{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Race Announcements » Topic: October Racing

Posted on 25/09/12 12:57:10
Dave in Perth

October Racing
October Racing is pencilled in for Shawn's awesome MaxTrak

Time to wind some speed out of our tiny toy machines!

Stay tuned for specific dates and details, maybe even from the man himself

Posted on 25/09/12 15:43:10
Shawnster

Re: October Racing
Thanks for the Intro Dave. I will come back with a few dates later today or tommorrow. Got to check with the one who thinks she's the Boss.

Weather is hopefully nicer by then so standing on the patio won't be a horrible experience.

Posted on 25/09/12 18:50:43
soccerkiddo3

Looking forward to it. Have some serious racing

Posted on 09/10/12 16:39:48
lunchietey

Hi everyone, would it be possible for someone to contact/pm me with details? I used to attend 1/32 meets at a place sown my way around 18 years ago and am looking at restarting my slot car hobby again :-) I began purchasing AFX gear years ago with the intention of building a little 1200 x 2400 track in place of the usual pool table as I thought it would be cooler to play with when people came over for drinks. The plans got shelved due to various reasons but I found these forums so the idea is back on the cards.

Hope to hear from you/someone soon!

Posted on 09/10/12 16:40:52
lunchietey

Posted on 09/10/12 16:44:04
lunchietey

Posted on 09/10/12 16:44:56
lunchietey

Posted on 09/10/12 16:48:44
lunchietey

Sorry about the multiple posts! My mobile doesn't like the forums. Kept telling me it hadn't worked!

Posted on 09/10/12 16:49:45
lunchietey

Posted on 09/10/12 20:08:35
richard

I'm sure Shawn or Geoff will be in contact shortly ...

Welcome to the forum, here are some pics of Shawn's track for you yo look at: http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2011-07-16_HO_Slot_Car_Racing/

Cheers

Richard

Posted on 09/10/12 21:17:07
soccerkiddo3

Lunchietey wrote:
Hi everyone, would it be possible for someone to contact/pm me with details? I used to attend 1/32 meets at a place sown my way around 18 years ago and am looking at restarting my slot car hobby again :-) I began purchasing AFX gear years ago with the intention of building a little 1200 x 2400 track in place of the usual pool table as I thought it would be cooler to play with when people came over for drinks. The plans got shelved due to various reasons but I found these forums so the idea is back on the cards.

Hope to hear from you/someone soon!

Hi Lunchietey, Always happy to have someone who is interested in slot cars. A PM is on the way.

Posted on 12/10/12 18:31:19
Shawnster

Trust all is sorted. 26Oct is only 2weeks away need to get serious and start practicing. LOL as if I ever did that. I should do as I am home at the moment doing Fanny Addams.

Posted on 14/10/12 21:06:53
Dave in Perth

hiya Lunchie, if Geoff hasn't sorted you out already, PM me and I'll fill in what's needed

If you've got yourself a Tomy Turbo, Tomy SG+ and/or a newer Tomy Mega-G, then you're mostly set.

We'll introduce you to the world of T-Jets too

Posted on 22/10/12 14:34:00
Dave in Perth

Racing is on this Saturday, 27th October

Come one and all, bring your race faces

I'll be all finished Uni-wise, so if I'm still standing by then I'll be in contention

Posted on 29/10/12 10:57:59
Shawnster

Results for Max Track
Well another scorching day at the track. Despite a couple of absences we managed to have 3 Races, T-Jets, Tyco 440, and Tomy SG+ all for 4 min heats.
Again we had 3 different winners, including a draw in Tjets.
Also had time for resting under the olive tree and sampling a brew or two.
I was just adding up the lap results into Excel and discovered I actually came 2nd in SG+, Just pipping Dave to get 2nd.

[Attachment: Oct2012_Results.pdf (78.50kb)]

Posted on 29/10/12 20:51:01
Dave in Perth

Thanks Shawn, always enjoy your place and track

Sorry I had to bolt after the final race, but was already running late by then..

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]