{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: March 2006 racemeet

Posted on 20/02/06 07:32:28
Richard

March 2006 racemeet
Geoff advises:

Race date for March is pencilled in for the 18th. Put it into the diary or complain loudly about it NOW. Geoff will send out the details in a reminder closer to the day.

Posted on 27/02/06 22:42:46
Soccerkiddo3

Re: March 2006 racemeet
Thanks for the input into race day.

It seems that Saturday March 25 is a better date so the 25th it is. Correct your dairies and make sure you make it.

Geoff

Posted on 18/03/06 20:08:25
Soccerkiddo3

It's on again

Get those cars READY and SET yourself for a day of racing.

Next Saturday, March 25th

At my place, email me for details.

The plan:

The track will be set-up in the lounge room so there is plenty of room for everyone. I will have another track or two set-up to play on if you are not racing (or marshalling). The Simpsons Skateboard track is fun.

Official Practice is 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Racing from 2:00 pm to about 4:00 pm
and then crank up the volts and see what sort of track records can be set before finishing around 5:00pm

We am happy for anyone who wants to come a bit earlier (any time after 10:30am) to have a play before hand. A bit of a suasage sizzle for lunch before getting down to the serious (well almost serious) side of racing.

Racing in 3 classes.

- Thunderjet 500
- Tomy turbos (hard body no F1/Indy cars)
- Super G+, soft bodies, silicone tyres.

Thunderjets will be raced in Round Robin Heats, each 2 minutes long. 4 heats each person, 1 per lane. Winner determined by total number of completed laps.

Turbos will be raced in match sprints. Each racer will be given 1 minute on the lane of their choice to set a qualifying time. These time will be used to place each racer into a seeded draw of "one on one" match racing. Only 2 of the 4 lanes in use. Flip a coin for 1st choice of lane. A 1 minute sprint.Come off and you loose (unless the other racer does something silly). Loose and you are eliminated. Winner progress to the next round.

Super G+ will have Qualifying, Heats and Finals. Each racer will be given 1 minute on the lane of their choice to set a qualifying time which will be used to place each racer into heats (Fastest in one heat, second fastest in another). Heats will consist of 4 one minute brackets, one on each lane. The next braket will start with the cars in the same track position as they finished the last. Places will be determined by the number of completed laps. Winner of each heat will go into the "A" final, 2nd into the "B" final, 3rd into "C" final. and 4th into the "D" final. Finals will be raced from "D" first to "A" last. If numbers allow, the winner of one final will be promoted to run in the next.

As clear as mud right. Not to worry it will all make sense on the day. Lets just say we will have some interesting and exciting racings with every one getting a go.

So bring yourself, bring your cars (or have a lone of ours) and bring your controllers (again loners are available).

My only concern is if we will have the time to fit it all in, so to help plan having idea of numbers would be helpful, so respond NOW and let me know if

a) you will be here and racing (if only for part of the afternoon can you let me know which part)
b) coming to look but will not be racing (we will want to give you a time to play)
c) can't make it this time but would like to be invited to future races
d) take me off the mailing list, just not interested

and Kay would like to know if you will be here in time to taste Geoff's cooking.

If you change your mind, no problems late entries are always accepted.

Look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

regards Geoff

Posted on 21/03/06 09:51:49
Richard

I'm pretty sure I'm in the 'a' category

Posted on 26/03/06 01:55:43
Richard

Re: March 2006 racemeet - Photos
The photos from the meet can be found here http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2006-03-25-slotcars/

Posted on 26/03/06 22:27:18
soccerkiddo3

Some of Cam's pics

Posted on 26/03/06 22:27:58
soccerkiddo3

Posted on 26/03/06 22:29:27
soccerkiddo3

Posted on 26/03/06 22:30:28
soccerkiddo3

Posted on 26/03/06 22:31:09
soccerkiddo3

Posted on 26/03/06 22:31:48
soccerkiddo3

Posted on 26/03/06 22:33:01
soccerkiddo3

Race report in a day or two.

Geoff

Posted on 27/03/06 18:10:16
Karl Hashfield

Thanks for hosting the day Geoff (from Me and Tracey) and to Kay for the coffees.
Looking forward to a stint at Drew's.
See you soon guys!
PS - Dave, where do you get the decals for the F1 Ferrari above?
Karl

Posted on 27/03/06 19:41:57
soccerkiddo3

The second race meet of the year was held at my place where Kay allowed me to move the track to the lounge for the day (and I promise I will move it back soon, Dear). It’s amazing how every thing works fine until you have a group of people there. First one of the track sensors started playing up. Thanks Cam, I am impressed how you only came for a look but you had the full tool kit in the car. It is good to watch someone who knows how to use a soldering iron. (Thanks also for the pics.) And then the relay which we did without but you will all be pleased to know when I turned it on after you all left it worked fine. You figure.

