» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: Enduro time again

Posted on 14/08/07 21:10:49
drew & clair

Re: Enduro time again
mmm i mite have to make my wall`s thicker

Posted on 16/08/07 21:07:48
Karl

I can't say I've ever seen a broken Turbo?
What do they look like (Un-microwaved)

Posted on 17/08/07 19:25:00
Monaro Doorslammer

They look like a Citgo Thunderbird...

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site

Posted on 25/08/07 16:22:43
CamZH

Ok, So if everyone is happy with turbos i'll order 6 of them, and we can used Le Mans type bodies supplied by Geoff for the day, in a similar fashion to what we did at mine ?

Anyone have an issues ??

Posted on 26/08/07 10:37:03
soccerkiddo3

I only have limited bodies available but you can use them.

At the moment I have a silver Sauber Mercedes and a Castrol Jaguar (ala Dave G). I have a brand new alternate colour scheme Jag still in its packet.

I also have a couple of Porsches (Shell and Porsche Racing) but I think we decided not to use them.

I am happy to use what I have but I don't have enough at the moment. See see what you can get new.

Posted on 26/08/07 20:52:04
CamZH

I can get Minolta Toyota's like Drew drives in reasonable quantities but they will all look the same !
Anyone got issues with them being painted like we did with one of the bodies for the last enduro ?

Of course the winning team will be taking them home again...

I'm all good for painting ! then you can see what sort of marks you can leave on Drew's walls and how much paint you can rub off the car !

Posted on 27/08/07 07:51:07
Karl

I'm not for painting them.
I would rather have some temporary stickers put on them to make them look different.

Posted on 27/08/07 14:39:28
Dave in Perth

I got the silver and blue Toyota bodies, 2 Jaguars (Castrol and "Silk Cut" AFX) and the silver Merc we could use.

The final body could be the white/green Jag.

Or even the black Merc hehe

Edit: I forgot the Peugeot (or however ya spell it) !! there's another one (which I don't have any more)

Posted on 27/08/07 16:58:59
Chadly

I'll race any of the turbo lemans bodies.
Not for painting though, maybe different coloured marks so we can tell the cars apart.

Posted on 27/08/07 22:11:15
drew & clair

yeah big stickers or we could put different coloured ajs lol

Posted on 30/08/07 08:34:56
soccerkiddo3

OK, we have discussed and agreed on quite a bit but a few things still need discussion. So let me have a go at what I think has been decided and what still needs to be agreed. What ever I get wrong you can correct on Saturday.

Firstly we have agreed:

- 6 hours
- teams of 2 or more
- turbos straight out of the packet. 6 Toyota Minoltas ordered.
- any Le Mans type body can be used (I and others have some available but you can use the Toyota)
- team must use the same body for the whole event, no substitutes
- body must be complete and any damaged repaired
- $10 each to cover cost of cars, less if you have more than 2 in your team

Still to be discussed

- Do we use the same chassis for the whole race or do we tie them to a lane ?

I see advantages to both, if we use the same chassis then it will depend on how we look after it. If we tie it to a lane then it is fair for all if one is faster than the others.

- How long racing, how long between races?

I think it depends on the number of people per team, 2 people then maybe 45 minutes racing and 15 min break. If we have 3 people then 55 min and a 5 min break. Maybe we should have a 30 min break half way. Or am I just getting old?

- What mods, if any, can we do to the car?

Obviously, anything we do has to be done on the day but what are we allowed. Oil is OK. What about tweaking the pick-up and springs or truing tyres? Is anything allowed?

- Should electronic controllers be allowed?

One thing that I realised at XLR8 enduro was how helpful an electronic controller was to make the car more drivable for longer periods. I don’t think that it is fair for some teams to have them and some not. Maybe we should set a standard controller i.e. 45 ohm for the day.

- Team selection

We want teams to be even, how are we going to select who is on what team and when?

- Cars to the winning teams

With 6 cars maybe both first and second can get a car each. The winning team gets any left over.

Comments welcomed, either here or on Saturday.

Posted on 30/08/07 13:43:40
Dave in Perth

soccerkiddo3 wrote:

- turbos straight out of the packet. - body must be complete and any damaged repaired

- What mods, if any, can we do to the car?

Obviously, anything we do has to be done on the day but what are we allowed. Oil is OK. What about tweaking the pick-up and springs or truing tyres? Is anything allowed?

I say all included stock parts must be used (unless deemed faulty), but the car may be rebuilt with those parts. NO extra parts (eg extra brush tensioners Chad hehe). We may have to allow for one pickup shoe change?

Not sure I'd be game to true Turbo tyres, as there's stuff all track clearance at the back as it is.

I'd like to keep the same chassis throughout, wouldn't wanna get a car that had just slowed right up halfway through.

For team selection, how about 1st in Speed with last in Consist, 2nd with 2nd last etc... go on, ya know ya wanna! I just wanna see Karl, Tracey and Chad get frustrated

I'm putting my claim in for the Castrol Jag as usual

Controllers I aint too concerned about.

Should voltage be set at 14 or 16V for a bit more speed and challenge? Then I may be more concerned about controllers!

blah blah..

Posted on 30/08/07 14:26:00
Chadly

-12volts might be a bit more comprehendable for 6 hours.
-45 ohm controllers only (everyone should have the same.
- i vote the cars be put together by a reputable racer, either Karl or Geoff (not Dave G.............sorry, you were hacking on me, hehehe), and basically cloned (so they are all the same) and then handed out at random on the day. So teams can keep their car for the whole event. NO MODS after that except if it aint working.
- 1 A driver a B and a C (beginner), or 2 B's, or 1 A and a C
- 55 min brackets with 5 min l/c, 20 min break at half time.

Posted on 30/08/07 20:35:37
drew & clair

hear is the enduro track so far and new controller station has been made aswell. And 14 or 16 volts would be good there is a lot of straight in the track.

Posted on 30/08/07 20:48:02
Dave in Perth

HOLY COW!!

Someone's been busy!!

Posted on 30/08/07 20:50:43
drew & clair

okay think about time aswell. it will be saturday

controllers i say the team can use which one they feel most comfortable with but no electronic

pick up shoes if your pick up shoes dont last bring some with you and springs

no mods, standard standard, and the car you get you race with no changing cars

55minets and 5minet brake excellent idea and the tean can change drivers when they want.

tean selection ,the way we did it last time was good aswell

had my say

Posted on 30/08/07 20:53:48
Dave in Perth

I'd like to drive each lane twice, so how about 28 minutes plus 2 in between?

Posted on 30/08/07 22:40:25
soccerkiddo3

Dave in Perth wrote:
I'd like to drive each lane twice, so how about 28 minutes plus 2 in between?

Hey Dave, you can drive a lane twice. You could do the first 27 minutes of a heat and the last 27 minutes of the same heat.

Seriously, I don't see what we would get by having the teams line up twice on the one lane. Driver changes can be made as often as the team likes and doing the long heats I think was part of the enjoyment of last years enduro.

Posted on 30/08/07 22:51:03
soccerkiddo3

drew & clair wrote:
hear is the enduro track so far and new controller station has been made aswell. And 14 or 16 volts would be good there is a lot of straight in the track.

Drew, looking good. Not good, bloody great. (but I am not sure about that blue after 6 hours of racing )

Me, I think that we normally run on 14 volts we should stick to 14 volts. Your long straights will just give us a chance to hit top speed which you normally don't in these cars. You still have to stop them for the corners (and we don't want to have the marshals having too much work).

Posted on 31/08/07 11:22:08
richard

Didn't Drew say at some stage he was going to stop rebuilding his track???

page: 1 2 3 4 5 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]