{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: May - Racing at XLR8

Posted on 11/05/08 20:46:27
CamZH

Re: May - Racing at XLR8
Thanks to all involved, Great race meet !

Posted on 11/05/08 21:17:48
richard

soccerkiddo3 wrote:
Race results are attached.

[Attachment: HO_Race_meet_2008_05_10.xls (485.63kb)]

Let me know if there is any problems, I am still trying to get this spread sheet correct.

Geoff,

The "Classic Laps" page total figures seem incorrect - in mine I have 40, 29, 40 with a total of 93 ...

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 11/05/08 21:39:13
Karl

Hey Geoff. Do you use excel to add the laps? If so I can help you with the formulae....

Posted on 11/05/08 23:11:24
richard

Karl wrote:
Hey Geoff. Do you use excel to add the laps? If so I can help you with the formulae....

Is it Formula One?

Posted on 12/05/08 19:17:25
soccerkiddo3

Richard wrote:

Geoff,

The "Classic Laps" page total figures seem incorrect - in mine I have 40, 29, 40 with a total of 93 ...

Cheers

Richard

Bad name for that sheet. It actually has the total laps scored in the Classic event for each person for each month. Those figures are your total for March, April and May. I use each person's last race to rank the drivers into the draw of the next race. The ranking is your laps as a percentage of the average number of laps in the last race you were in.

The draw has the higher ranked drivers in the first heat, they are rotated out until the middle heat which has the lower ranked drivers (which includes new driver who don't have a ranking). Better drivers then come back in resulting in the second strongest heat as the last heat. The idea is to keep the heats as close as possible for real tight racing.

Last year we had this sort of draw for Turbos but I used the points but it was skewed by having 2 divisions and by driver who missed race meets. This method seems to be working except for new drivers but that is fixed the next race meet.

I think I will rename this sheet to Classic History when I get a chance.

If you are looking for how you do in the races then look in the sheets named Classic, Stock, Modified and RO. The then the points sheets of the same name but remember with the points you get to drop TWO race meets for the final result.

Posted on 21/07/08 22:02:02
soccerkiddo3

Combined race report posted in July race meet.
page: 1 2 3 4 5 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]