{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: WHAT TO DO WHEN WERE NOT SLOT CAR RACING/COLLECTING..?

Posted on 19/10/10 16:15:35
zoltechx

WHAT TO DO WHEN WERE NOT SLOT CAR RACING/COLLECTING..?
Build a 27 mhz 2 element directional yagi beam and electric rotator..for cb radio..cheap A thrown away old , very large tv ariel and mast.. a few bits of steel water pipe,, a couple of pipe clamps and bolts. a welder, a steel giude from a vertcal blind and a second hand automotive wiper motor for 20 bucks ......oh and some 12 volt power from battery charger and a couple of relays and lights,, and a switch. This pic of bracketed motor/ bracket arrangment ,, welded to original wiper bracket to blind rod guide...

Posted on 19/10/10 16:34:39
zoltechx

Re: WHAT TO DO WHEN WERE NOT SLOT CAR RACING/COLLECTING..?
what you might need is a CB RADIO..cheaper than mobile phone bills..i tell you call your friends upto 10 miles away for free..maybe more if long distance skip is comming in ..got this original PEARCE SIMPSON super panther 40 CHannel FOR 240 bucks in 1978 from HAM RADIO SUPPILES..in melbournes elizabeth st ..sadly thier no longer there.. add royce power mic and control box...foward and reverse controls..The wiper motor runs both ways once power is reversed, contray to blief , wiper motors rotate like any motor, they just return to "HOME " VIA A LINGAGE SYSTEM.. it also contains a set of contacts for home..perfect for knowing the postioning of your anntenna direction ..

Posted on 19/10/10 16:45:46
zoltechx

Mounting on the carport via pipe brackets.. a length of water pipe with snug fitting pipe insert, with blind giude rod, with aother piece of pipe with plate on top which acts as bearing ..welded and loaded with never sieze..and the aluminium annnena mast slips over to stop the ingress of moisture then bolted together complets the mast mechanical rotator..NO GIUDE WIRS USED AS IT IS QUITE STABLE AND NOT TO HIGH..about 4 or 5 meters.. actually the hgher the better ..at least above roof hights.. Add an aluminium arrow , made from tube flattened and cut to shape and painted red and yellow on ends for visual direction

Posted on 19/10/10 16:59:37
zoltechx

NOW THE HEART AND SOUL OF GETTING ON THE AIR..2 ELEMENT WITH GAMMA MATCH..WHATS THIS I ASK..gamma ., a comlex mechanical device acting like a capacitor..dont know realy what makes it tick ..but imperative in matching the beam to the cable and shiittt TUNING IS ALSO IMPORTANT,, THE LENGTHS OF THE ELEMENTS AND BOOM all calculated exactly to required frequency to be transmiited on. The gamma is the piece under the main element..the director and the other element ..reflector..the boom is the middle bit..THIS DESIGHN WAS TOP SECRET SHIT .FOR YEARS..got all i need to know from some ITALIAN GUY WHO IS HAM RADIO DUDE .hes got a realy cool web site..THANKS PIASONO ..we are for ever greatful.. AND SOME JAPANESE GUY CALLED ..yagi ____inventer and scientist 1920.. oh added micro lilit switch for fun just to indictate 360 degree in motion indictator..

Posted on 20/10/10 19:30:30
soccerkiddo3

Hey Zol,

What's your call sign good buddy?

I do like your work. Great use of some common bits and pieces.

Tell me how tall would I need the mast to pick you up over here in the west?

Posted on 20/10/10 19:40:59
Dave in Perth

Does that thing shoot down planes?!

Posted on 21/10/10 18:40:13
zoltechx

Hey geoff how goes it ? i got many call sighns and handles..CB here is like a comical theatrical/ days of our lives saga.. ITS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE..the good old days, where you could have an eye ball and met cool peeps.lol WE GOT ONE RADIO OPERTOR. who descibes it like this____WHINGIN WHININ SHIT TALKERS.his main catch crie is.....boom boom thats all you gotta doo is go " BOOM BOOM .....and i think it applies to how much POWER AND HOW BIG YOU LINEAR AMP is.. i generally run under the handle of SHERRIFF J.W PEPPER the lousianana state police..HAHA..with a souther accent of course..OR HASHIMOTO NAGASAKI....the international interpreter..with accent of course..For the last 20 years on air its been a game of cat and mouse with the other operators who CLAIM TO OWN THE AIR WAVES.. ITS "MY RADIO IS BETTER THAN YOURS " ,, you sound like shit..my amp is bigger than yours...your all u bunch of mud ducks..bla bla ALL THEY DO IS FIGHT AMONGST THEM SELVES ..i just add fuel to thier fires and just disspaer again as quietly as i came in ..ITS A FULL TIME JOB FOR SOME OF THESE OPERATORS........ i saw a site where in the usa they have these dx skip road tours..with massive RV MOBILE HOMES WITH 2 25 FOOT BEAMS ATTACHED AND RUN 10000 WATS.. unreal..god bless america.. theres aguy whos full time job it is just biulding alternators and regulators just to power these things... the yanks now have some great 10 meter gear..wouldnt mind a piece of it ..lolol 50 WATTS MINIMUM...SO I THINK GEOFF YOUD PROBABLY NEED AN AREL 500 FEET AND 100000 WATS that should just about cut it ..what ya reckon as far as skip goes we mainly get hawai queensland /nsw and some times the usa....rarely sa...i have had new giunea running only 12 watts ssb..lol THANKS FOR SOME MORE INSPERATION DAVO , YOU GAVE ME AN IDEA ..HOW ABOUT IF I CONNECT A MICROWAVE OVEN OR A COUPLE OF MAGANATRONS ..THAT MIGHT JUST PUT THE WIND UP TELSTRA OR TULLAMARINE AIRPORT WHICH IS 15 KMS---> OR IS IT THAT WAY <--------- OH HERES THE MECHANICAL BLUE PRINT AND PARTS LISTS FOR THE MECH ROTOR.. take care one and all /.cheers and 78 ZOLMAN

Posted on 23/10/10 17:25:42
zoltechx

WA DEFINATLY THE PLACE TO BE ...they got every thing goinon this joint got some good stuff..and free delivery australia wide..wheres my credit card http://www.prestigecom.net.au/

Posted on 03/11/10 18:16:59
zoltechx

WELL THE BEAM IS ALL FINISHED AND COMPLETELY OPERATIONAL,, BUILT A SMALL DIRECTION INDICATOR USING INFAREDS FOR ALL COMPASS DIRECTIONS... BUT WE WERNT SATISFIED SO WE SCAVANGED AN OLD B/W MINI SECURITY CAMERA AND STUCK IT ON TOP OF THE BEAM..ITS GOT AUDIO SO YOU CAN HEAR THE MOTOR PURRING AND YOU GET CLEAR, NOT A BAD FILTERED VIDEO PIC OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS..ITS ALSO CONNECTED TO VIDEO SWITCHER SO WATCHING DIGITAL COMMUNITY TV, DVD, LISTEN TO CD AND WATCH THE LOCAL TRAFFIC WHILE POINT MY..BEAM ..PERHAPS A FLOOD LIGHT OR INFARED LIGHT FOR THE NIGHT WATCHING NEXT THIS MIGHT EXPLAIN A LITTLE MORE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiWRrWIx11M
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]