{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: February - Championship Racing

Posted on 21/01/08 20:32:23
soccerkiddo3

February - Championship Racing
OK, Fun time over now it is time to get serious with a Championship race meet at Karl in Craigie. On February 9th.

Race day starts at 10:30 with a bit of practice. Racing gets underway at 1:00. Three classes during the afternoon being
- Classic Tjets (two divisions, Sliders and Shakers)
- Stock Turbos (handicap racing)
- Modified SuperG+ (two divisions, Speed and Consistency)

In the evening it is
- Restricted Open

And to get us in the mood for serious racing I have decided to start each race day with a fun event. There will be a different one each race day. We will run them over lunch before the first race. The first one is a Demolition Dash, old turbos with OLD bodies if you want to participate.

New racers are most welcome, if you are around Perth and would like an invite drop me an email.

Posted on 22/01/08 07:13:11
richard

Re: February - Championship Racing
Sorry, but can't make this one as I'll be O/S.

There go my points again *sigh*

Richard

Posted on 22/01/08 19:16:42
soccerkiddo3

Richard

You certainly miss a chance to gain some points but all is not lost.

Last year we raced 6 times in each class but only 5 counted. This year we look like racing 7 times in each class and I am proposing that again only the top 5 count.

What do you think people? Count 5 out of 7 or should we drop only one and make it 6 out of 7 ??????

I will create a poll and see what people think. Go and vote now.

Posted on 28/01/08 19:33:27
soccerkiddo3

Just spoke to Karl. He tells me that he is home next Saturday afternoon so if anyone is after a bit of practice before the race from about 1:00 pm onwards. You may even be able to get him to help sort out those handling problems in your cars. He can't do much about the handling problems in your driving.

Practice is Saturday because Sunday, Tracey, Chad and Karl are racing in a team enduro at XLR8. If you are doing nothing you may like to call in and cheer them on. Racing starts there at 3:00pm.

Posted on 06/02/08 23:02:04
soccerkiddo3

Invites have been sent. If you didn't get one but would like to come along on the day, drop me line.

Posted on 11/02/08 12:45:31
soccerkiddo3

Results sheets, including points, is attached.

BUT I have a problem. I didn't record the times for Super G+ qualifying and therefore could not give Bonus point for racers within 1/0.5 seconds of the top qualifier. Anyone take a picture of the board (CAM maybe, Richard where are you when you are needed) or anyone with a photographic memory of ALL the times (not just your own).

If someone has them I can add them in or if we are scratching them (see Chad's arguement on Point scoring topic) then it doesn't matter.

[Attachment: HO_Race_Meet_2008_02_09.xls (77.11kb)]

Posted on 12/02/08 21:40:56
Dave in Perth

I managed some low 3.2's

Posted on 12/02/08 21:44:16
CamZH

from memory:
Chad 3.3
Karl 3.5
Me 3.7

cant remember anyone else
and i didnt take any photos

Posted on 14/02/08 10:13:39
Chadly

Meeting report here:

2008 got under way for the Perth HO slotcar group with the first points scoring meeting on Karls tight little deamon layout. Practice, the weekend prior, was REALLY hot but it didn’t keep first timer Bill away. He was almost on the pace right away with some of Geoffs “pro” setup cars.
Race day was thankfully a bit cooler, but the race was HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!

First up was our regular Classic T Jet class. Cam moved up to the Sliders division (replacing the Speed division) to join Karl, Tracey and Geoff, while up-and-coming Sarah joined first timers Ben, Kate, Hayley, Jarrod (Garths brother) and Em To make up a strong 16 car field.
Karl turned in some hot laps on his own track to take 4 bonus points (bracket wins) and a total win, but only by 2 laps to, newly promoted, Cam (who got 3 bonus points) 42laps-40laps.
Chad Won the Sliders division, with 37 laps, but only by 1 lap to Garth (36 laps) and Jarrod (35 laps). Em claimed fourth with 34 laps, Hayley fifth (33 laps), Ben sixth (32laps), Barry seventh (31laps), Nod+Kev+Sarah (30laps), Kate (29laps) and Matelen (26laps).

Next up was the turbos, to be run with the new handicapping system. This produced some very interesting results.
Jarrod took advantage of the “newby” handicap of 0sec to record a whopping lap total of 91 laps, 8 laps ahead of his brother Garth (83laps). Third was Tracey (77laps). These 3 people will have their handicap increased for the next race. 4th was Geoff (74laps), then Chad and Karl (72laps), Kev (70laps) which was the median lap score, Cam (67laps), Em (66laps), Barry (65laps), Matelen+Nod (60laps) and Chris (56laps).

The Modified Super G+ cars rolled back into town with some blistering performances. Even though he was in the Crashers at the start of the day, Chad soon moved up a division with an awesome 3.3 second qualifying lap (even knocking Karl off his perch). Cam turned in a hefty 3.7 second lap to top the Crashers.
Cam made a strong showing in the race with a great 84laps, just 2 laps ahead of Jarrod (82laps), Garth (77laps), Em+Chris (69laps), Kev (64laps) and Matelen (45laps).
In the Sliders, Karl made light of his embarrassment in qualifying by claiming a big race win over Chad (101laps – 91laps), Geoff (89laps) and Tracey (69laps).

After a long and hot day, some “drinks” were had before the Restricted Open cars came out to play. Dave Gannaway showed up just in time to qualify, which produced no surprises. Karl topped the sheets with a 2.6 second lap but it was Geoff who played the consistent one to take the race win with 126laps, followed by Cam in 2nd running a basically RTR Wizzard Storm with 118laps, Karl 3rd (116laps), Chad (101laps), Dave G (97laps), Tracey (90laps) and Em showing no fear for the quick cars with 75laps.

Dave G had a great surprise for us all, announcing the birth of his new son. We want some pictures to put up Dave!

Next month, the series race meet will be at Kevs place on March 8th. Not sure about the track yet (as it is yet to be setup), but if you want to help, give him a call on 9497 7792 (and I’m sure Geoff has his email addy).

Hope to see you all next month.

Chad

Posted on 14/02/08 13:35:15
Karl

A great race report Chad.
Good work!

Posted on 14/02/08 21:15:20
Dave in Perth

thanks Chad

Posted on 14/02/08 21:41:06
CamZH

I lied !
I did take some pics, just not of the times...

But here is the Car Cooler v0.5b

Posted on 15/02/08 20:40:25
soccerkiddo3

Takes Karl to have high tech thermal coolant device at his race meet.

But wouldn't it work better if the fan was turned on?

Posted on 16/02/08 14:38:07
Karl

Nice spot Geoff.

Turning the fan on is easy Use a slower shutter speed.

Whens the next race, my finger is itchy (No obvious comments, Dave or Cam - Ahh!! or Chad, or Dave H)

Posted on 16/02/08 17:26:53
CamZH

also requires less flash

no Karl, not that kind of flash !

And i'm sure you can get some cream or power for that itch

Posted on 17/02/08 10:38:56
Chadly

itchy hand?????? just rub it on your...............leg!!!!!!!

Posted on 25/02/08 19:44:03
richard

soccerkiddo3 wrote:
Richard where are you when you are needed

Let's see, on the 8th I was drinking Tiger beer in Malaysia

Posted on 26/08/08 20:20:50
bobbin

Red with white strip car on fan....Who's and what?? Body looks very familiour....
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]