{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Very cheap Tomy cars

Posted on 27/06/11 15:00:08
Dave in Perth

Very cheap Tomy cars
Hey all

Fremantle Toyworld are selling Super G+ and Turbo cars at HALF PRICE!!

That means a SG+ is only $12.50
Also means a Turbo is only $10

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This week only (or while they last... )

Posted on 24/07/11 22:34:40
Dave in Perth

Re: Very cheap Tomy cars
Guys,
I picked up a few more of these, planning to ebay them for about $15 each, but if you want one at cost then let me know ASAP and I'll put it aside.

Dave

Posted on 02/08/11 20:47:28
Shawnster

TOY PIONEER DIES
TOY PIONEER DIES

Elliot Handler, the man who formed half the team behind Hot Wheels toy cars, died this week. He was 95.

As the provider of the first cars for countless revheads around the world, Handler's toy cars provided young boys and some girls with their first lessons in four-wheeled physics.

Handler founded the Mattel toy company in 1945 and introduced Hot Wheels in 1968 to offer a toy for boys, complementing the company's other big seller, Barbie, which was introduced in 1959.

The immediate success of Hot Wheels was largely due to the lifelike designs of the 1:64 scale cars, some of which were based on the actual blueprints of the full- size versions.

They were also given bright metal-flake paint jobs and, crucially, low-friction wheels which would allow them to run fast along floors and specially designed tracks. That memorable orange Hot Wheels track was up-scaled at the Indianapolis 500 race in May this year when one was built to take a full-sized car.

Mimicking the old Hot Wheels trick of hanging the track from a bedroom door, a giant 27m-high door was erected and the full-sized stunt car was driven down the track that was erected against it.

It did a big, spectacular jump and all ended well.

Rest in peace, Elliot Handler.

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]