{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: RECYCLED ELECTRONICS

Posted on 04/08/10 19:22:22
zoltechx

RECYCLED ELECTRONICS
Some folk may no longer need things they own..so they throw it away, discarded audio gear,,BECOMES VERY USEFULL,to those that could never afford the best found this baby on the council clean up..was pretty cool in its hey day, mass produced SANSIU AU 505..it did have a blown power fuse...stripped and cleaned it and started to go deep to find the problem..right hand side fuse that pops..there are 2 other fuses for the audio circiut in the centre of the rear..there ok..THIS IS REALY A JOB FOR AN EXPERT..im going in blind..the schmetic i got on line ..just dont gel..?

Posted on 04/08/10 19:32:05
zoltechx

Re: RECYCLED ELECTRONICS
the main power transformer seems a bit suss so it comes out,, it has multi tap 110 volt/240 volt input..no idea what the secondary is suppoes to be..according to the dumb schem..may be 24 volt ...I HAVE SOMETHING SIMILAR..so here goes..

Posted on 04/08/10 19:39:58
zoltechx

reasembled and ready to go THIS HAS BEEN A REAL TEST OF patience and fear of the unknow..FINGERS CROSSED ALWAYS WANTED ONE OF THESE AMPS

Posted on 04/08/10 19:51:01
zoltechx

WELLL IT KINDA ..blewww up....cooked the rectifier board and maybe the audio board..smoke slowly but it was to late...ONE OF OUR BETTER UNSUCCECFUL attempts at a repair..HAD CONSULTED AROUND THE TRAPS and no one local could have repaired it cause of its age, about 1978..? was considering sending it out across town ..but thought hay LETS HAVE AGO..experience worth every cent..ohh huMMMMMM not to worry..WE DO HAVE ABOUT 6 OTHER WORKING AMPS WE PLAY WITH ..from the smame discarded piles..hahah..throw it away NOW I DO CATCH WELL

Posted on 07/08/10 18:58:39
soccerkiddo3

Zol,

You let the smoke out.

A very wise person (Dave in Perth) once told me that these things need the smoke to work. You let it out and they stop working.

I am getting good at letting the smoke out. I need to work out how to get it back in again.

It is good how people put out their things for you to play with.

Posted on 14/08/10 20:20:21
zoltechx

WELL ANOTHER ANNUAL COUNCIL CLEAN UP IS OVER... the endless parade of cars, bikes. trailers and other free loaders trying to make aquik buck on scrap metal..old washing machines any thing they can sell for a dollar ..< AND WHY NOT ITS FREE COUNTRY<$$$> its great they leave all the good stuff to ME ..they just cant dig the older electronics..even cash converters dont want them..THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT..LOLOLOLOL found this gem of a turntable..another SANSIU item ..an automatic truntable...didnt have to disect it..just a general clean down,, polished the clear lid with toothpaste to remove some scratches and it did have a head shell, cartridge and stylus but no needle, which was unusual ..most tme lost somewhere..but i did have a spare..HAHA..SO NO MAJOR FIRES AND SMOKE THIS TIME..PHEWWW.......BUT FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD..as this is all local scavanging..amazing there was an esky..what is this i ask you,,WAIT AND SEE OH THE AUTO ASPECT OF THE TURNTABLE DONT WORK QUITE RIGHT,,MANUALY ITS FINE ..SO THE SCREW DRIVER STAYS AWAY..IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT ..

Posted on 14/08/10 20:32:03
zoltechx

well what does any budding dj..or ROKKING ROLLING MUSIC BUFF NEED,,,recordddssss..another goldmine of a find..a red esky took off the lid an sees records...about 50 classics from santana,,rolling stones early blues stuff ,, pink floyd..yes and countless other classics,,first albums from many legends of rock,, blues..etc..butTTT THE CLASSIC OF ALL TIME ....DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN ..double live album....HOME I GO HI..HI HO.HO....... getting back to the shed...i unwrapp each album from protective sleeve..IMACULATE..CLEAN PERFECT CONDITION ALBUMS..some ones whole classic collection..probably worth about $1000..to any real collector..IM JUST GOING OUT OF MY MIND BUT THERES A CATCH..DEEP PURPLE IS buckkkkleeeddddd..DARNNNNNNN..in the bin..BUT KEPT THE SLEEEVE

Posted on 14/08/10 20:36:20
zoltechx

Posted on 14/08/10 20:42:00
richard

zoltechx wrote:
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN ..double live album....

Oh yea, I got that one ... still on record

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 14/08/10 20:46:05
zoltechx

put it on cd for me ..please..EVEN A CASSETEE..PRETTY PLEASE

Posted on 14/08/10 20:48:15
zoltechx

RICHARD IVE NEVER HEARD it ... i do own MACHINE HEAD ..the quad 4 album...lol

Posted on 14/08/10 20:50:04
richard

You can grab the MP3's on the net ...

Posted on 14/08/10 20:59:25
zoltechx

now that ive upgraded from dial up to voda phone portable broad band for $ 49 im off to get deep ..THIS IS SO FAST MANN..

Posted on 16/08/10 17:07:21
zoltechx

a few new spare tyres, a couple brushes, a chassis or 2 and tweek..oh and a new custom made wind screen, the cars and bodies we got from Geoff came up trumps NOT TO BE RACED ..just drool.. oh cut the broken rear wing of the jag..MAN ITS SO SLEEK NOW now we have to order 8 life like chassis from luckey bob .darnnnnnn

Posted on 18/08/10 17:19:53
zoltechx

completed resto's on a few more cars..modded the TCR..couldnt help my self..easy enough to do..removed the strearing roller and added a pin..black countache ...ferrari..what ever it is cool..painted another which was loosing its chrome plating ..a almond and yellow..just need to fab a driver and screen..sweet might need some spare springs for the TCR pick ups...mann their tiny

Posted on 18/08/10 17:27:50
zoltechx

completed resto's on a few more cars..modded the TCR..couldnt help my self..easy enough to do..removed the strearing roller and added a pin..black countache ...ferrari..what ever it is cool..painted another which was loosing its chrome plating ..a almond and yellow..just need to fab a driver and screen..sweet might need some spare springs for the TCR pick ups...mann their tiny

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]