{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Racing at Kev's

Posted on 23/03/10 20:33:30
kevin

Racing at Kev's
Hi all , Although Perth copped a "drenching" - I don't know if anyone will be comming South ( for the winter ) to play with our AFX cars , The 4 boards that I usually use seem to have been partly soaked but in the poor available light I can't tell just yet but will hopefully find out by this Friday.

For those that can remember our place - our driveway & the area between the house & the far fenceline has be graded by a Bobcat around midday & by Monday arvo our front yard & driveway was a swimming pool , Needless to say that the storm hit at it's worst while I was "on my way home!!!" , It was the "Scariest experience" of driving I've ever had to endure ( Shut up Dave H - I know that you're gonna say something sarcastic.... , l.o.l ) , There was very bright lightning all around me & thunder cracking as well - constantly - plus I couldn't see the road much pass the front edge of my bonnet for about 20 mins of my journey with speeds down to 40kms/h at it's slowest & up to 60kms/h at the best with flooding up to the floor of my car & water rising over the front of the bonnet & the front windows constantly fogging up despite having the demister on high all the way & side windows down about a finger space - It took me 1hr 20mins from O'connor to Armadale instead of 35 - 40mins - Damn glad it gone now!!!!

Mostly - I don't know if anyone will be comming down so can people let me know if they are or not??? - please?

Kev.

Posted on 23/03/10 20:46:27
Dave in Perth

Re: Racing at Kev's
I was still planning on it - should we race slot boats instead?

shouldn't matter too much if the boards are a little swollen/warped, just makes for a more interesting track...

Posted on 24/03/10 06:44:38
Monaro Doorslammer

Huh, I honestly have nothing to add, except for what an engine that's filling up with unburnt fuel will do when it's not firing properly in the rain...

Goodbye year old muffler...

Also, despite being in the shade out the back, the train layout absolutely copped it. Probably a write-off. I'm far from pleased...

Posted on 24/03/10 07:54:01
soccerkiddo3

Hi all,

Got home last night from my trip down south. Missed all the excitement of Monday. My place is OK only lost a side gate and the soil from the garden appears to be in the pool.

Kev, I will be there Saturday if you still having it. I will send out emails and see about everyone else.

Geoff

Posted on 25/03/10 19:27:46
Shawnster

Kev, am keen for this weekend, next weekend is Easter and then I gotta FIFO for awhile. So get out the missus's hairdryer and dry out those boards. Am prepping my cars now, had a run on the maxtrack today, not a drop of water hit it, amazing luck. might be able to survive winter outside. wish I had a games room out the back.
Now There's a good idea.!!

Posted on 26/03/10 17:08:16
soccerkiddo3

Hey Kev, It looks like you are having visitors. I haven't heard anything from Garth though. Have you?

Posted on 26/03/10 17:13:15
soccerkiddo3

Shawnster

You don't need an extra room, you just need to put that engineering know how to good use.

Here is an idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwe0Brt0mOY that you could do.

Posted on 27/03/10 06:57:38
Shawnster

Geoff
I still want that room, then I can have the track hover down.
Nice Video of Joe's room though, is racing on today or what?

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]