{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: September Racing

Posted on 16/09/06 19:49:27
soccerkiddo3

September Racing
As announced at the August race meet, September racing at my place on the last Saturday in Sep, that is the 30th.

Everyone welcomed. Loan cars available. Come and join the fun.

And for anyone interested, Open practice session on the Sunday arvo before.

If you are not a regular but would like an invite to either just drop me an email. I may be a bit slow in responding but I will get back to everyone by the day before practice. I promise.

Geoff

Posted on 19/09/06 15:19:30
richard

Re: September Racing
But the Eagles and Dockers are both in the running for the Grand Finals ....

I suggested in the other forum that perhaps we can race (October Meet) a similar body in the SG+ class, same as when we did the "Mini body" - http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2006-05-06-HO_slotcar_meet/ .

Anyone fancy a GT40 race-off??

Posted on 01/10/06 10:55:42
soccerkiddo3

Race results are attached. Write-up in the next day or so.

[Attachment: HO_Race_meet_30_09_2006.xls (111.64kb)]

Posted on 02/10/06 10:53:54
soccerkiddo3

Last day of September and we are racing for the seventh time this year. Back on my track this time around. Again Kay let me move it into the lounge room but this time it was moved in time for a practice day the weekend before. As Race host, I was pleased that Tracey stepped up and volunteered to take on the Race Director role. Thanks Tracey for a job well done.

While we were missing a couple of the regulars, we had two younger racers step up for their first run. Kate showed the benefit of that the time spent on Dad’s WOW raceway while on the other hand young Matelen showed his inexperience in the slot car scene. Hope you enjoyed your first experience of slot car racing.

Classic:
As usual we started with the slowest and some people say most interesting, the Thunderjets led the way.

The first heat saw Kev take the honour in what I consider the hardest (yellow) lane from Jason, Garth and Chris all a couple of laps behind. The second saw Dave G in the red lane account for Tracey by 1 lap with myself and new boy Matelen left in their dust. Karl continued the run of outside lanes taking the heat in the yellow lane from Cam and Dave H with Kate one lap further back. The fourth heat finally saw a win for a middle lane with Drew accounting for Richard, Garth and Chris. Next heat saw Karl tying with Dave G in the two middle lanes with Garth and Jason on their outside two laps back but the sixth heat had Drew in the yellow account for Dave G, Dave H and Chris. Cam did the same in the next from Kate, myself and Matelen. In the eighth Karl took it from Kate, Cam and Matelen. In the ninth Dave G (yellow) took it from Dave H, Tracey and Kev. The tenth saw Dave H (yellow) knock off Richard, Kev and Kate. Next saw a tie in the two outside lanes with Richard (yellow) and Karl accounting for Drew and Jason. The twelfth was a tight affair with Cam just pipping Tracey and myself with Matelen rounding off the heat. The next was a slow affair but Tracey (yellow) accounted for Richard, Jason and myself. The last heat again saw the outside lanes tie with Drew and Garth (yellow) accounting for Kev and Chris.

Well done to Karl and Drew, pushing Dave G back to third place for the day. The lowest placing he has had since last time we raced on my track. You should have made the practice day Dave. One other thing I must say, with the yellow lane taking or sharing the honours in 9 out of 14 heats, I think I would now have to say that yellow is one of the better lanes for ThunderJets. I will have to learn how to drive it.

Progressive points see Karl closing in on Dave G. Drew reinforced his third position while Richard with a good result reclaimed fourth over Tracey. (It is being Race Director that does it Tracey or so I claim). Cam continues his climb through the middle of the pack while both Dave H and Garth had good results and climb a few places.

Stock:
Karl and Cam took the honours from the two Daves, H and G thanks in part to a couple of blow in cars. Sorry guys, a vote and the end of the day saw those cars removed from future races.

The heats all went the way of the faster qualifiers with Dave H accounting for Kate; Dave G knocking off Matelen; Richard eliminating Garth; Drew taking the honours from Chris; Tracy having the upper hand over Chris; and yours truly getting the better of Kev.

In the quarter finals Karl soon accounted for me; Cam go rid of Tracey; and Dave G saw off Richard. Drew was the only one to upset a higher qualifier and eliminate Dave H.

Again 3 out of the 4 top qualifiers into the semis but here again the pressure of being the better qualifier got to them with both Karl and Cam being eliminated by Dave G and Drew.

In the final Drew continued to defy his lowly qualifying position and took the honours for the class. Well done Drew, Dave doesn’t loose many finals. (Now if only you had made the practice Dave)

Despite his 2nd place Dave G maintains his clear lead in this class although Drew has now caught Karl to tie for second. Cam continues his climb up through the rankings.

Modified Stock:
Qualifying was blistering in modified stock with 6 people better the fastest qualifying time from last time around on this track. Karl managed to maintain top honours but was nearly a second faster than 6 months ago. I am pleased to say I wasn’t far behind for second place ahead of Dave G and Tracey.

In the first heat Karl took the honour on all four rotations leaving Cam and Kate in his wake. In the second heat I drove conservatively to keep my nose in front of Jason and Richard. In the third heat Dave G recovered from a poor first run to win the next three rotations against Garth and Kev to make the final.

The fourth heat saw Chris and Matelen almost as bystanders as Tracey and Drew fought out their own private battle. Four rotations and nothing separated them. An extra 2 man (actually man against woman) race and still locked. It required the reverse lane for Drew to sneak into the final. Fantastic racing, great to watch.

In the final Drew and I blew it with poor first up runs on the outside lanes. The next rotation saw great racing with all four runners posting great laps. In the 3rd rotation Karl, Dave G and Drew all posted good laps but I struggled in the red lane. In the last Karl and I showed the way with Drew not far behind. Unfortunately Dave had a poor run on red. Karl showed that good runs are required on all four lanes to win a final. He clearly accounted for Dave G, Drew and myself.

With maximum points for the event, Karl increases his lead at the top of the ranking from Dave G. Drew maintains 3rd spot while Tracey just holds outright 4th spot. The rest of the table sees little change.

Next Month
For something a bit different, the next race meet will be a Team Endro event. Cam is hosting the race and it will be held towards the end of October. We will be using 4 new cars straight out of the box. All will be then fitted with silicone tyres to ensure some great even racing. The teams will be formed on the day in such a way that all will be of equal strength giving everyone a chance to be on the winning team. With four, hour long heats, there is a heck of a lot of slot car racing to be done. Even with teams of 4 that is an hour of driving for each team member, more than enough for everyone. (Driver rotations and length of driving stints will be decided by the team on the day.) Don’t miss this one; be there to be part of the winning team.

Geoff

P.S. Pictures and all are already posted here on the local forum. Thanks to all the photographers and thanks to Richard for giving us a place to put them all. Check them out

Remember OZ HO slots, the place to find out the secrets that Dave doesn’t want to share.

http://www.ozhoslotcars.com/

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]