We had a great turn up. Everyone back from the first meet, Dave, Drew, Kev, Chris, Richard and yours truly. Plus the new ones. Welcome to Karl and Tracey (yes, a female who races), good to see you back Nod and great to have young Jason along to mix it with his father Drew. Mitch and young Connor who came for a look but gave the Turbos a run. And young Katie, who came with dad Kev but must had gained inspiration from watching Tracey mixing it with the guys, also jumped in for a run.

The ThunderJets had a total of 10 starters. Close racing was the order of the day. As host I did the gracious thing and managed to loose every race and take 10th overall. Chris did slightly better with a 2nd place but ended equal 8th with Nod in spite of Nod sharing in a 1st place on one of his heats. Richard managed a couple of 1st place ties but did badly in his other 2 heats and tied with Mr Consistency (Kev) for 6th place. Dave and Drew both managed to take equal 1st in 3 out of 4 heats but could only manage equal 4th place overall. Drew’s son Jason got similar results but managed to pip dad by 1 lap for outright 3rd. 1st place was tied by the new comers Karl and Tracey. A quick final was run to sort out bragging rights but points were given according to the heat standing. I will let the winner claim her bragging rights.

Progressive points for the Tjets see Dave and Drew still neck and neck with Richard being joined by the new boys (yes Tracey you are one of the boys), Karl and Tracey. It is interesting that after Karl picked up the pair of Tjet500s for him and Tracey I got a phone call to say how one was so much slower than the other. It seems the instructions from the web site that Drew found did the trick. If you think your Tjet is a bit slow you may want to check it out. Link available from our forum.

Results:
Placing Drivers Progressive points
1* Karl 10.5
1* Tracey 10.5
3. Jason 7
4* Drew 16
4* Dave 16
6* Richard 10.5
6* Kev 8
8* Chris 6.5
8* Nod 2
0. Geoff 8

As time was again a problem we ditched the match racing planned for the Turbos and went to the simpler Qualifying time and Final run off. 14 people set some very ordinary times but in some very interesting ways. The stand out had to be Nod. Setting top time with an illegal car he was giving a second chance with a legal car and went even faster. Next time we may make him run the soft body. The paint job was better than the store bought anyway. In the final Dave managed to pip Nod, Karl and Chris by a single lap. All other places, including 2nd to 4th, were determined by the qualifying times.

Progressive points sees Dave well out in front but there is still a long way to go MATE (and shouldn’t you be doing more study).

Results:
Placing Name Progressive points
1 Dave 24
2 Nod 9
3 Karl 7
4 Chris 12
5 Tracey 5
6 Geoff 8
7 Drew 12
8 Jason 2
9 Mitch 2
0 Richard 9
0 Kev 7
0 Connor 2
0 Katie 2

Then time for the Super G+s. With 11 starters qualifying times were hard fought with some very respectable times. New boy Karl led the way from Dave and Richard. Drew missed out on the top three by 3 100th of a second. The 1st heat saw Richard maintain his ascendancy over Drew, Jason and Kev. The 2nd heat saw Chris recover from bad qualifying times to beat Tracey, Dave and Katie. The 3rd heat saw Karl continue with his qualifying form to beat myself and Nod. I got a consolation prize and managed to sneak into the final as best 2nd place. In the final I reverted back to my previous form. I blame the delay due to me having a phone call from my boss. It was supposed to upset the rest but I think it only affected me. Richard, Karl and Chris had a tight affair with Karl pipping Chris by the one extra lap he managed to gain in the 1st bracket.

Progressive points sees Drew hanging on by the barest of margins from Chris with Dave and Richard a point further behind. New boy Karl isn’t far behind after gaining maximum points for the day after gaining fastest qualifying, heat and final win.

Results:
Points Drivers Progressive points
12 Karl 12
8 Richard 14
8 Chris 15
6 Dave 14
5 Drew 16
5 Geoff 10
5 Tracey 5
4 Kev 9
4 Nod 4
4 Jason 4
4 Katie 4

Next race meet is on the 6th of May. April is just too busy. Looking forward to tackling that monster of Drew’s. The challenge will be completing a lap with the Tjets. We may need a longer race. I hope to see you all there.

Geoff

P.S. Thanks to Richard for the pics, Check them out

attached is an Excel spread sheet with full race results

[Attachment: 2006 Mar meet results.xls (41.54kb)]

Posted on 28/03/06 23:08:32
Richard

Thanks to Cam for those pics too!!!

Richard

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]