{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: Feb 2007 - First round of the 07 Championship

Posted on 23/01/07 20:05:51
soccerkiddo3

Feb 2007 - First round of the 07 Championship
Yep, it is that time again. When the kids start getting ready to go back to school it is time to get the slot cars ready to run.

First round of the serious racing is on

Saturday Feb 17..

At Dave's WOW raceway in Bibra Lakes. Check out Dave's new look web site. http://www.freewebs.com/wowhor/

Further details will be sent everyone on the mailing list later including address and such, this is just the reminder for the calender so that you don't double book.

Racing this year will be run in two divisions in some classes to make sure there is plenty of tight racing.

Racing will be in 4 classes starting with the ThunderJets at 1:00pm. The Turbo's will be run on a different format to give everyone more track time. The SG+ will also be changed give tighter more interesting racing, giving everyone a better chance to make the finals. The new Restricted Open class will be run in the evening so as not to take time from the current classes.

As always, new people are most welcomed, drop us an email if you are interested. Loan cars are available for the ThunderJets and Turbos to give you a go. Cars, parts and advice are available for those wanting to build their own cars.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Posted on 27/01/07 23:36:56
drew & clair

Re: Feb 2007 - First round of the 07 Championship
the sg+ has been changed!!!!! could i hav more info on that ,or you can save it for the day

Posted on 28/01/07 19:56:54
soccerkiddo3

Drew,

As far as the rules for the cars, that is being discussed in the topic you raised and at this stage there doesn't seem to be much support for any chances (I am sitting on the fence on that one). Here I am talking about the race formats.

From the questionaire that I sent out at the end of last year, there was two messages that came back strongly. One was with Turbos, people prefered a format which gave them more racing (like a round robin) rather than the knock out "one on one". And in the SG+, the heats and finals were biased a bit too much to the top qualifiers and people wanted something which gave everyone a go. Also I am pushing for having 2 divisions of Racers to keep the events interesting for everyone.

So I am looking at these three things and hopefully coming up with a race formats that we will all enjoy. I have been busy for the last month, first with Christmas, then New Year, then my sons wedding on the 12th and a house full of guests that came with that. We got rid of the last guest this weekend so I hope to get a write-up of my ideas on the forum this week to give you all a chance to comment and discuss. I would like to have it all agreed before we get to Dave's on the 17th.

Geoff

Posted on 19/02/07 11:27:45
richard

Pics:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2007-02-17-hoslotcar_meet/

Posted on 19/02/07 21:57:13
soccerkiddo3

Results including Points. Please check and let me know where I am wrong.

A write up will follow but it could be the end of the week.

[Attachment: HO_Race_meet_2007_02_17.xls (203.26kb)]

Posted on 24/02/07 19:30:16
soccerkiddo3

The first Championship Race Meeting for 2007 was held at Dave’s WOW Raceway. Thanks Dave for use of your track. Always a pleasure to go racing at WOW.

The event saw 15 starters running in 3 classes across 2 divisions. The 2 divisions and new race formats are aimed at giving everyone a chance to win racers and with bonus points on all races except finals there is lots of opportunity to get points on the board. A warm welcome to Woody, the new boy for 2007.

Classic ThunderJets:
Close racing as always with these slippery cars.

1st heat was a three way tie between myself, Chad and Kev. The 2nd saw Drew take a good win. Dave G showed the advantage of a home track in the 3rd while Karl scored in the 4th. The 5th had Cam step up while Dave G took the next. Young Jason took 2 in a row against different opposition before Dave G took the 9th. I got lucky and took the next while Karl had a runaway win in the 11th. Drew took another in the 12th with Karl taking the 13th. Garth won the 14th while Karl took the last. Karl with 4 wins took out the Speed division results from Dave G while Cam showed that it is all about consistency to claim the Consistency division result ahead of Chad.

Stock Turbos:
Having 4 cars on the track for a minute of madness makes the Turbos an interesting racing. We had numerous ties including 2 way ties. Winners were:

1 Dave H
2 Chris, Jason, Geoff
3 Jason, Geoff
4 Geoff, Garth, Drew
5 Geoff, Garth, Drew, Dave G
6 Drew
7 Dave G
8 Dave G, Tracey
9 Tracey
10 Tracey, Cam
11 Cam, Chad, Caitlin
12 Kev
13 Chad, Caitlin, Kev, Richard
14 Kev
15 Kev, Dave H

In the Consistency Division, Kev run out winner from Garth and Cam while in Speed Dave G took the honours from Tracey and Drew.

Modified SuperG+:
Modified SuperG+ was also run on a slightly different format with heats organised on Qualifying times and the final for each division decided by the total number of laps rather than race results.

In the first heat of the fastest qualifiers, Dave G took out 3 of the 4 races but both Karl and Cam also qualified for their respective finals. The 2nd heat saw Drew taking 3 of the 4 races and claim a final spot along with myself and Garth. The 3rd heat save Jason lead the way but it also saw Woody qualify for the final in his first outing. Raced these cars before haven’t you Woody. The last heat saw the Kev take a share of the honours in 3 or 4 races but was not good enough to make his final.

The Consistency final saw young Jason take a good win from Cam, Garth and Woody.

In Speed division Karl took the honours over Drew, myself and Dave G. Dave showed that now matter how well you drive the track, if you have car problems you won’t win.

Restricted Open:
So after a short break for some pizza, 7 of us stayed into the night to run Restricted Open for the first time. These were run in a single division Round Robin competition. Based on the Patriot SP35 (Green arm, poly mags) these cars are a step up from the Super G+. The speed at which the run (and come off) makes them a fun car to race.

With 4 wins, Karl took out this event from Dave G but I think we all had fun just running these cars. Look forward to the next event but I am not sure running after a days racing is the right thing to do. Still it was fun.

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]