{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Pancake motors..

Posted on 24/07/10 19:34:10
hohoho

Re: Pancake motors..
haha Richard. So long as it gets dusted off.....I don't mind who wins with it

---
Ed

Posted on 26/07/10 14:54:37
Dave in Perth

Hiya Ed

Not like Fray cars at all - we run them box stock (AW, JL), rubber tyres n all!!

A couple of guys have built some lightly modified Tjets, trying slip-ons, Mean Greens and weighted brass fronts, but we seem to really enjoy the box stockers and it stays cheap

Look forward to hearing about your HO experiences!

Cheers
Dave

Posted on 25/11/10 00:20:18
zoltechx

Well its 3am ..im tired, dirty and some nasty food upset my stomache After chatting with a dude online in the good old u.s of A, we cleared up an age old issue.NOISY MOTORS....excpecially AW...we put it down to this....BAD PRODUCTION..of course we understand thier biult to cost for the adault <ADUALT> could never spell it..collector.NOT YOUR SEASONED RACER...they vary so much between motors "it aint funny " 1in 10 is a dud..ho hummm so be it. im not sure if this applys to model motoring too..probably does cause these ones have realy givin me the real issues..boing..OH im on dial up again OPTUS RULZ..vodaphone usb wireless broadband using the haiwia usb stick which reconfigures you network/printer ports and general usb ports with its OPTIMIZATTION ..blahhhh..forget it ...and thier still selling them on special..I GUESS THEY CANT EVEN GIVE THEM AWAY..hahha i feel much better now ..HAPPY MOTORING signed FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE zol

Posted on 25/11/10 08:44:02
richard

oh yea, I had some nasty food last week ... blur blur at 6am when the baby woke up; and blur blur for the rest of the day ... but I would have thought that the ratio of good to bad pancake motors would be the inverse of what you said; 1 in ten is a good motor, not one in ten is a dud ...

cheers

richard

Posted on 25/11/10 11:59:15
Dave in Perth

here's the fix for bad pancakes...

using a tiny pair of pliers, lightly pinch the top edge of the bottom armature shaft hole in 4 opposing places, SLIGHTLY closing the hole.
Did I mention SLIGHTLY??!!

Test fit the armature from below (just easier that way), if it binds then you didn't read SLIGHTLY...
So slightly that you can barely see it..
I've fixed totally unusable chassis this way

Posted on 25/11/10 19:08:40
zoltechx

good evening lads..every 1 feelin better today i was trying to be diplomatic RICH...i did not wont to offend any of my AW online suppliers, you know how bad news travels.. IM GLAD YOU SAID THAT i personally am glad AW did reproductions of the classic original old racers...the bodies are great too, with out AW we probably would never have experienced the good old days of nostaligic racing But AW have had thier ups and downs over the last few years,when good intentions have not worked out in thier favour..shame.. i have resarected a few bad chassis with a few mods or change over parts and thanks for the tip DAVE Tyco curve hugger chassis is one of my favourite older chassis and some new old stock parts are still attainable , thier a hardy little chassis where even the older AFX 440 can stand the test of time, we have a few that are nearly 20 odd years old still running strong..we were considering getting hold of some original new old stock AURORA chassis and see how they preform compared to the AW..maybe not might just go WIZARD..or just stick to AFX..hmm time will tell..HAPPY DAYS every one ohh i got some crap here drop in >>>http://www.youtube.com/user/ZOLTECHX
page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]