{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: July 2007 - Championship racing at Cams

Posted on 16/07/07 19:38:56
soccerkiddo3

Re: July 2007 - Championship racing at Cams
WOW, I must becoming a good driver then.

After we take out all the scenery on Saturday Cam you will have some room to make something a bit harder to drive....

Posted on 17/07/07 18:54:22
Karl

Well if I shoot the soldier holding up the bridge (more of a private he is so new) - no not Cams private - there should be no change then! - COOL more scenery to demolish. Hey Cam, lets have a demo derby?

Posted on 17/07/07 20:43:30
Dave in Perth

lets have a demo derby?

what have you done with the real Karl??!

Posted on 18/07/07 00:44:47
Em_the_Squirrel

Karl wrote:
Well if I shoot the soldier holding up the bridge (more of a private he is so new) - no not Cams private - there should be no change then! - COOL more scenery to demolish. Hey Cam, lets have a demo derby?

that soldier isn't holding up the bridge, he got stuck under there while peeping on the mrs.

Posted on 18/07/07 13:12:16
Chadly

was the soldier there when you were here?
maybe we could play Armys and...........nurses, maybe!

Posted on 20/07/07 08:58:25
richard

Looks like I won't be able to come along

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 20/07/07 10:25:22
Chadly

as long as we have a photographer

Posted on 20/07/07 18:34:11
soccerkiddo3

Plenty of people with cameras but is there photographer amongst them?

Posted on 20/07/07 22:07:04
drew & clair

looks the same for me ive got a cold ,so i will see how i go .so i might be there and i might not

Posted on 22/07/07 15:24:21
Chadly

great day of racing Cam.
many thanks.

Posted on 22/07/07 20:16:42
Karl

Yes, thoroughly enjoyable.
I'd travel 100ks (round trip) for that kind a entertainment!!!!

Posted on 23/07/07 12:30:45
Dave in Perth

and hope to see Drew, Jason and Richard at the next one

Posted on 23/07/07 19:24:49
CamZH

Yeah, thanks all (well most) for coming along ! Thanks to Tracey, and SCD1 for helping out with food, and thanks to Geoff for making the day work !

Posted on 25/07/07 13:16:18
richard

For some reason I had it in my diary as this weekend coming, so was double booked

Posted on 25/07/07 15:26:19
CamZH

Dont screw that up again !

Posted on 25/07/07 22:23:40
soccerkiddo3

First off I would like to apologies for not getting a race report written for June so first off a belated thanks to Drew and Clair for hosting the June event. The new 6 lane monster track was great but gee 6 cars running around are hard to keep up with and even harder for us "old blokes" to marshal. As for the race results, you all know who won and besides, that is old news now.

So now let’s talk about July, Championship race meet number 4. The first time we have run all 4 classes over Cam’s hill. And run they did. Even the ThunderJets! Thanks to Cam for providing the venue, food and track for a great day. Pity you can’t do anything about the weather. Talk about a change, last time there for Drag Racing it was so hot the track was melting, this time wet and cold. And the weather I think contributed to keeping the numbers down. Still, nice to see a new face amongst the crowd. Welcome Michael. What did you think of those ThunderJets? Different than most other slot cars, hey.

The biggest disappointment was that I had a heap of one liners ready to bag the track and especially that bloody hill but I can’t use them. In fact I have to say that the track wasn’t only passable, it was bloody good fun. Challenging yes, a big track with lots of different elements but your quick change of a few corners for the ThunderJets did seem to do the job but did you have to put in the speed humps? But when the TJets were put away and the Turbos came out to play, the track did really come into its own. That long straight needed the extra legs.

But as if to make up for one disappointment there was that little thing with those wonderful optical lap sensors. It is hard to believe that something as technically advanced as those could have caused any problems. Lucky you still had the good old reliable REED switches installed to use as back-up. Sometimes the oldies are the best whether you are talking about sensors or marshals.

This report is going on a bit long and I haven’t even mentioned the wonderful dummy spits that entertained us during the day but I am sure that Karl and Chad will give us repeats on other race days that I can write about when I have more time. As for the lights being turned out in the middle of a race, you are only meant to do that when the cars have lights Garth. Mind you I guess we can’t complain considering you were racing at the time it affected you as much as anyone. My problem was when the lights came back one, I just couldn’t find my car.

Still a great time was had by all, thanks again Cam.

Classic ThunderJets:

The Thunderjets found the track a long way around making ties the norm. The heat winners were:

Heat 1 Dave, Tracey
2 Chad, Cam
3 Karl, Dave
4 Karl
5 Tracey, Garth
6 Chad
7 Karl
8 Garth, Cam, Chad
9 Tracey, Chad
10 Karl

Karl with 4 wins from 4 heats led the way in the Speed division from Tracey and Dave who tied for second 3 laps back. In the Consistency Division Chad managed a similar result over Cam and Garth. Michael came a respectable 4th in his first run in this class.

Karl has increased his lead in the progressive points for Speed while Cam has a similar lead in the Consistency division. When checking out your points, remember you must drop one round and this hasn’t been taken into account for the totals.

Stock Turbos:
Cam showed what home track advantage really means mind you still lots of tight racing with a couple of 4 way ties. Winners were:

Heat 1 Cam
2 Cam
3 Cam
4 Kev, Chris, Michael, Garth
5 Chad
6 Karl
7 Garth, Chad, Karl, Geoff
8 Karl, Geoff
9 Karl, Geoff
10 Dave, Cam

In the Consistency Division, Cam reversed the TJet result and had the better of Chad and Garth. While in Speed Karl had his first win for this year in this class over me and Dave.

In the progressive points, Cam has increased his lead but Garth has managed to overtake Kev for 2nd place in the Consistency Division. In Speed, I have taken over the lead with Karl in second but only until the lowest round is dropped (but I decided that I wouldn’t drop it yet, I will enjoy the lead while I can.)

Modified SuperG+:

One minute qualifying on such a big track was pretty harsh. A couple of crashes and you were in big trouble just posting a time. Cam showed again the benefit of home track advantage to post the fastest time while Chad managed 3rd fastest with Karl in the middle. The first time that the Speed division hasn’t lived up to its name.

Three heat with 3 runners. In the first heat Cam continued to show how well he could handle the track accounting for Chad and Karl. The second saw Tracey just pip Dave with me a distant 3rd. The last saw Garth easily account for Chris and Kev.

Chris won the race off against his dad to take the final spot in the Consistency final. Chad managed to turn the table on Cam in the final winning from Cam, Garth and Chris.
Karl won a close fought affair from Dave to take out the Speed final. Tracey and I tied in 3rd.

In the progressive points, Cam still holds the lead over Chad but dropping a round makes it interesting. Karl leads the way in the Speed division.

Restricted Open:
RO was very interesting with Chad presenting a very fast car. I had an aim to be the first to have a RO car banned but I think Chad may take that honour with his car. Dave presented his P35 in probably the fastest we have seen one mixing it well with the BSRT cars (with the exception of Chad’s of course).

No surprise to say that Chad had it all his own way running out clear winner with the rest of us in some tight racing. Karl managed to take out 2nd ahead of Tracey.

In the progressive points, Karl is still clear leader and appears to be untouchable.

Posted on 25/07/07 22:26:47
soccerkiddo3

Full results and progressive points attached. Remember you can drop your lowest points score in each class which may be a no show.

[Attachment: HO_Race_meet_2007_07_21.xls (227.28kb)]

Posted on 27/07/07 18:28:00
CamZH

Thanks for the write up Geoff !
It's good to see my name mentioned ina positive light a lot

page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]