{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: November 2007, Last Championship race for the year

Posted on 08/11/07 17:42:26
CamZH

Re: November 2007, Last Championship race for the year
Don't forget to bring your pennies if you want to buy some new t-jets ! i got a few for sale...

Posted on 10/11/07 22:31:46
richard

Photos can be seen online here:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2007-11-10-HO_Slotcar_Meet/

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 10/11/07 23:09:24
richard

GT40 entries can be seen in this forum:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/forum/forum.pl?fid=05&topic_id=1194703322

Feel free to add your own pics!!!

Posted on 11/11/07 10:35:55
Chadly

gee Richard, you're quick. We were still at Karls the time you posted this!

Thanks to everyone who turned up for making the day great. Hope we will see your faces for all future races.
Most thanks to Karl and T for providing the venue (that test day last weekend really helped!).

Posted on 11/11/07 21:58:54
CamZH

Yeha, thanks for the venue and track to race on guys !
Not to mention the food and the company !

But get rid of those $#%^ing reeds!!

Posted on 13/11/07 22:55:33
Karl

You know if we got rid of the reeds the problem would still have existed.

Not with an amp circuit I hear. But that can also be applied to the reed setup.

Any idea what the problem actually was Geoff? Laptop not liking the long leads maybe???? Frustrating I know!!!

So Cam, when is this night at Colins??

Posted on 14/11/07 11:48:00
Chadly

1/24th cars as well...............i'll supply!

Posted on 14/11/07 14:35:04
Monaro Doorslammer

Karl wrote:So Cam, when is this night at Colins??

Oh yes Cam. Do tell...

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site

Posted on 14/11/07 20:30:33
CamZH

Wasnt Tracey going to organise it ??
I still say it would be better with optics no contact bounce to confuse the PC !!

Posted on 17/11/07 20:11:37
soccerkiddo3

Sorry for taking so long but Kay decided to share her cold with me and I just haven't been up to doing any of this after work. Feeling better so it is time to catch up.

Results for last weeks races are attached. You will find however that they do not have the progresive points. I thought I would keep them to myself at this stage of the year.

Race report in progress. Probably tomorrow.

[Attachment: HO_Race_Meet_2007_11_10.xls (71.51kb)]

Posted on 20/11/07 21:17:40
soccerkiddo3

For the final points race we headed off to Karl’s place. We had to find out if soldering all of the track makes a difference. It did certainly fix most of the power problems. Only one spot on one lane still had a bit of a problem. Thanks Karl for having us all there. A great time was had by all.

Sorry about my laptop causing problems with the timing system. I had a chat with a guy at work who put forward a theory that the Parallel Port on the Laptop was incompatible with the quick action of the reed switches. He felt that the problem could occur in any computer as the action of the switches would be outside of the operating specs of the PP. His solution is to amplify the signal a bit. I think the white board solution worked pretty well. The races take a bit longer to get through but it is nice to be able to look up the board to know who is next. Maybe simple solutions are the best…..

Classic Tjets:

15 racers in Tjets, so 15 heats. The first saw Tracey and Drew tie one lap ahead of Chris. The 2nd had Richard and Jamie tie. The 3rd saw Karl just keep out Drew. The 4th had Richard account for yours truly by 1 lap. Garth did the same to Cam in the 5th. Drew and Tracey again couldn’t be separated in the next but Garth had a clear win in the 7th. The next had Karl and Cam tying while Kev and I split the honours in the 9th. Garth had a good win in the 10th and Drew did the same in the 11th. Richard and Jamie accounted for Luke and Matelen in the 12th. While Karl held out Tracey and Jason in the 13th. I got the better of Jamie in the second last while Karl and Garth just held out Chad in the last. Good racing all round.

In Speed Drew scored a narrow victory over Karl and Tracey while in Consistency Garth easily account for Cam and Chad.

Progressive points are not being discussed in this report.

Stock Turbos:

In stock the racing was very tight with the following heat winners:
Karl
Jason,Garth,Geoff
Jason,Garth
Luke,Jason
Richard
Luke
Chris
Chris
Chris,Tracey
Drew
Drew
Karl,Drew
Karl,Drew
Karl

With 4 out of 4 Karl took out the Speed result from Drew and me. In Consistency Cam took the honours from Chris and Garth.

Modified SuperG+:

The qualifying saw Karl show what home track advantage is all about posting 2 tenths better than myself and Chad.

Karl run out clear winner of the Speed division in the heats from Drew and myself with Tracey 4th. The final saw Karl still in front but I did manage to pip Drew.

In Consistency Jason took the heats from Chad, Chris. Garth took the last place in the final on count back over Cam. In the final Chad reversed the result over Jason with Chris and Garth in 3rd and 4th.

Restricted Open:

Karl set the fastest qualifying time and then carried that into the racing running out clear winner over me. Cam did well to take 3rd place with his Storm.

Next event: Driver Challenge, Christmas Break-up
Remember that the next event is a Drivers Challenge/Christmas Break-up at my place. This is planned for a casual day with a bit of racing and a bit of swimming. Events are aimed to test the driver. This is on December 8th so get that into your diary.

page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]