{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: October Racing - Team Enduro

Posted on 26/10/06 07:18:10
soccerkiddo3

October Racing - Team Enduro
A bit late for an announcement but I will create a placeholder to put the results and report.

Posted on 26/10/06 07:19:34
soccerkiddo3

Team Enduro - 4 hours of furious racing
A race like nothing we have had before. 4 long hours racing hard body Life Like T chassis around Cam’s monster track. When it was first suggested I must admit to thinking that 4 hours of all most non stop racing would be a bit much even with team mates to help out, but I was wrong. It was great fun and the time flew.

We had 12 starters making 4 teams of 3. Prefect numbers, thanks to Richard and Dave H for not being able to make it. Gave us just the right number of racers. A special thanks to Cam for all the hard work you put in on the track to have it ready for racing. Your special type of track added to a special kind of race. I even managed to handle that hill and bend combination by the end of the day. It is amazing how an hour odd of practice can even teach an old dog like myself a new trick.

Teams where drawn out of three hats to make up 3 teams of roughly equal ability; so here they were
• Orange Lasers – Dave G, Jason and Chris.
• Jolly Green Giants – Tracey, Garth and Nod
• The Whatevers – Drew, Myself and Chad
• Road Warriors – Karl, Cam and Kev

What can I say about the actual race? The first heat started and an hour later it was finished. The next couple seemed even quicker. By the last I was starting to feel it but the driving was getting better. After a 1000 odd laps I do think people were getting to know the track.

The racing had a bit of everything: slick driver changes, controllers and all; quick pit stops for clean tyres and a bit of realignment; some patches of really tremendous driving (and patches of really ordinary driving as well); car trouble where a car couldn’t complete a lap without stopping; stacks and crashes involving 1, 2, 3 or even all 4 cars (amazing how quiet it goes when all 4 cars are suddenly off the track at the one time); some excellent marshalling and some “ON THE BRIDGE” marshalling as well; even the “you will never knock them down” trees took a bit of a hammering: but the cars kept going and the racing was tight.

I didn’t realise just how tight it was, after 4 hours of racing with well over 1000 laps being completed, the result was decided by just 3 laps. While I would like to congratulate the Road Warriors on their victory being a member of the second placed Whatevers all I have to say is that we was robbed. Those bloody optical lap sensors just don’t get it right and as for that car we had or WHATEVER.

Great racing everyone. Special thanks to Cam for providing us with the track, the food and some drinks. A great time was had by all.

Next race meet, Drew and Clair’s on Dec 9th. Normal racing but with a best dressed (or simply painted) Volvo competition and a sedan body for the Super G+ (but you don’t have to try and race the Volvo any closed wheel body allowed). Bring a plate, bring the family and stay for a bit of a Chrissy break-up afterwards. More details to follow.

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]