{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: April 2007 - Round 2 Championship Races

Posted on 19/03/07 18:38:04
soccerkiddo3

April 2007 - Round 2 Championship Races
Next round is Saturday 14th April at Karl's place in Craigie.

Put it in your diary now.

More details later.

Posted on 08/04/07 19:21:44
soccerkiddo3

Re: April 2007 - Round 2 Championship Races
OK, here is the reminder, Racing next Saturday.

Invites on the way out but if you are not on the mailing list or miss out for any other reasons than let me know.

Normal times:

Practice start around 10:30 am
Lunch, sausage sizzle, 12:00 noon
Racing 1:00 pm
Classic ThunderJets
Stock Turbos
Modified Super G+

Then we are planning a bite to eat (some form of take away).
Followed by
Restricted Open

To ensure that we get the afternoons racing through in a reasonable time we will be dropping qualifying for the Stock Turbos. Also a list of dos and donts posted on the general forum. Please have a read of them.

Anyway let me know if you would like an invite and don't get one. If you do get an invite please let me know if you are going to be there or not.

See you Next Saturday.

Posted on 08/04/07 21:34:06
richard

I'll be there!

Posted on 09/04/07 10:08:59
drew & clair

me and jason aswell

Posted on 09/04/07 11:49:04
Karl

Me too

Posted on 09/04/07 12:48:33
Monaro Doorslammer

Big call there, Karl. Watch out for that freeway...

I miss out as I said earlier...

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site

Posted on 15/04/07 20:07:14
soccerkiddo3

Race results and points, Write up will follow in a day or two.

[Attachment: HO_Race_meet_2007_04_14.xls (225.71kb)]

Posted on 19/04/07 20:19:41
soccerkiddo3

In April we were back for our second Championship Race Meeting for 2007 after our little adventure to straight track drag racing in March. Our thanks to Karl for making his home and track available. A special thanks to Tracey, not only did she do a great job with the snags for lunch she followed up with an excellent job as Race Director. She even had the racing finished early. Well done to everyone for cooperating.

With our special overseas visitor we had 14 starters. It was nice to meet you Em. We look forward to you joining us anytime that you are here.

Classic ThunderJets:

ThunderJets led the way. Karl with his home track knowledge left the rest of us in the speed division in his dust running out clear winner from Dave G and Drew. The Consistency division was a lot closer with Cam just pipping Garth and Chad by the smallest of margins. Jason and Chris were just behind, only 5 laps covering the top 5 finishers. Well done to Em with her 6th place in her first race.

Early days in the progressive points but with 2 wins from 2 starts, Cam and Karl led the way on their respective points tables.

Stock Turbos:
The new racing format is certainly giving a lot of very close racing. Winners were:

1 Caitlin,Chris
2 Caitlin,Chris,Garth
3 Chris,Garth
4 Drew
5 Tracey,Drew
6 Drew,Dave
7 Dave,Geoff
8 Karl,Geoff
9 Dave,Geoff
10 Geoff,Cam
11 Cam
12 Cam
13 Kev,Nod
14 Chris

In the Consistency Division, Cam just managed to hold out Chris and Garth while I got the better of Drew and Dave.

In the progressive points, Cam has edged ahead of Kev and Garth in the Consistency Division. In Speed, Dave G maintains a lead from Drew and me.

Modified SuperG+:

Qualifying times Karl showed the advantage of a home track while Garth led the way in the Consistency division. Others to score a bonus point included Tracey, Drew, Cam, Jason, Caitlin, and Chad.

In the first heat of the fastest qualifiers, Karl and Drew fought out a tie from Tracey. I the 2nd heat Dave G had a good win over Garth. I use car trouble as the reason for coming a distant third. The 3rd heat saw Jason lead the way from Caitlin and Cam. The last heat saw the Nod just ahead of Chris and Chad with Kev in fourth.

The Consistency final saw young Jason take a good win from Cam, Garth and Caitlin. With 2 wins from the first 2 events, Jason leads the way in the progressive points.

In Speed division Karl took the honours over Dave, Drew and Tracey to also record 2 wins from 2 and lead the progressive points.

Restricted Open:
Again we had a short break for some pizza, 6 of us stayed into the night to run Restricted Open again. We even had a couple of spectators who were kind enough to help with the marshalling.

In qualifying, I managed to just hold out Tracey and Karl with Dave not far behind. But when it came to the racing Karl turned the tables on Tracey and me.

With 2 wins from 2 starts, Karl leads the progressive points.

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]