{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Classes and Racing Formats

Posted on 15/02/10 21:37:04
soccerkiddo3

Classes and Racing Formats
After a bit of discussion we have agreed to continue with the same classes for 2010. We will be looking to mix up the events to keep everyone interested with a chance to win.

Loan cars are available to for newcomers to have a go. Cars and parts are available for purchase so you can build up your own. Anyone interested in racing these cars just drop me a line.

The classes for 2010 are:

Classic TJets

A true test of drivers skill these little cars are not easy to drive. These are raced as stock with no modifications. As a step back in time to when we started with 4 of Dave's cars, we are going to trail selecting a car for each lane from the available pool of cars. Everyone will race the same cars making it a true test of driving skill alone.

Stock Turbos

Over powered and terrible handling. Straight from a toy shop to the racing track. Again no modifications just good fun racing. To keep people on their toes with this class, the host will be able to set a particular body type for this class at their place. Hopefully I will have a few spare bodies for anyone who doesn't.

Modified Super G+

A chance to start modifying your car for speed and handling. Allowed mods include: slip on silicone tyres and the hubs to hold them on; soft body; independent front axle and wheels; choice of Super G+ or Turbo gearing. I am proposing that cars are handicapped in this class this year. Everyone will start on the green lights but race results will be adjusted in determining the winner on a given day. The person with the best handicap can rightly claim to be the best car builder.

Restricted Open

The F1s of our get togethers, this class isn't for everyone. With the exception of restrictions on the armature almost anything else goes.

Posted on 15/02/10 21:51:58
Dave in Perth

Re: Classes and Racing Formats
Thanks Geoff

I better damn well make this year's Endro race...

Posted on 21/02/10 18:50:31
Shawnster

Geoff,
Can we run NASCAR or Lemans Prototype bodies for the Turbo Cars this Sat. I got one of each, most people should have bought a nascar just to get a chassis.
Just to be differnet.

Posted on 21/02/10 19:16:09
soccerkiddo3

Hey, I have a few NASCAR bodies spare, so if people don't have one I can lend them one. Let's make it NASCAR bodies only at your place.

Posted on 21/02/10 20:33:17
Dave in Perth

I'll see which NASCAR bodies I didn't destroy lol

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]