{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: June 2006 Race Meet

Posted on 09/05/06 17:54:14
soccerkiddo3

June 2006 Race Meet
Next race in planned for June 10th at Kev's down in Armidale.

If this date doesn't suit let us know asap. Alternative date is likely to be the 17th.

Geoff

Posted on 09/05/06 20:50:13
Dave in Perth

Re: June 2006 Race Meet
hey guys
looks like I won't be attending any meet in June
both of those dates are in the exam period, as is the 24th..

must give skool the priority.

Posted on 11/05/06 19:39:13
richard

When do the exams end?

Posted on 16/05/06 22:55:20
richard

So, is the date set? 10th or 17th?

Posted on 23/05/06 18:53:10
soccerkiddo3

Confirmed for Saturday the 10th.

Sorry Dave, but we will be thinking of you. (Thinking how it will give someone else a chance to win )

We will hold the next one mid July so it fits with your holidays.

Posted on 25/05/06 20:11:28
richard

Heh - someone else a chance to win; like that one ...

Posted on 26/05/06 07:53:58
soccerkiddo3

Richard

That gets rid of Dave. Now we only had to nobble Karl and Drew and a few others and we might be in with a show.

Come to think of it I will have to nobble you too.

Posted on 26/05/06 20:41:26
richard

That's one way to ease the competition!!!!

Posted on 05/06/06 12:12:28
soccerkiddo3

Next Saturday
Don't forget, race meet this Saturday at Kev's.

Invites with all the information has been sent. If you haven't got your's email me.

If you are not on the list and would like to be, drop me an email. New comers always welcomed.

Posted on 10/06/06 22:27:17
richard

Some photos from the meet are here:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2006-06-10-HO_racing/

Enjoy!

Posted on 11/06/06 14:54:56
soccerkiddo3

Race results attached.

A full report will follow in a day or two which I will send to everyone.

Geoff

[Attachment: HO Race meet 10-6-06.xls (193.73kb)]

Posted on 12/06/06 19:59:47
soccerkiddo3

June 2006 Race Meet Results
The fourth race meet of the year was held down at Kev’s. A BIG Bathurst layout set-up on the ground in his carport made for very fast racing. Thanks to Kev and Chris for setting up the track and organising the snags and other treats. Those chocolates were something else.

Again a great turn up with 11 entries for the days events. Welcome to David along for his first race meet.

Classic:
The Thunderjets were pushed to their limit on such a wide open layout. Control rather than speed is the normal requirement but here the faster cars showed the way. The new boy David found the going tough with his first run of a borrowed car. Wish I had the same excuse but I was only a lap a heat off 4th place (sounds better than 10th). Some tight racing with Kev and Richard one lap better off than me. A lap further ahead was Chris who inturn was only a lap behind Cam and Jason. Drew 1 lap to the better claimed outright 4th. The tight racing was evident with the 8th heat being a 4 way tie for Cam, Richard, Kev and Tracey. This was one of three win for Tracey to give her a tie with Dave for second. Karl was the stand out winner with clear wins in all 4 heats.

This result tightens up the progressive points with Dave’s lead being reduced. Karl pushes above Drew into second place.

Stock:
Sticking with “one on one” match racing this event proved a test for the cars and drivers although it does seem that people have learnt to back off when their opponent crashes and simply cruise your way to victory.

Despite qualifying last I did manage to account for 6th qualifier Richard but lost to Drew in the quarter final. David found 7th qualifier Chris a bit too much but Chris couldn’t repeat the performance against Cam in the quarter final. Jason accounted for Kev in his heat but could not quite get past Dave in their quarter final. 4th and 5th qualifiers Tracy and Karl both had a bye in there heats and faced up against each other in their quarter final with Karl taking the honours. This time around the top 3 qualifiers made the semis.

Top qualifier Dave accounted for Karl in his semi while Drew managed to reverse the qualifying result and get the better of Cam. Dave however had the best of the final to retain his unbeaten result in this class and extend his lead at the top of the table from Drew who has put in a couple of good second places.

Modified Stock:
Qualifying was close for most but Dave put in one of those amazing laps that was nearly half a second faster than the rest. Tracey was next best just piping Karl by a couple of milliseconds.

Dave took the first heat from Richard, Chris and David. Drew won through in the second heat from Tracey, Cam and Kev. Karl took the third from Jason and “yours truly”. The last race of the bracket saw probably the best race of the day with Karl and Jason running neck and neck from start to finish. Jason’s effort gave him the last spot in the final as best 2nd place in the heats.

The final was run under a hastily erected flood light saw some more great racing. Karl with consistent runs on all 4 lanes ran out clear winner over the other three who were left to fight out a close affair for the minor results.

The progressive results have tightened with Karl taking a half point lead from Dave with Drew half a point behind.

Next race meet is at Karl’s in Craigie on July 15th. Get it into your dairy and be there.

Geoff

P.S. Thanks to Richard for the pics, Check them out

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2006-06-10-HO_racing/

OZ HO slots

http://www.ozhoslotcars.com/

Posted on 13/06/06 22:33:54
richard

Thanks Geoff, you always make it a great story!! One day I'll be there amongst the winners ....

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]