{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: Enduro time again

Posted on 06/10/07 12:15:14
Chadly

Re: Enduro time again
Yep for me for tomorrow, as long as a TV is on watching bathurst!

Posted on 06/10/07 19:50:47
drew & clair

it will be on

Posted on 10/10/07 21:45:52
drew & clair

stickers has some one got pink and orange please would be good

Posted on 10/10/07 22:04:36
CamZH

i have my fluro ones,
they dont stick to cars that well, but a bit of tape does the trick

Posted on 10/10/07 22:06:13
drew & clair

okay

Posted on 10/10/07 22:24:58
soccerkiddo3

Rather than using stickers that will not stick, has anyone got a pink and orange texta. We can colour a few white ones. We only need 6 of each for the day.

Posted on 11/10/07 20:25:50
Dave in Perth

I'm sure Drew still has the paint pens for lane marking, we can colour any sticker to what we need.

Posted on 11/10/07 21:49:46
drew & clair

dont forget the stool or someone will be

Posted on 12/10/07 15:07:16
Monaro Doorslammer

Non-starter again, but will be down after 5 to see how it all went...

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site

Posted on 14/10/07 09:25:00
CamZH

Wow !
Thanks to Drew and Clair for all the hard work they have put into this race !
I totally appreciate it !

ohh, and the racing was good too

Posted on 14/10/07 11:25:16
Karl

Thanks Drew & Clair. Great track.
Cheers
K&T

Posted on 14/10/07 11:43:34
Chadly

Yep, awesome!

Posted on 14/10/07 18:25:10
drew & clair

yip thanks for coming ,and i think this 6 lane is better then the last one

Posted on 14/10/07 20:35:57
soccerkiddo3

Drew

I was surprised that a track that looks so simple can be so much fun to race. I often wondered why the Yanks have tracks that look quite simple, I now know, They are made for racing

Thanks again for a great day. I will write up and post a summary of the day soon.

I look forward to the next time that we go racing on Blue Ice Raceway.

Posted on 15/10/07 10:25:41
Em_the_Squirrel

soccerkiddo3 wrote:
Drew

I was surprised that a track that looks so simple can be so much fun to race. I often wondered why the Yanks have tracks that look quite simple, I now know, They are made for racing

naw d00d, it's just cuz we so dum we cant fink of enyfing else.

Posted on 16/10/07 20:13:26
soccerkiddo3

Funny, I was thinking that .... but I was wrong.

Posted on 16/10/07 20:14:12
soccerkiddo3

That time of the year again, Team enduro with the emphasis on the endurance bit. A six lane track Drew is one thing, but running an enduro on it. 55 minute heats, 6 lanes, 330 minutes of racing. Normal race day, if you run all 4 classes, that is 16 heats and if you are lucky 4 finals, 2 or 3 minute each. So with teams of 2, this enduro was 3 days plus worth of racing (and marshalling) rolled into one day. Great fun hey!!!!!!

But the day would not have been possible without the effort of Drew in preparing the track and having us there for the day. I would also like to thank Clair but thanking her for going out for the day probably doesn’t sound quite right but seriously we do appreciate the work necessary to get a track like that up and running as well as the time and effort and cost of having us there for the day. We thank you both for having the track and then having us for the day.

BLUE ICE RACEWAY is a great racing track.

Drew one question: Are we going to get to race on this track a second time before you change it again? I don’t know that we have ever had more than one race meet on any of your tracks. A great way of making sure no else knows the track. Mind you they do just seem to get better and better.

OK so back to this race day. 11 starters made it for the day. A warm welcome to Luke for his first race meet. To make life easier for him he was put onto a 3 man team with young Chris and yours truly, the old man of the field. The other 8 made up 4 teams of 2 giving us 5 teams in all. Lanes draw was made and racing began about quarter past 11. Almost on time.

Teams were required to lodge their team names by the half way mark and I still think the Turbo Retards (Tracey and Garth) would have a good case for appeal as the only team to meet this requirement. As for the rest of the teams, I guess I can call them by any name that I like.

What can you say about an enduro: Heat starts, good clean start, tight racing, 55 minutes and 200 odd laps later, heat finishes. There always seemed to be a lot going on but to be honest by the end of the day I didn’t remember much about it. Maybe it had something to do with the 400 odd laps I personally raced for the day or maybe it is just a problem with age and short term memory. I do seem to remember lots of laughs as well as a few curses and grumbles. As the rest did a lot more laps than me (the leading teams shared 1600+ laps between 2 drivers) I doubt if anyone has too clear a memory of the whole race.

I could tell you about those 10 laps I did in a row without a mistake. I could also tell you about the time I took over the driving 10 laps behind Cam and Chad team: 10 minutes nearly 50 laps later I was still 10 laps behind Cam and Chad but I won’t bore you with my racing. I was pleased to have a couple of younger team members to carry the load. Well done Chris, you had lots of racing to do. And as for Luke, he went from a complete novice to a seasoned pro in the one race.

Talking about the 2 Cs, I will say how everyone realised that if you left Chad get into a groove he will just do lap after lap so heckling was the order of the day. I couldn’t quite work out why Cam, his team mate, joined in the heckling but it is something that Cam is good at. Lots of practice I guess. Even when driving he keeps the comments coming. Even with their complete different styles as a team they were a force to be reckoned with, over 1600 laps and second place. Not a bad result.

Tracey and Garth while you won the name race unfortunately you didn’t do quite as well on the track. I know that I had some interesting challenges with both of you at different times overall you both what could be called a tough day at the office. Tracey your feelings about Turbo cars are well known and understood so having to drive one for 3 hours was always going to be tough but Garth your claim that you are really a sprinter is maybe a little harder to accept although I do agree that you do seem to like the shorter race formats.

Drew and Kev looked like a dangerous pairing, home track advantage and Kev’s past form in endurance racing. Drew racing was good but not spectacular while Kev couldn’t quite live up to his endurance reputation. Just off the pace a wee bit. Still third place is nothing to be upset about.

Last but not least I better mention our winners. Karl and Jason was an interesting combination. How would Karl’s improved form with the Turbos this year stand up along side Jason’s mixed form over such a long distance. While we probably all expected Karl to get into his groove, I don’t think we expected Jason to be able to match him. Right from the first heat this pairing led the way. Well done.

Over all a great race on a great track. Looking forward to doing it again next year.

Next month back to championship racing at Karl’s place. The last points race for the year. Make sure you are there so pencil in Nov 10th for now but this is to be confirmed. While you have your diary out, pencil in Dec 8th for our final get together for the year.

Posted on 16/10/07 20:16:15
soccerkiddo3

And the results, Thanks Cam

Posted on 16/10/07 20:35:10
CamZH

Sure thing.
And thanks for the write up Geoff, I really get a buzz out of reading them, takes me back to the racing !
I've gotta say I had a real blast racing the enduro, the racing was tight and lots of fun !

Posted on 16/10/07 20:41:41
CamZH

Here's the cars too after the race !
Wow, those turbos are looking good after 1600 odd laps !!

page: 1 2 3 4 5 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]