{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: DOWN THE COAST TO VENUS BAY

Posted on 01/09/10 22:30:34
zoltechx

DOWN THE COAST TO VENUS BAY
visited my brother in law ALLAN down the coast...nice beach...90 mile beach down the road from point lonsdale..a few aliens around

Posted on 02/09/10 20:38:48
soccerkiddo3

Re: DOWN THE COAST TO VENUS BAY
Zol,

Ah Venus Bay...

Me and a few uni mates spent a couple of nights there in November of 75 just after exams.

In those days Venus bay was little more than a car park next to the beach. We set up camp on the foreshore behind a few sand dunes. We needed the dunes as there was a howling gale blowing straight off the Antarctic ice caps. But lucky for us it rained most of the time and as everybody knows, rain keeps the wind chill factor above freezing. It also kept the canvas of our old army tent nice and wet and heavy so it didn't get blown away. It didn't really stay up all that well but it didn't get blown away.

Still with the right provisions ( Mrs Fruit's cook cake kept us going between counter meals at the Tarwin Lower Hotel) and enough medications to ward off any chills (you know I can still taste that Stone's Green Ginger Wine some nights when I lie down to sleep in spite of the fact that I haven't touched since that trip) we managed to have a memorable trip.

The main memory I have of that trip was waking to a call of nature on the last night of the trip and as I was putting on my boots and jumpers and coats and all I noticed how quiet it was, no rain, no wind. On going out of the tent and around behind the nearest tree I saw a strange glow coming from the car park. Scooting back around the tent I nearly ran into a couple of guys. I would swear that the second guy who I almost collided with is the same guy in your picture. You know the weird spooky looking one. The first guy I didn't see well with that bright light and all but it could have been the other guy from your pic, the one on the right. Not sure what happened next as it all just happen too quick but before I fell over that tent rope and brought that tent down on my drunken sleeping mates complete with about 10 gallons of freezing rain water I am sure that light took off at break neck speed not down the road but onto the beach and out to sea.

Now I have your picture I will be finally able to prove to those so called mates what I really saw at Venus Bay. Thanks Zol.

Posted on 02/09/10 23:47:25
zoltechx

funny stuff...bloody uni students getting up to no good yea them sand dunes are the best..ALLAN lived just beyond them and wed walk over them to the beach....tryed fisin there and get blown away..talk about freezin..YEA ITS THE WILD OCEAN THERE mate i think i made a technical error..i dont think its point pt lonsdale< thats nearer geelong>.DOOH..I probably ment CAPE LIPTRAP the coasts most southernest point :whistle:YES THERE ARE FEW WIERD goings on down in venus bay.a few hillbillys and tourists now days..thats why allan moved to LEONGATHA or wonthagi ? he used to run the CALTEX gas and food joint ..after about 14 years he just shut up shop and walked away...we used to realy enjoy goin down there..the NIGHTS WERE ALWAYS CLEAR AND STARY and you could relay hear the ocean thundering in just behing the DUNES....well GEOFF IM GLAD WE HAVE CONFIRMED WHAT YOU ALWAYS FEARED..not just the stones ginger talkin oh the life like chassis's have been ordered..amongst a few neccecary slot car sundrie neccecitys every good slot car spare parts too box needs ahh tarwin lower got flooded out last year..didnt get the pub ..but they were cut off for about 3 days ..

Posted on 07/09/10 05:29:56
Em_the_Squirrel

Geoff, you should've sold your story to the XFiles

Posted on 08/09/10 02:42:26
Monaro Doorslammer

Wonder what an alien would think about slot car racing. They might turn green (or grey) with envy?

[IMG][url=http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg155/MindGamesMustang/ubd8336.png[/IMG]]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg155/MindGamesMustang/ubd8336.png[/IMG][/url][/url]
[IMG][url=http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg155/MindGamesMustang/ubd4590.png[/IMG]]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg155/MindGamesMustang/ubd4590.png[/IMG][/url][/url]

Posted on 08/09/10 19:45:56
zoltechx

aliens who dont like slot cars will be teleported..back to where they came from ......cool site MUNRO..sorry joke MONARO DOOR SLAMMER....cummadores<joke again> do good ecspeailly the green one wouldnt mind seenin the XC's do some real work >>>start you ENGINES..CHAPARRAL RULZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f6dvCOh-u4&feature=related

Posted on 09/09/10 14:39:35
Monaro Doorslammer

I stuffed up my last signature, so hopefully it works this time...

EDIT: Ugh, I never noticed the code never worked before...

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]