{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: December 2006, Final race for the year.

Posted on 15/11/06 20:23:47
soccerkiddo3

December 2006, Final race for the year.
This is it, the last race meet of the year and a bit of a feed afterwards.

As you probably all know, Drew and Clair are hosting the final race meet for 2006 and Clair has invited us all to stay afterwards and have a bit of a Christmas celebration.

The day is Saturday, Dec 9th. And for those who don't know they are out Midland way.

You are welcome to arrive for a bit of a practice anytime after 10:30 in the morning.

Racing will start at the normal 1:00pm and we will finish around the normal time at which time you and your family are invited to stay on into the evening. Of course like everything there is always a catch, if you are staying for the feed, you are expected to bring a plate or something to share with the rest of us.

With Clair organising the eats for afterwards, there will not be a BBQ lunch so either eat before you arrive or bring a packed lunch, or my favourite, just go hungry all day so that you really enjoy the feed afterwards.

So you are welcome to just come just for the racing, or come just for the evening but my advice, make a whole day of it.

As there is a bit of organising we do need to know numbers so let me know:

- Who is coming to race?
- Who is coming to watch?
- Who will be staying for the evening?
- And who wll be arriving just for the evening?

As per normal, I will give everyone who is coming, the address and such closer to the day. I will also be handing on the email address of anyone who says they will be there for the evening to Clair so she can organise with you what you will be bringing.

So let me know what your plans are. NOW (or at least sometime in the next week or two)

Posted on 09/12/06 23:04:12
richard

Re: December 2006, Final race for the year.
Photos can be found here:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2006-12-09-HO_racemeet/

Posted on 10/12/06 19:46:07
soccerkiddo3

Race results and progressive points.

Race report will follow in a day or two.

[Attachment: HO_Race_meet_2006_12_09.xls (170.24kb)]

Posted on 18/12/06 21:09:22
soccerkiddo3

The last Race Meet of 2006 and here I am very late with the report. So late that I have probably forgotten all the interesting bits that happened on the day so in this report I will cover the year as a whole rather than just the last Race Meet.

First off though, thanks to Drew and Clair for hosting the race day. An extra special thanks to Clair for the wonderful meal that she put on after the racing and while I could thank everyone for bringing their little bit I won’t. We all know that compared to Clair’s effort, the bits which we contributed were insignificant. Our thanks to you Clair, much appreciated.

Classic:
The day started with Karl breathing down Dave’s neck as far as the progressive points were concerned. It finished the same way with Dave taking 1st place from Karl followed by Drew and Richard. These results were reflected in the points for the year as well.

Looking at the year overall Dave has managed 5 1st places, 1 2nd and 2 3rd places. Karl has taken 3 1st places but on the whole has had to make do with second place to Dave. The only other winners that we have during the year were Drew and Tracey both of whom managed to tie for 1st place in their first race meet; Drew in round 1 and Tracey in round 2.

Stock:
In stock Dave has had his name on the title since about the half way mark of the year. It was a good thing too as Dave had some stiff opposition on the day and had to make do with second place.

Drew took the honours for the second race meet in a row with Karl taking out third from Richard.

This win allowed Drew to claim second place for the year behind Dave and in front of Karl. After missing the first couple of race meets for the year, Cam has done well to climb to 4th overall.

I am not sure that Dave will have things quite his own way next year.

Modified Stock:
In Modified Stock, the day started with Karl out in front playing catch me if you can to the others.

He once again had a great qualifying run to take maximum points from qualifying from Drew who showed the benefits of having the home track. Dave was the only other one to better the 7 second mark.

The heats went much the same way with the top 3 qualifiers winner their way into the final. Congratulations to young Jason for taking the 4 place in the final even if you had to beat me to do so.

The final saw Drew turn the table on Karl and take 1st place on his home track.
Well done to Karl for his victory in the points for the year. Dave managed to keep clear of Drew in third and Tracey in fourth.

Congratulations
So congratulations firstly to our host, two 1st places and a 2nd is not a bad day out even if you were staying at home.

Also congratulations our class winners for 2006; that would be Dave, Dave and Karl. Great racing guys, something we all hope you won’t be able to do again next year.

I also would like to congratulate Chris for his win as overall Junior Champion for 2006. His victory was by the smallest of margins from Jason after taking into account the number of races that they each competed in. Look forward to seeing what you can do next year.

Next Year
Plans for next year are being drawn up and we will keep you all informed. We will certainly be running the same classes with extra fast class being accommodated at different times so as not to encroach onto our current racing.

We are also looking at running some of the racing in two division to make for some tight racing and giving everyone a chance to win on the day. There are also plans to hold a greater variety of events so next year is sure to offer something for everyone. So include slot cars on your Christmas list and keep your eye on our forum to contribute to the discussion.

First up we have a informal event being hosted by Kev in early January. Saturday, January the 6th I believe. More details will follow.

And as for the more competitive racing, first event will be at Dave’s place in early Feb. Now is the time to get those cars running.

Geoff

P.S. Pictures and all are already on the local forum. Thanks to all the photographers and thanks to Richard for giving us a place to put them all. Check them out

http://neophytte.mine.nu/html/index.html

Remember OZ HO slots, the place to find out the secrets that Dave doesn’t want to share.

http://www.ozhoslotcars.com/

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]