{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: April Racing, Championship meet at Cam's

Posted on 06/04/08 21:03:19
CamZH

Re: April Racing, Championship meet at Cam's
"Welcome to Big Al's Dino Tuning and Fuel Emporium
Where we take racing seriously"

Posted on 07/04/08 00:22:56
Monaro Doorslammer

"Karl puts his race face on."

Nice to have a more civilised meet and it didn't disappoint either. I think what Chad is trying to say is that the track needs more, marshall friendliness i.e. having the large holes filled in where there are hard to reach places at corners 1 and 2.

XSRDragRacing.com - Western Australian slot drag racing site
XLR8Raceway.com - 1/32nd fun located in Bibra Lake

Posted on 07/04/08 09:52:54
tracey

Cam and Em,

Thanks for the having us all over for the Race meet on Saturday, started out fairly WET but ended up being a pretty good day.

Food was great and as always the company was entertaining !!!

Wishing you all the best with your return to the US Em, hopefully we'll see you back soon.

Cheers and Thanks,
Tracey, Karl and Gang.

Posted on 07/04/08 20:24:27
soccerkiddo3

Cam

You know that your effort in hosting our race meet in such trying conditions was really appreciated. I was expecting it to be called off due to flooding by the time I got there. Great effort and good fun.

Thanks again. I look forward to the next time when we get a chance to tackle the challenges of your layout including that bloody hill.

Geoff

Posted on 17/04/08 03:49:14
Em_the_Squirrel

Is there going to be a report for this meet ?

Posted on 17/04/08 18:11:30
CamZH

Race Report:

It PISSED down with rain, so bad that my jocks n socks got soaked..
We all raced some cars, I beat everyone in the super G+ and thats about all that matters ?

ohh, there was a little issue with some female international racer taking out the honours in the turbos too !

Posted on 17/04/08 20:33:22
Em_the_Squirrel

CamZH wrote:
Race Report:

It PISSED down with rain, so bad that my jocks n socks got soaked..
We all raced some cars, I beat everyone in the super G+ and thats about all that matters ?

ohh, there was a little issue with some female internation racer taking out the honours in the turbos too !

where's the rolly eyes when you need it ????
silly cam

Posted on 17/04/08 22:30:46
richard

Click the "Help" to the left to find the other smilies ...

Posted on 18/04/08 02:12:08
Em_the_Squirrel

i never knew that, rock on !

Posted on 20/04/08 09:09:34
Chadly

Big Brother is watching!!!!!

Posted on 28/04/08 22:26:37
soccerkiddo3

I started this a while ago, sorry it took so long to finish.

Gee it was pouring down; I haven’t seen rain like that for quite a while. In one place on the road up to Cam’s I had to plough through water almost up to the doors (mind you I could have driven around it like everyone else but when you have a 4 wheel drive you just have to ….). Still it was raining pretty hard. I almost expected Cam to ring anytime to say it had been cancelled with a flooded track but no call so on I pushed wondering how many would make it. Numbers were down but a good turn up considering the rain.

When I arrived I found that Cam and Em had battled in the rain to erect a shelter next to the garage that houses the track to give us cover to have the BBQ and put our gear. The hosts were busy changing out of their wet underwear, lucky for them it was raining as it washed all evidence away. A really great effort to have us all racing on a day like that.

I do like the changes that you had made to your track. While I missed the “bar height” when it came to leaning on the track to be able to reach cars in the middle of track made marshalling a lot easier and I think flattening those corners made for better racing. Thanks for all the great work.

The racing as normal started with Classic Tjets and as usual these cars are stretched by the long track. Racing was good and tight. In the Sliders division Dave G and Karl fought out a good tie with Cam one lap behind in 3rd place. In Crashers division Chad took the honours with Garth, Ben and Em making it a 3 way tie for 2nd place. Good tight racing all around.

The handicapped Stock Turbos was next up. Em showed what can be done with a bit of knowledge of the track taking the honours from Richard and Chad. Don’t think that going back to the States will see your new 9 second handicap being forgotten. Next time you visit us you can expect to be sitting on the starting line before you get to go racing.

Modified Super G+ was next up. With only 9 racers and 2 finals only 1 person was going to miss out but I would prefer to talk about who did make the final not who missed out. In the Consistency final, Kev battled hard but his car lacked the speed to match it with the others on such a big track. Garth improved on his lap count over the heats but had to make do with 3rd. Em again showed her track knowledge to take out 2nd while Cam showed what being master of the track was all about. A good win Cam. In the Speed final, Tracey was off the pace and couldn’t hold her good form from the heats. Chad drove well but couldn’t compete against the Karl and Dave G who were on fire. Chad 3rd place Dave and Karl tied for 1st.

RO saw a field of 7. After a pretty ordinary day I managed to get some sort of form to take 3rd overall. Karl and Dave again had some really tight driving this time seeing Dave take the honours with his P3 by only 1 lap. Well done Dave good to see you getting the P3 up to speed. Look forward to some interesting racing for the rest of the year.

As for progressive points, with people being able to drop their 2 lowest scores it is hard to work out what they mean as only one of the 3 meets may end up counting. Chad and Karl are setting the pace in Classic. Chad is also out in front in Stock. While Cam and Karl are leading the way in Modifieds. In RO I am still in front but gee there is just so far to go it is hardly worthwhile discussing.

Looking forward to some great racing for the rest of the year. Next month we are racing on our own track down at XLR8. Expect to see you all there.

Posted on 29/04/08 02:31:24
Em_the_Squirrel

sweet, thanks geoff ! i was hoping to send this off to my Visa ..person, and now i can do so ! rock on !

Posted on 29/04/08 21:06:52
Dave in Perth

Geoff, thanks for a really cool writeup, I'd enjoy reading it even if I didn't do so well hehe

I've gotta catch up in those damn Tjets tho

Once again, thanks to Cam and Em for so much effort to make a great race day!!
page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]