{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: Feb 2006 racing

Posted on 14/01/06 15:51:11
soccerkiddo3

Feb 2006 racing
It's on, our first meeting for the new year.

When: Saturday Febuary 11th
Where: Dave's place, Bibra Lakes
Time: Practice 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Racing 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Hot laps 4:00pm to 5:00pm

Racing will be in three classes:

1) the warm up - Tomy Turbo Stock.

2) the drivers test - Thunder Jets Stock.

3) the main event - Tomy Super G+ with soft bodies and silicone tyres.

Spare cars will be available so don't worry if you don't have the right car, you can still come and have fun.

This is the first of 7 planned meetings for the year. The meetings will alternate between SOR and NOR to spread the travelling around. Anyone who would like to host and have the "home track" advantage please let me know so we can schedule a meeting at your place.

I will be sending a reminder out about a week before which will cover all the details but put it into your diary now so it is not forgotten.

Email me if you have any questions or would like an invite.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Posted on 11/02/06 22:02:40
Richard

Re: Feb 2006 racing
View the pics here:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2006-02-11-HOrace/

Posted on 11/02/06 22:40:45
Dave in Perth

thanks Richard,
was planning to ask you for some but you beat me to it.

Posted on 11/02/06 22:53:58
Richard

no probs, can someone post the official times and places? Cheers!!

Posted on 11/02/06 23:16:23
Dave in Perth

A big THANK YOU to everyone that showed up

Any feedback on how to improve our race meets is most welcome.

Looking forward to the next one...

Richard, I believe Geoff is going to 'publish' the results, there's an adding error on the board (SG+, Chris did 70 laps, not 80) .

Posted on 12/02/06 21:16:24
soccerkiddo3

The first race meet of the year was held at “Way Out West HO Raceway” on Saturday with host Dave proudly displaying a new dedicated race computer with the monitor mounted so all racers had easy view. No more turning the head away from the track to see the lap times. Great set-up Dave.

Despite a number of people being unable to attend we still had 6 starters. A warm welcome to first timers Drew, Kev and young Chris. Good to see Richard back for a return visit. At this stage I thought I may have a chance to make the podium, that was until I saw the “new boys” practicing. It was soon obvious that they were no novices.

We also had the pleasure of a couple of extra spectators. It was good to see Adam and his young son Lyam drop in for a look during the afternoon. You will have to come for a race next time Adam.

The first race of the day was ThunderJet 500s. For some racers, their first experience with these cars. The first heat saw Richard and Drew tie in a tight affair 1 lap clear of Chris and myself. The second even tighter with Kev only a lap short of making it a 4 way tie with Richard, Dave and myself. Drew managed to keep out of trouble that Kev, Chris and myself made for ourselves and each other in the third and had a clear win. In the forth Dave took advantage of the Red lane to run clear of the mess that Richard, Chris and Drew were causing around him. The fifth and sixth heats saw Dave and Drew post a good win each to share the honours for these cars. The rest of us were happy just to keep the cars on the track for a lap or 2.

Next up was Tomy Turbos. Our host Dave led the way and showed us how to set a fast qualifying time. Good enough to beat all of us except Drew who managed to better Dave’s mark by 1/100 of a second. In the elimination final Chris managed to tie with Kev with yours truly coming a distant third. Chris with his better qualifying time joined Drew, Dave and Richard in the final where Dave with his home track knowledge (and a fair amount of skill) managed to reverse the qualifying positions with Drew. Chris managed to tie with Richard who took the third place on the podium with his better qualifying time.

Running short of time the Super G races were changed to simple round robin. Drew had a good victory in the first. Richard had an equally good win in the second. Drew managed to a close win over Chris and Kev in the third. The fourth heat saw probably the best racing of the day where Dave run out a one lap winner over Drew with Chris and Richard another lap behind. Dave kept his good form in the fifth but could only manage a tie with Richard for third place in the last heat behind Kev second and Drew in first place. With points earned from 3 wins and a second, Drew was the run away winner of this event.

Our thanks to Dave for hosting the afternoon event. It is great to see people putting up their hands for “home track advantage”. Drew’s massive track will be a real challenge for the ThunderJets and Kev’s speed layout will be a real test of how fast the Super G cars really are. I will be interested to see what layout Richard puts together when he gets into the new house. But for now you will have to make do with my layout with a lot more twists and turns than Dave’s. I even have Kay’s permission to move it to the lounge for the day. Planned for late next month, I hope to see you all there.

Geoff

P.S. Thanks to Richard for the pics, Check them out

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2006-02-11-HOrace/

Results for 11/2/2006

ThunderJets Turbos Super G+
Drivers Placing Points Placing Points Placing Points

Drew 1* 10.5 2 9 1 11
Dave 1* 10.5 1 12 2 8
Richard 3 7 3 7 4 6
Chris 5* 4.5 4 6 3 7
Kev 5* 4.5 5 5 5* 5
Geoff 4 6 6 4 5* 5

Posted on 12/02/06 21:58:28
soccerkiddo3

Sorry about the results, lets try again;

Results for 11/2/2006

ThunderJets
Drivers Placing Points
Drew 1* 10.5
Dave 1* 10.5
Richard 3 7
Geoff 4 6
Chris 5* 4.5
Kev 5* 4.5

Turbos
Drivers Placing Points
Dave 1 12
Drew 2 9
Richard 3 7
Chris 4 6
Kev 5 5
Geoff 6 4

Super G+
Drivers Placing Points
Drew 1 11
Dave 2 8
Chris 3 7
Richard 4 6
Kev 5* 5
Geoff 5* 5

Posted on 12/02/06 22:55:49
Richard

Geoff,

Are these ongoing scores? Any chance you can explain how we came to these figures and what they mean?

Thanks!!! Richard

Posted on 12/02/06 22:56:25
Dave in Perth

Geoff you're a bloody legend. ta mate

Posted on 16/02/06 04:30:26
Richard

Geoff,

Thanks for the document that outlines how we achieved the points; I've made a new topic for anyone else interested in this

Noticed also that the JL heat specifies the same car should stay on the same track and just the drivers move around, which I don't think we adhered to on the day. (this may also make it easier for marshalling - red car on red track, etc)

Thanks for organizing all this as well - as Dave says, boody brilliant!!

Richard

Posted on 18/02/06 19:13:22
paul

i think with the johnnys that you should race your own car just put some sparky tape the colour of the lane you are on

Posted on 19/02/06 10:43:31
Kevin

Thanks to Dave for inviting myself & my son Chris to the recent meeting , I would like to invite the gang over for a "cross country" type runing event at my place in Armadale W.A. as my circut can be laid down almost anywhere & is usually placed on the carport floor which is a little "un-even" , I can organise a B.B.Q. as a before race thing or as an after race thing if everyone would like that????

Dave has a pic that I've printed up for him should anyone like to see what I'm describing ; I'm hoping to add an "AFX" page to my website when possible so others can see what we like to race ( or something like that ) , For those that don't know of it as yet - My website is called "Kev's Workshop" & can be found by doing a websearch via Google or Yahoo otherwise the direct link is : http://members.westnet.com.au/locoman for the home page , There's about 25 pages to my website so far & growing!!!!!

All for now , Keep Well all , Kev.

Posted on 19/02/06 20:10:14
Richard

Heya Kev,

Thanks for the link to your site; you've got some great RR projects underway - hope to catch up next race!!

Richard

Posted on 19/02/06 20:12:04
Richard

P.S. Feel free to post some pics here of the raceday, just click on "Attachment" at the left there ... unfortunately it's limited to one per post ...
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]