{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Vale Gary Richie

Posted on 24/07/12 20:39:37
Shawnster

Vale Gary Richie
I noticed today in the West, that Gary Richie has passed away. I didn't know him very well, I know he run the 1/24 slot cars at whitfords 15+yrs ago and he judged the best presented slot cars at the HO state titles in 2009. You know the guy always in a singlet. I know he was a real good painter of slot car bodies and collected Diecast hotwheel cars. My friend said he used to get the ones that were rare in the USA and cost $2 here and set fire to them and post them online to wind up the US collectors.
I understand he worked at Phoenix holden for many years, that why I noticed he was departed.
Anyhow I am sure some of you know him better than me and I hope you can moving/post a funny story here.

Posted on 25/07/12 08:54:12
Karl

Re: Vale Gary Richie
Thx Shawn.
chad new him and would bound to have a story or two.
You still there bud?

Posted on 25/07/12 10:14:47
richard

RIP Gary ...

Chad occasionally logs in - I don't think he has for a while though; found this on HT:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?p=4235114

Was that the AHORA race we had?:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2009-07-25-AHORA-WA-HO-Championships/

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 30/07/12 11:21:04
Shawnster

Gary was running the 1/24th Track on Cnr of Wanneroo Rd and Whitfords in the mid 1990s. I raced there a few times. Now I live 5mins away and its not there. Pity that.
Gary was a mean painter and judged the 2009 AHORA and I think Karl won that for Concourse. Chad used to race there as well, which is where I met him. Probably bending the rules as he saw fit.
Luckily he called me about racing in 2009 or else I would not be enjoying racing and comaderie of the racers now.
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]