{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: August Race Meet - WOW Raceway

Posted on 06/08/06 12:06:31
soccerkiddo3

August Race Meet - WOW Raceway
Just to let you know that racing returns to WOW Raceway this month.

So everyone put Saturday August 26th in your diary and plan to be at Bibra Lakes for a chance to race Dave's magnificent race track. Check it out at http://www.freewebs.com/wowhor/

Detailed invites (times address etc) will be sent out closer to the day. Invites are only sent to those people who attend regularly so if you weren't at the last race but would like to be at this one, email me your details to get onto the invite list at soccerkiddo3@amnet.net.au

You are all most welcomed. Loan cars are available so come along and join the fun.

Posted on 14/08/06 09:44:37
richard

Re: August Race Meet - WOW Raceway
I thought this was going to happen the same weekend, but now it's not, I should be there.

Eunice and I are now engaged!!!

Posted on 16/08/06 20:44:36
soccerkiddo3

Hey, congratulations to you and Eunice, Richard.

And well done in organising it so you still get to go racing.

See you at Dave's.

Posted on 19/08/06 17:24:09
soccerkiddo3

Hi everyone.

Invite for next Saturday have been sent. If you didn't get one and would like an invite, let me know. Everyone is welcome, loan cars are available.

When you do get your invite, please respond and let me know if you will be racing and if you will be eating. It helps with the organising to know approximate numbers.

Hope to see you all there.

Posted on 26/08/06 22:28:10
soccerkiddo3

A great day even if I didn't do quite as well as last time.

The full results are attached including progressive points.

Let me know if I have made a mistake.

Report will follow in a day or so.

[Attachment: HO_Race_meet_26_08_2006.xls (169.84kb)]

Posted on 27/08/06 11:26:18
richard

Photos of the event are over here:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/forum/forum.pl?fid=05&topic_id=1156640956

Posted on 28/08/06 21:30:50
soccerkiddo3

August Race Meet Report
For the sixth race meet of the year it was back to the “Way Out West HO Raceway” in Bibra Lakes with Dave as host. The group has grown a bit from the 6 we had there for the first race meet of the year. 13 starters and a couple of “drop ins” meant a busy day for all. Some keen racing on Dave’s fast track. Thanks for the great day Dave.

Classic:
The speed of Thunderjets are always tested on WOW long straights but it is those corners which still cause the problems.

It only takes one bad heat to destroy your race and as Dave H and myself had 2 each we had really bad days to end up holding up the rest of the field. Tracey, Kev and Garth though showed the other way with 4 ordinary heats to tie in 9th position. A couple of laps better was another trio of Jason, Richard and Chad tying for 6th. Next was Chris in 5th and Cam in 4th both a few laps back from the place getters. Drew came in 3rd with double figures in 3 out the 4 lanes. Karl was clear 2nd with consistent runs in all 4 heats. Dave G with home track is home track advantage showed how to do it, matching or bettering everyone in all 4 lanes.

Positions at in the progressive points haven’t changed a great deal with Dave G still leading the way from Karl. Drew in 3rd has put some daylight between himself and Tracey. Chris was the big mover jumping a couple of places in the middle of the field.

Stock:
Qualifying was a closely fought affair with almost everyone posting fives or sixers. Dave G again showed how to do it from Chris, Cam, Dave H and Karl.

The first heat saw Tracey recover from her poor qualifying to account for 4th qualifier Dave H. In the second Karl accounted for Garth. The next two races were close affairs with Richard just beating Drew and me accounting for Kev. Chad took the last heat from Jason.

The quarter finals saw top qualifiers Dave G knock off Chad, Chris got rid of me and Cam accounted for Richard. Karl stopped Tracey’s run in a very close affair.

So 3 out of the 4 top qualifiers into the semis but here the form changed. The top qualifier Dave G lost to Karl and second qualifier Chris surrendering to Cam.

Karl continued to defy the qualifying position and got the better of Cam in the final.

Despite his 4th place Dave G maintains his clear lead in this class but Karl managed to claim 2nd from Drew. Cam was the other big mover jumping 3 spots in the rankings.

Modified Stock:
In the qualifying Tracey managed to show what she is really made of turning in one of those laps that even Dave G couldn’t match. Karl was 3rd ahead of Garth. Over half the field managed to break 4 seconds showing just how quick this track is.

In the first heat Tracey won 3 out of 4 races to claim victory over Richard and Chad although the use of the relay and restarting in current track position makes the form in each race a bit harder to evaluate.
In the second heat Dave G did one better taking 4 out of 4 to account for Drew and Dave H. A feat repeated in the third heat by Karl to take the honours over Cam and Jason.

In the last heat I showed that staying on the track was more important than speed and was able to account for Garth, Chris and Kev.

In the final I tried the same approach but was shown that staying on the track and driving fast was even better. Still 4th in the final is better than not making it at all. Well done to Tracey who turned the tables on me from the last race meet to claim 3rd spot. And as for Karl and Dave G, 4 races but they couldn’t be separated. Well done for an exciting tie for 1st place.

Karl maintains top spot on the ranking but Dave’s qualifying run allows him to close the gap up a bit. Drew maintains 3rd spot while Tracey take outright 4th knocking me down a spot. Down the bottom of the table Garth climbs a couple of spots with 2 consistent outings.

So next race meet is down for the last day in September, Saturday 30th. Get it into your diary so you don’t double book it.

Geoff

P.S. Pictures and all are already posted. Thanks to all the photographers and thanks to Richard for giving us a place to put them all. Check them out.

Remember OZ HO slots, the place to find out the secrets that Dave doesn’t want to share.

http://www.ozhoslotcars.com/

Posted on 30/08/06 14:40:46
Chadly

excellent race meet! thanks Dave for a great day.

Posted on 30/08/06 19:27:24
Karl

Yep!
Thanks Dave and also to Geoff once again for doing the "write up".
Karl

Posted on 30/08/06 20:47:52
richard

Ditto - I enjoy Dave's track, and Geoff's writeups are always a good read!!

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]