{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: December Get Together - Driver's Challenge

Posted on 26/11/07 20:47:37
soccerkiddo3

December Get Together - Driver's Challenge
Don't forget that our December Race meet is on December 8th at my place.

Bring your slot cars, bring your bathers, bring a plate, bring the family and make a day of it.

We will be having a few races but not of the normal kind. These will be to test your driving skills more than the speed of your cars.

Invites being sent out soon so that we can arrange numbers...

Posted on 26/11/07 22:39:27
richard

Re: December Get Together - Driver's Challenge
I'll be there and Eunice said she'll come along as well ...

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 02/12/07 07:55:48
soccerkiddo3

Message from Cam

Hi Geoff,
I might be there a bit later on, i think i have to work a bit that day, but not sure of the time as of yet.
Also gotta look at getting my 32nd track there... bit hard to organise that while i've been out of the country...
In Japan right now on my way back home !
fly out in about an hour !!

Posted on 04/12/07 22:41:06
CamZH

And now i'm back !

Anyone care to lend a hand and a trailer to get this track to Geoff's on friday night ? is that ok with you Geoff ?

Posted on 05/12/07 19:17:58
CamZH

Thanks to Nod the 32nd rally track should be at Geoff's !
So bring your 32nd cars you dont mind to rash up a little

Posted on 08/12/07 23:35:44
richard

You can find the photos here:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2007-12-08-HO_Slotcar_Windup/

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 09/12/07 09:19:33
Karl

Thanks Geoff &Kay
You had many iteresting ideas for raceday that actually worked.
The food was great! Can still taste Kays Pav! Must be some bits still caught between my teeth. Mmm Yeh!

Have a great break everyone - hope to catch up soon.

Karl and Tracey

Posted on 09/12/07 09:32:53
CamZH

Thanks again from me for putting on a great years worth of racing !
Big thanks to Geoff for organising 95% of everything !

will be great to start racing again next year !!

Posted on 09/12/07 12:44:15
Dave in Perth

AWESOME day Geoff n Kay !!

was so good to catch up with (almost) everyone again, apart from some great racing, you're a great bunch to be associated with.

Kay's food was just brilliant, I made sure I had 2nd helpings of everything haha

Geoff, the amount of effort you put in throughout the year is astonishing, and much appreciated by all involved. THANK YOU once again, none of it would happen without you.

Posted on 10/12/07 15:26:34
Monaro Doorslammer

The very all-ttoo-short amount of time I could spare was well worth the trip. Another gem in the can.

Now, to remember to take some stuff next time...

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site

Posted on 14/12/07 18:16:23
soccerkiddo3

December Race Meet Write Up
Racing was at my place and while I could start by thanking myself for hosting the event I should really give credit where credit is due. I did move my track but all of other things that had to be done for the day like sweeping the patio, cleaning the BBQ and webers, vacuuming the pool and even cleaning up enough of my room as that I could get to the track was all done by Kay. Thanks Katie for all the effort that you did before, during and after the day. Without you it wouldn’t have happened.

Thanks also to Cam for supplying the 1/32 scale track and Nod for getting it to my place. It gave something different to use on the day.

The racing started on this track. Without lap timing (I could help with fitting a couple of reed switches to fix this, Cam!!) we ran a simple head to head 5 lap event. Best of three heats. Just to add interest, only 2 reslots were allowed and rolling the car was an instant loss. After 3 heats and a repechage the semi were decided with Karl against Chad, and Cam up against Kev. Tight racing saw Karl and Cam making through to the final with Karl taking the honours.

In the next event, we trialled a new handicapping system. Racing Tjets, drivers were allocated a handicap based on their results of the last couple of rounds. This was in the form of seconds delay at the start. The better drivers were challenged with making up ground during the race. The concept tested well with the front markers giving the back markers a real test to chase them down and get ahead. A slight problem with the lap counting on the Blue lane for some of the heats didn’t help but with the right handicaps (and lap sensors) it looks like developing into an interesting form of racing. It must have worked OK as it was decided to run one class next year using this handicap system.

Standings were:
Driver Red White Blue Yellow Total
Karl 13 12 12 12 49

Garth 11 12 12 11 46

Tracey 11 12 11 12 46

Chad 11 12 11 11 45

Richard 11 12 6 11 40

Geoff 11 11 6 11 39

Cam 8 13 4 13 38

Kev 8 10 8 11 37

Nod 9 11 1 12 33

Dave G 8 8 7 8 31

Matelen 6 11 3 10 30

Phil 6 9 1 9 25

The next event saw a combined class event. Each lane was allocated a car/controller combination. The different lanes were allocated a point per completed lap with the winner being determined by the number of points. Everyone raced on each lane. The car/controllers were;
- Red lane: Restricted Open Patriot SP35, Green arm, poly mags all round and slip on silicones. This was coupled with an electronic controller supplied by Karl (talk to Karl if you liked the controller, he built this one).
- White lane: The other end of the scale a standard Tjet with Silicone tyres fitted coupled with an original Ruskit controller. One of the first to use a trigger instead of the plunger of the earlier controllers.
- Blue lane: Tomy Turbo, stock F1 with a neo magnet bar and silicone tyres fitted. It had a Tomy “shot of speed” controller. This controller was one of the innovations from the Tomy Grand Prix set. While the Hairpin bend and Chicane set from this set has gone on to be a common Tomy part, these controllers have died a natural death. Anyone looking for one, I have some for sale.
- Yellow lane: Life Like T chassis with silicone tyres. We haven’t raced them at all this year and they are too good a car to completely ignore. Coupled with a Parma controller this is just a good combination to drive.

The challenge for the drivers was to master each of this in the race with no practice allowed. It was almost as challenging for the marshals having to allow for the different speeds of other cars when replacing a car on the track. But a good time seemed to have been had by all.

Points were:
Driver Red White Blue Yellow Total
Karl 78 90 88 95 351

Cam 75 80 80 85 320

Dave G 69 80 84 80 313

Tracey 72 70 68 80 290

Richard 75 70 68 65 278

Dave H 66 80 64 65 275

Nod 63 70 56 80 269

Chad 60 70 68 65 263

Garth 60 60 72 70 262

Kev 63 60 68 65 256

Matelen 39 80 56 60 235

Phil 57 50 68 60 235

The last event for the day was a simple time trial. A target lap time of 5.791 seconds was the aim using your own Super G+, Modified or Stock, and 2 minutes to do it. How hard is that? The only catch was a faster lap time was instant disqualification. Young Matelen showed how to do it with 5.870. What we should have learnt was stopping when we had a good time.

First time around best times were:
Matelen 5.870
Phil 6.066
Cam 6.111

The times that did not count included
Kev 5.853
Richard 5.971
Garth 5.993

Second time around some people had learnt a thing or two:
Nod 5.808
Garth 5.817
Kev 5.826
Phil 5.892
Richard 5.979
Matelen 6.262

I seemed to have gone on long enough. I do have a few things to say about the year in review and the winner of the progressive points in particular but I will do these in another write up. Stay tuned, out soon.

Posted on 14/12/07 20:57:44
Dave in Perth

in defense of my poor results in the T jet event, I raced THIS (was worth losing, so much fun to drive ) :

Posted on 15/12/07 11:41:53
Chadly

i dare you to race that all next year Dave.

Posted on 15/12/07 16:13:14
Monaro Doorslammer

Ooh, yes Dave. Go on. We'll all chip in to your 'race funds' if you do...

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]