{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: January Racing, Caravans @ Kev's

Posted on 02/01/11 20:10:23
soccerkiddo3

January Racing, Caravans @ Kev's
January racing is at Kev's place in Armadale.

The main event will be a Caravan Demolition Derby with Kev's caravans. We will need to sort out a few thing like whether we are using Kev's cars or if we will attach towing hitches to our own. We will also have to work out the scoring system. All these details will follow. For now I have the Following from Kev.

Hi Geoff ,

Sorry to leave it so late as we haven't been able to go on the net until yesterday due to a "technical" problem with our modem & computer.

I've found out that Motorvation will be on the 16th & 17th of Jan according to the car club's newsletter but I'm sure that it'll be on Sat 15th & Sun 16th instead & not the Sunday & Monday???? , However , I've been thinking of either this Saturday the 8th ( which will be too early for us ) but definately possible for Saturday the 22nd of Jan would work out better for the "Great Caravan Demo Derby" at our place!!

I will send you some pics soon of the finished caravans - They're ready to crash up!! , I still have to download the pics from off the camera yet.

Kev.

So how does January 22nd suit people? Let us know.

Posted on 02/01/11 20:14:37
soccerkiddo3

Re: January Racing, Caravans @ Kev's
A picture of the caravans on the track.

Posted on 02/01/11 20:16:00
soccerkiddo3

And in the workshop

Posted on 02/01/11 20:17:13
soccerkiddo3

Kev, How about a picture with one in pieces?

Posted on 02/01/11 23:46:41
Monaro Doorslammer

Had a look at the caravans last week, they look very trick.

I'm confirming this time definitely, been far too long since I done an HO race. Will also bring some 1/32nd cars I have for sale in case anyone's interested. Ford GT, Mini Cooper and a Peugeot 206 (all Scalextric Limited Edition) for those who fancy a look.

Posted on 09/01/11 11:17:34
soccerkiddo3

A van in pieces. Clever piece of work how they can be put back together.

Posted on 09/01/11 19:51:13
richard

Kev has done a fantastic job with those caravan's ... saw them 'in the flesh' at Shawn's place and they are quick to put back together ...

Looks like Jai and I can't make it that weekend though, hope you all have fun!!

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 13/01/11 20:37:06
soccerkiddo3

Kev has started talking about how this racing will work.

I think that we can make the final decisions on the day but I would like to see a crash and burn style of racing, if you or your caravan comes off or is no longer a caravan then your race is over. Most laps wins.

Any other ideas?

Posted on 13/01/11 20:40:36
soccerkiddo3

Kev

Have you got any ideas of a track layout? Remember that hairpins are out with the caravans.

Posted on 13/01/11 21:49:53
kevin

Hi everyone , Tis me..... , The pic that I've sent to Geoff of 2 hairpins & a heap of curves was more to see what reactions there would be but he hasn't put the 2 pics on this topic as yet - BUT - as for the caravans , They're easy to re-assemble but as it might take Garth a bit longer time to assemble 1 of them - I might have a chance of winning at least 1 race I hope? L.O.L. , The 1st step would be to hold the chassis in 1 hand & then slide each wall into place & then add the roof on top & they're done!! - easy! but for those less confident don't despair as I'll give a demo when everyone's here at my place.

I'd like to encourage everyone to "Have a go" but the best part is to try to knock another persons caravan over & possibly destroy it into it's seperate pieces without completely wrecking them beyond repair??? & we can use my JL's or it'll be easy to fit 1 of my "simple" towing hitches by removing the rear body screw & slipping a towing hitch over the screw & winding the screw back in place - again - easy! so you can use your own cars or mine ( the choice is yours ) & if you decide to keep the towing hitch for your self - "go for it!" as I can make another 1 fairly quickly.

Kev.

Posted on 13/01/11 22:09:23
kevin

For a 2nd posting - You shall find out what track plan we're having on the day ( just to keep the suspence for a bit longer ) but be sure that the usual long straight along the starting strip will be kept & there'll be a few tight curves ( in the track ) where it will be challenging for some as it you were to "Gun it" too much the car & van will jacknife or completely spin around & face the other way & A "HEAD ON" will be likely , I shall surprise you ( & possibly myself too! ).

Also , more racing ideas can be discussed on the day as I'm still open to the majority preference of "Crash & burn" or drag around what ever remains of the caravan until there's a "Last Man Standing" racing on their own ( most laps wins ) or perhaps both????? , The main thing is "To enjoy the day" & "have as much fun as possible" if you can.

Posted on 13/01/11 22:51:21
Dave in Perth

Caravan drag racing?

Posted on 28/01/11 09:27:58
Dave in Perth

THANKS to Kev and family for a fun day's racing

Kev, those caravans worked very well, and looked even better.

Where's the pics??!!

Posted on 28/01/11 09:54:13
kevin

Thanks to everyone that came along to race caravans with us , I've just added 3 videos to YouTube the other day but haven't had enough time to post any pics as yet ( but will do soon ) , For those that might be interested in seing the video's - search for videos by "locoman3801" when you go on to the You Tube website & you "should" find them there.

Stay tuned as I'll post some pice soon of the caravans.

Posted on 28/01/11 10:00:17
kevin

Here's 1 of the 4 caravans "in bits" redy to demonstrate how to assemble 1 of the vans.

Posted on 28/01/11 10:06:07
kevin

Here's 1 of the "prang up's" in the practice racing.

Posted on 28/01/11 10:31:31
kevin

After the main racing was done , Chris added a "loop" section to jump them over Here's 1 of the pics.

Posted on 28/01/11 10:51:03
kevin

Here's a "overall" view of the track that we raced on , this shot was just before we began racing & you can see the caravans in the background near Shawn , also , there's 2 "squeeze tracks" just behind the caravans which were "offset" just to add to the challenge.

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]