{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: April Racing, Championship meet at Cam's

Posted on 24/03/08 20:28:22
soccerkiddo3

April Racing, Championship meet at Cam's
Easter has been and gone, the Easter eggs are disappearing fast and the belt has been let out one notch.

Time to get your mind off the chocolate and back onto the cars.

Racing at Cam's place in Merriwa, on Saturday April 5th.

Just time to get the cars ready. You will have to jack them up a little (make that quite a bit) if you are ever going to get over that bloody hill.

Keep an eye on this topic and see when we get an invite for a bit of a practice run.

Anyone who is not on the mailing list but is interested, drop me a line.

Posted on 24/03/08 21:29:37
Monaro Doorslammer

April Racing, Championship meet at Cam's
A miss for me.

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site

Posted on 24/03/08 22:43:47
CamZH

Re: April Racing, Championship meet at Cam's
Hey Guys !
Practice:
Track will be open for practice and software testing saturday afternoon, say from 2pm onwards...

Posted on 31/03/08 19:50:05
CamZH

Hey Guys ! <br>
Practice: <br>
Track will be open for practice and software testing saturday afternoon, say from 2pm onwards...<br>

Posted on 31/03/08 20:22:04
soccerkiddo3

Invites have been sent out.

Anyone who is interested in coming but hasn't got an invite, let me know.

RSVP here, or to Cam or to me if you haven't already done so.

See you all there

Posted on 31/03/08 22:58:05
Karl

Ta Geoff.

Tracey, Hayley, Ben, Kate, Tyler, Sarah and myself will be coming.
Cheers
Karl

Posted on 01/04/08 09:42:43
Chadly

are we having a kids event? I'll volunteer to run the first one if you want.
I say anyone under 16 can enter!

Posted on 03/04/08 21:38:56
soccerkiddo3

Thanks for the offer Chad.

I guess it depends on how many takers. I know some of the under 16 are in the running for points in the main event and I don't think that they should be in both. I am assuming that we are talking about a Tjet race as that is the one that gets the most in it.

We will need at least 4 entrants or it will just take extra time so they may as well run in the main event. Let see how many are interested.

Posted on 03/04/08 21:44:23
soccerkiddo3

Race Entry Nominations
At the risk of making our racing even more pretentious I have been considering a new Race Entry Nomination Procedure (or RENOP for short) and I believe now is a suitable time for introducing these procedures.

Trying to work out who is and is not racing in each event is not a trivial task when we have the number of entries that we had at Kev's place. I feel that we should have entry procedure with the appropriate deadlines and conditions that build and maintain the quality as well as quantity of the field. These procedures should give all contestants the opportunity to nominate for events and allow time for others to review and challenge the nominations and/or scrutinise their cars. We will then need to have the necessary appeal processes before accepting and finalising the field for each event.

Or we could just have a sheet of paper where people put down their names and mark what races they will be running in. That way I can make sure I get all the names into the computer for the race.

Tjets races are good to start the day with as we can add new racers into the schedule right up to the last 3 heats. So anyone who is running late can still race. Their penalty for being late is that they will be racing against the better drivers who start and finish the Tjets.

The other 2 events are a bit more complex and we do need to know who is going to be in before we start.

So for racing at Cam’s I will provide a sheet of paper, please write down your names when you arrive and indicate what races you will be running in.

Thanks muchly.

Posted on 04/04/08 08:09:07
Chadly

sounds good!

Do you think there is any need for scrutineering for the 2 "top" classes (SG+ and RO)? If so, all cars are impounded before and after qualifying and during all heats that the car isn't racing in. Warning though, it may increase racing time a bit.

Posted on 04/04/08 18:42:33
soccerkiddo3

I don't know about scrutineering cars but we may need to breathe test the drivers.

Posted on 04/04/08 23:35:09
Dave in Perth

no car impounding, scrambling between heats and marshalling is the only time one gets to fix a car..

I agree with the race nomination thing - either some paper we add our names to, or a pre printed sheet with our names (plus extra blanks) and boxes to tick off for each class.

Seeyas tomorrow

Posted on 06/04/08 09:52:25
Chadly

When is your actual birthday Cam? Happy birthday for that.
Congrats to Em for taking out top spot in the turbos and for coming second to Cam in the SG+'s. You musta been sneakin in SOME practice whilst you been over here!!!!! You will be missed.

Posted on 06/04/08 15:55:30
soccerkiddo3

I have to agree with Chad on the big vote of thanks for Cam and Em for hosting the racing yesterday.

And a final agreement with Chad. Em, We will miss you. Have a great trip back to the US of A.

Posted on 06/04/08 16:11:56
soccerkiddo3

A word on the Bad Starts in Turbo Handicaps.....

I have worked it out. It all comes down to splitting a second. Handicaps are calculated in whole seconds while Lap Timer times in milliseconds but displays the time to go in whole seconds dropping the milliseconds from the display. So when people were crossing the line at say 2:21 seconds there was actuall 2:21.405 seconds to go. My program said bad start because it was wanting 2:21.000 seconds before you could go.

I don't think that we should penalise people for starting when they were told to so I have changed my program to accept anything up 2:21.999. The only bad starts were the 3 (yep that is right 3 out of 4) practice starts by Karl. He just can't help himself when he sees 5 green lights....

Overall, Em is still the winner but now we have a tie for 2nd place between Richard and Chad with Karl in 4th place.

Posted on 06/04/08 16:14:07
soccerkiddo3

Results including sheets for progressive points are attached.

[Attachment: HO_Race_meet_2008_04_05.xls (338.20kb)]

Included you will find the Sheets for the adjusted Handicaps as well as sheets for the progressive points for each class. Remember when considering points that people will have their 2 lowest point scores dropped in each class.

You will also see a sheet for Classic Laps. This just records the number of laps, as a percent of the average number of laps, at the last race meet you race in. It is just used to allocate drivers into the draw for the next race meet so that you are racing against drivers of similar skills.

Any questions or queries please let me know as most of this spread sheet is new so anything could have happened.

Posted on 06/04/08 16:16:50
richard

Yay, I came second - having a 'test track' with timing certainly helps pick out a better chassis!

And the person who came first is leaving the country (have a safe trip!) ...

And the pics are here:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2008-04-05-HO_slotcar_racing/

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 06/04/08 18:48:05
Dave in Perth

THANK YOU Cam n Em for having us all over, providing eaties and letting us race on ya track. I had a great time

Look forward to future races there

Posted on 06/04/08 18:58:37
Dave in Perth

Richard, thanks for posting up all those photos.

Image 41 needs some sort of speech bubble added to it.. what can we come up with?

Posted on 06/04/08 19:37:49
richard

GRRRRR ....

page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]