JJ Slots is a longer chassis than AFX. It sits high right now because Part of the orginal chassis is still attached. It fits almost perfect

Posted on 19/06/10 14:48:30
zoltechx

trying out this digital camera, so ill inlcude some pics of diecast bods.sorry not to much detail as close ups and a steady hand are working in my favour. sorry soccerkiddo3..but ill do my bestest.First bods a stumpy tbird which was part of some car air freshener thingy, the second is some chinese 50 cent thing , lola or chaperral and last is a koolkids car from coles bought for $1.20.. but thier on special this week for 50 cents. amazing ! All bods were just screwed together, no rivets to drill out, easy dismantles.Tbird sits on a lifelike chassis, the koolkidz body is chrome dodge knock off with turbo chassis and the lola sits on a autoworld. Wheel clearence"s are pretty good but the dodge has window which has some stays that actually get in the way but it all so props the body nicely..The underneath theres some gapping between chassis and body this is where the HOT GLUE GUN comes in handy, sets all clearences and adjustments while glue sets...and is easly removed and cleans up if needed in the futre. alll a bit weighty but cool to drive ..go for it..OH thank rod thurgood for supplying the sdc panoz bodys and the bantam comp stker tyres with turbo axle,goes together well, these tyres a so low profile lucky if there 30 thou and brings the back end right down some much it drags and sticks the turbo chassis to the track..solution remove the traction magnets..AWSOME CAR TO DRIVE NOW...well be looking for more of these in the near futre..

Posted on 19/06/10 14:55:13
zoltechx

Posted on 19/06/10 15:01:25
zoltechx

Posted on 20/06/10 18:05:08
zoltechx

panoz lowered no traction magnets with bantam sticker tyres..cool as..chrome dodge and hemi diecasts..thunderbirds are go. the mole..puppet man there marionettes

Posted on 03/07/10 15:33:13
zoltechx

big w--$1.50--73 ford xb falcon coupe full gt package 351 --62 ford mustang concept from hot wheels..find 2 but rare there a current release..time to check if the the wheel base's fit sg + great detail

Posted on 03/07/10 15:42:40
zoltechx

the bread roll was free dinner ..not bread and water again ?

Posted on 03/07/10 21:21:16
Dave in Perth

I've been looking out for those XB's... aint seen any yet, doubt I ever will

Posted on 03/07/10 23:05:18
zoltechx

probably like treasure hunts with rubber tyres..can be rare and seldom seen..If you realy want an xb i wont customise either of em .i can keep one ill give you the other dave..ok..for 5 bucks i found em by chance today..

Posted on 03/07/10 23:20:56
zoltechx

this is resin usa< e mer e ca > from http://www.bat-jet.com/cat1.html $13 never bought from them as i dont realy shop online ..give em a call 1 day..

Posted on 04/07/10 11:42:44
Dave in Perth

nice find

those resins are copies of the 1/72 Caldecott Miniature Models diecast ones, which I believe are XC's.
Have one or two here, and a couple of Phase II's .

page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]